ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by nilemarques » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:52 am

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="MissA"]Hi everyone, I thought this day would never come but it has. To the glory of Our Powerful Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, through prayers and supplication my partner has been granted. 14 long years of being illegal. He had changed his name, claimed assylum in a different name and was fingerprinted, had undeclared ccjs and the lists goes on. We couldn't get married and even if we could I am a full time student who claims benefits, we hadn't lived together for the 2 years. We just did not meet any rules. But put in an application mentioning everything. We have british children though. (Oh actually my partner is Turbo A on the forum, I had to join the forum myself as I had my own questions to ask and my anxiety to deal with.) We haven't seen the paperwork yet so I have no details on what he was given. The lawyer just called to say he was granted. Would let you know when he gets it.

Thank you everyone who has taken time out to encourage me when I felt like giving up. I just want to tell you that there is being illegal and there's being proper proper illegal, my partner was the latter, his immigration history was colourful. There is nothing we did but PRAY! This is only God, his work is splendid. I give him glory. I give him glory.

Forum members be encouraged, we are not special, our case was weak, all we did was to make an application applying in all categories mentioning partner, parent of child, private life. Basically begging for mercy, we begged for mercy and God said yes.[/quote]

Finally some good news and to crown it all, a huge testimony at that. God bless you. Congratulations MissA do enjoy this God granted freedom.[/quote]

Yes Dapsonlee! It is sweet music to the ear to hear that someone on the forum has finally received that fantastic bit of news. Big congrats to Miss A and Turbo A. I'm so happy for you. Stay blessed!

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:09 am

@MissA
Congratulations to you and your family. He is a miracle God. Where there is no hope that's when you see the victory of God. God bless you all.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:11 am

Hi everyone,
Can't remember if I have updated you guys on my app or not!!! The stress is taking its toll!! Lol!!

Well anyway, I received a letter from TSol copied to the court in which the UKVI(formerly UKBA) stated that they are not going to seek another extension. They had up to date sought just one extension of 21 days. They have requested the court to go ahead and do what they have to do but they should have regard to the fact that they are swamped ( as in the post I posted previously). They did say that they will putting in representation if and when required. In other words, if the judgement is against them.
What I'm finding extremely difficult to understand is why they just won't do their usual copy and paste and issue a removal notice. I'm sure they have the template. It's not really rocket science!!

I did call the UT after I received the letter and the person I spoke to stated that my case is being looked into. So I guess it's more waiting for me.

Stay blessed and have a great day!!

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Wow!!! finally Miss A, big congrats...free from the unknown at last. I do remember Turbo A, awesome testimony of favour despite all the 'supposed negatives'.

@Nile... good that you've got an acknowledgement of sort at least you can be assured your case is being looked into.

@Rina, YES! a load of weight of your mind....wishing you a positive result.

Well, I got a letter from the amoebas following the PAP which they did not respond to, requesting that I withdraw the JR and they will endeavour to give a response within 3 months; either a decision or removal notice which will generate an in country appeal :roll:

So the wait begins again!
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

lookbook
Newly Registered

Post by lookbook » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for your grate advice you are giving in this forum, I’m very happy with your advice and support you are benevolent to one and other.
Please I need your advice all, I came to this country since 2005 as visitor and I’m now overstayed and I had 4 kids with one partner, and my partner and my kids was granted DL about 2 year ago, and my application was omitted without any reason, and my lawyer advised me to apply and depend on my family DL, which i did in 2012, and this year HO refused my application and said my wife did not have British Passport and my kids did not lived in UK for the period of 7years.
I wrote them back and tried to let me know that my 1st kid will be 8yrs this year and he was born in UK and he has never travel out before.
But I was told to leave this country as soon as possible, and I don’t want to leave my 4 boys and leave this country, kindly advice me what can I do, my lawyer said I should re-apply, i need your advice before I do anything please.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:59 pm

@ Miss A congratulations to you and your family. Have a Visa stress free life from now on.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:01 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi everyone,
Can't remember if I have updated you guys on my app or not!!! The stress is taking its toll!! Lol!!

Well anyway, I received a letter from TSol copied to the court in which the UKVI(formerly UKBA) stated that they are not going to seek another extension. They had up to date sought just one extension of 21 days. They have requested the court to go ahead and do what they have to do but they should have regard to the fact that they are swamped ( as in the post I posted previously). They did say that they will putting in representation if and when required. In other words, if the judgement is against them.
What I'm finding extremely difficult to understand is why they just won't do their usual copy and paste and issue a removal notice. I'm sure they have the template. It's not really rocket science!!

I did call the UT after I received the letter and the person I spoke to stated that my case is being looked into. So I guess it's more waiting for me.

