ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Salaam All

After the stupid actions of 1 individual who is hell bent on deleting the tracking records, I have put all months spreadsheets under 1 link. Each month is under a tab on the spreadsheet so all can view.

Please can you PM me any updates and I will update the spreadsheet every night as it is password protected.

Every sheet from June is there, however unfortunately i do not have the August spreadsheet as this has been deleted. Does anyone have a copy of it so I can add it?

Please feel free to comment if you feel this is the best way ahead?

Spreadsheet link for all months is below

https://spreadsheets3.google.com/ccc?ke ... u-0I#gid=4

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:49 pm

[quote="Shadow86"]Imran, it's probably best to wait another week, as the time given from Thursday may not be sufficient enough for them.

If not another week then at least another few days until Friday?

Btw, why are your quotes broken up? It's so hard to differentiate your response from the quote you are quoting :?[/quote]

i dont know why my quotes never works !!!!!!! i click the quote