Stay blessed and have a great day!!
Well done, You have done well and God will complete the task positively for. They are just trying to scare and frustrate us but they would not achieve this. Keep on the good fight. It is a waiting game.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:44 pm

nilemarques wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
MissA wrote:Hi everyone, I thought this day would never come but it has. To the glory of Our Powerful Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, through prayers and supplication my partner has been granted. 14 long years of being illegal. He had changed his name, claimed assylum in a different name and was fingerprinted, had undeclared ccjs and the lists goes on. We couldn't get married and even if we could I am a full time student who claims benefits, we hadn't lived together for the 2 years. We just did not meet any rules. But put in an application mentioning everything. We have british children though. (Oh actually my partner is Turbo A on the forum, I had to join the forum myself as I had my own questions to ask and my anxiety to deal with.) We haven't seen the paperwork yet so I have no details on what he was given. The lawyer just called to say he was granted. Would let you know when he gets it.

Thank you everyone who has taken time out to encourage me when I felt like giving up. I just want to tell you that there is being illegal and there's being proper proper illegal, my partner was the latter, his immigration history was colourful. There is nothing we did but PRAY! This is only God, his work is splendid. I give him glory. I give him glory.

Forum members be encouraged, we are not special, our case was weak, all we did was to make an application applying in all categories mentioning partner, parent of child, private life. Basically begging for mercy, we begged for mercy and God said yes.

Finally some good news and to crown it all, a huge testimony at that. God bless you. Congratulations MissA do enjoy this God granted freedom.

Yes Dapsonlee! It is sweet music to the ear to hear that someone on the forum has finally received that fantastic bit of news. Big congrats to Miss A and Turbo A. I'm so happy for you. Stay blessed!
Nilemarques can I leave you with this positive saying, "it may be your time but not your turn, it may be your turn but may not yet be your time but when it's your turn and your time, The Lord will pull you from the backseat to the very front. It is your turn and your time my friend. The Lord paved the way so fear not cos once you set your foot in the building, believe it that you have been favored. I never stopped praying for you.

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks a million to everyone who has taken time out to wish us well. Won't mention names in case I miss someone, u are all equally important to me. Your support has tided me over till now.

The juicy bit. I went to get the docs from the lawyer. The Ho sent a letter saying, that they refused as partner, they refused as parent of child, refused as private life bla bla, and at the end that they have granted outside of the rules because there is established family life. I still think its a good idea to mention all these avenues coz HO goes through them all and can see that you're meeting some of the rules, I think this helped them to see that we had 'family life'. Yayyyyyy. So 30 months based on family life is what he got.
His timeline:
Application sent: 21/11/2013
Application rec by HO: 25/11/2013
Payment taken on: 26/11/2013
Ack letter:02/12/2013
Biometric letter sent on:03/12/2013
Biometric done:05/12/2013
Additional docs requested on:31/12/2013
Additional docs submitted on:14/01/2014
Granted: 28/02/2014

From our experience it is possible to put in an application based on family life even if u are unmarried, not lived together for 2 years providing that there are kids involved and for the person who asked we used form flr (o) that was just before the forms changed. Good luck everyone and I am happy to answer any questions. Thank you so much guys and dolls, if u ever see someone walking down the street, head held high with a big smile, and a springy step it cld be me. Would continue to pray for everyone on here.Hugs and kisses

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:17 pm

MissA wrote:Thanks a million to everyone who has taken time out to wish us well. Won't mention names in case I miss someone, u are all equally important to me. Your support has tided me over till now.

The juicy bit. I went to get the docs from the lawyer. The Ho sent a letter saying, that they refused as partner, they refused as parent of child, refused as private life bla bla, and at the end that they have granted outside of the rules because there is established family life. I still think its a good idea to mention all these avenues coz HO goes through them all and can see that you're meeting some of the rules, I think this helped them to see that we had 'family life'. Yayyyyyy. So 30 months based on family life is what he got.
His timeline:
Application sent: 21/11/2013
Application rec by HO: 25/11/2013
Payment taken on: 26/11/2013
Ack letter:02/12/2013
Biometric letter sent on:03/12/2013
Biometric done:05/12/2013
Additional docs requested on:31/12/2013
Additional docs submitted on:14/01/2014
Granted: 28/02/2014

From our experience it is possible to put in an application based on family life even if u are unmarried, not lived together for 2 years providing that there are kids involved and for the person who asked we used form flr (o) that was just before the forms changed. Good luck everyone and I am happy to answer any questions. Thank you so much guys and dolls, if u ever see someone walking down the street, head held high with a big smile, and a springy step it cld be me. Would continue to pray for everyone on here.Hugs and kisses

@MissA & @TurboA (hahaha and I thought I was hallucinating that your stories were kinda same) :lol:
Awwwwwwhhh so happy for you both!!!! This is truly one of those amazing and inspirational stories (seemingly doomed from the start, but somehow victorious against the odds)!! God Bless you and your family and well done guys!! Yayyyyy!!!! XXXXX

Shout outs and prayers to @Nilemarques, @Elastep, @Keisha, @Believe, @Dapsonlee , @Al Haqq and everyone that I forgot to mention!!!!!

@Rina my girl, you got your legal aid approved!! Yippeeeeeeeee!!!! You did it!!! Keeping my everything crossed you d get a response from them soon!!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:57 am

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="MissA"]Hi everyone, I thought this day would never come but it has. To the glory of Our Powerful Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, through prayers and supplication my partner has been granted. 14 long years of being illegal. He had changed his name, claimed assylum in a different name and was fingerprinted, had undeclared ccjs and the lists goes on. We couldn't get married and even if we could I am a full time student who claims benefits, we hadn't lived together for the 2 years. We just did not meet any rules. But put in an application mentioning everything. We have british children though. (Oh actually my partner is Turbo A on the forum, I had to join the forum myself as I had my own questions to ask and my anxiety to deal with.) We haven't seen the paperwork yet so I have no details on what he was given. The lawyer just called to say he was granted. Would let you know when he gets it.

Forum members be encouraged, we are not special, our case was weak, all we did was to make an application applying in all categories mentioning partner, parent of child, private life. Basically begging for mercy, we begged for mercy and God said yes.[/quote]

Finally some good news and to crown it all, a huge testimony at that. God bless you. Congratulations MissA do enjoy this God granted freedom.[/quote]

Yes Dapsonlee! It is sweet music to the ear to hear that someone on the forum has finally received that fantastic bit of news. Big congrats to Miss A and Turbo A. I'm so happy for you. Stay blessed![/quote]

Nilemarques can I leave you with this positive saying, "it may be your time but not your turn, it may be your turn but may not yet be your time but when it's your turn and your time, The Lord will pull you from the backseat to the very front. It is your turn and your time my friend. The Lord paved the way so fear not cos once you set your foot in the building, believe it that you have been favored. I never stopped praying for you.[/quote]

@Dapsonlee. Thanks for those encouraging and inspirational words.
@Thisyear, Alhaqq, Verbina. Thanks guys for the encouragement.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Congrats Miss & Mr Turbo A - very encouraging testimony wishing you a happy life. Congrats to all those that have been granted too but i have failed to mention!

Nilemarques, Rina (i punched the air on your news), Al Haqq keep soldiering guys at least you are moving in the right direction! miss smiley Keisha where are you? Verbina, dapsonlee, kukuwife, summer2013, hope you are doing well. Hi five to all those that i haven't mentioned it's not intentional but my thoughts are with you all....Life in the back benches is a tad boring but keeping tabs on the Forum. Keep the faith my brothers and sisters!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Goodness&Mercy
Newly Registered

Post by Goodness&Mercy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:13 pm

@MissA&TurboA
Wow! Your victory is a miracle and this can only be God.I rejoice with you and your family,congratulations,congratulations and congratulations.May the good Lord who did this miracle turn the story of many on this forum around also as he has done yours in the name of Jesus.
Congratulations again and enjoy your new freedom.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 pm

[quote="nilemarques"]Hi everyone,

Nilemarques you are getting very close to your leave to remain and by God's grace HO will back down in your favour
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:25 pm

@verbina thanks for remembering us in your prayers.

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:06 am

Al Haqq wrote:@verbina thanks for remembering us in your prayers.

My friend

If we apply for Discretionary leave.. how much time it takes ..to get result..

and in case they refuse and give appeal how much time it takes to come the case on board... from application..

please guide me..

as i am planning for discretionary leave ..as i just need 7 months to complete my 10 years legal stay..and just want to kill the time.. and then differ my application for 10 years long stay..

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi Miss A, a big congratulations to you and your family,

Will you please give me some advice, my situation is similar to your partners. I Have 18 months to show for living together and an 8 Months old baby, both my partner and baby are british and am an overstayer. Did you use a lawyer? am planning to make my own case as i cant afford lawyer fees. How much paper work did you put together? did you write letters to HO?
THANKS
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:52 pm

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY JR is officially filed.......
@ Al Haqq and Nilemarques thanks a lot and you nearly there I truly believe that as it is a done deal. Trust in him like you always say.. :D
@ This Year thanks and either way if they refuse you then get your case heard with the appeal so gives you a better chance.
@ Verbina Thanks dear and please tell me you have had your trip!!!!!! It is so nice to see you back here checking in on us.
@Believe2013 thanks and literally pictured that punch hehehe..
@Miss A Wow what a testimony indeed. I wish you TurboA and your family a great future so enjoy it please.

May the Lord continue to cover us with his grace as we continue this on going battle. Let's all continue to trust and have faith in him that whatever has planned for us will be ours. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello...Hello...eerbady

First all,congratulations to those who have been granted a stay and please enjoy every minute of your freedom!

@MissA&Turbo...Congratulations and may you enjoy the freedom.

@Ikeron....How long did it take you to get response from the tribunal for your JR?

@Rina....Congrats...I thank God for supplying your needs and granting you legal aid.He's worthy of our praises and all the best with your JR.

@Nile...thanks for the link and at least got the response.I pray for God's favour upon your life.The amoebas must give us space and let the tribunal do their job whilst being swamped with copy&paste responses!

Have a good weekend and God bless!

@Verbs...thanks for checking on us and hope you're enjoying yourself.
@Believe....Hiya...*WAVES*...I'm here and will make sure to log in frequently....*wink*

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 pm

thamsinkumar wrote:

My friend

and in case they refuse and give appeal how much time it takes to come the case on board... from application..

please guide me..

as i am planning for discretionary leave ..as i just need 7 months to complete my 10 years legal stay..and just want to kill the time.. and then differ my application for 10 years long stay..
Hello@thamsinkumar
I am not sure how long it takes, but it seems that the UKVI is responding quicker than they used to. I will like to suggest that you put in the application first so that you are in time. Then you can cross the other hurdles when you get there. Good luck.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Hello forum!!!! How you doing? Big big congratulation who got a stay and who got refused wish you all the best in your appeal, JR, will defintley get a stay one day. Fight Fight Fight!!!!!!!!!!! until the end. One good news guys one of my friends friend got a stay today. They been here 14 years, both are illegal. They applied 7 years rule and refused. In November their child got a british citizen (child born and lived in uk for 10 years category). They applied again flr(fp)in mid December 2013 and now today both partners got a 2.5 years stay. Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Friend I just need 7 months to finish my 10 years..

and if i put my discretionary leave.. and in case they issue me leave.. does then am I able to apply for ILR on the base of 10 years long time residence once i finish my 10 years after 7 months ?

please guide me ..

Al Haqq wrote:
thamsinkumar wrote:

My friend

please guide me..

Hello@thamsinkumar
I am not sure how long it takes, but it seems that the UKVI is responding quicker than they used to. I will like to suggest that you put in the application first so that you are in time. Then you can cross the other hurdles when you get there. Good luck.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:11 am

thamsinkumar wrote:

My friend

please guide me..

Which visa do you have at the moment? if you can extend this visa any how first try this? don't jump if you have a option. If you don't have a choice then something is better than nothing, you have to apply this, whatever happened? nowadays people saying flr application deciding within the 3 months time. Even if your application is refused you have a right of appeal might be it cover 7 months, you never now. Good luck.

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:11 am

thanks

I have PSW Visa

and is the application on private life is same as discretionary leave or its different ?

and even if in case they give me discretionary leave, will it count towards 10 years ? as some one said that discretionary leave dosent count towards 10 years and you have to start again

and friend in case if i get refusal and then i get appeal then in how many months does the case come on the board

please guide me

Shondra Sharma wrote:
thamsinkumar wrote:

My friend

please guide me..

Which visa do you have at the moment? if you can extend this visa any how first try this? don't jump if you have a option. If you don't have a choice then something is better than nothing, you have to apply this, whatever happened? nowadays people saying flr application deciding within the 3 months time. Even if your application is refused you have a right of appeal might be it cover 7 months, you never now. Good luck.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:43 am

thamsinkumar wrote:thanks

I have PSW Visa

and is the application on private life is same as discretionary leave or its different ?

and even if in case they give me discretionary leave, will it count towards 10 years ? as some one said that discretionary leave dosent count towards 10 years and you have to start again

and friend in case if i get refusal and then i get appeal then in how many months does the case come on the board

please guide me

Hello sir,

It will be of my opinion to extend your PSW visa rather than switching to cover up for 10 years.

Once you switch your visa category you lose the category you are currently on, meaning, once you submit an application for FLR(O), you lose your PSW status which makes you lose the 10 years in other words a new clock starts ticking on the FLR application.

Private life does not mean discretional leave. Discretional leave is basically used on application made outside the rules mostly for overstayers (people with no status or whose visas ran out by no fault of theirs or people with exceptional circumstances) and through this, discretion is used to decide the case if the rules are met. So since you said you have a visa, this route might not be applicable to you and could be money poured down the drain. (Speak to an experienced solicitor).

Mr Shondra is very correct to tell to try extend your current visa cos once you switch to FLR you will not be able to switch or apply for the 10 year route again.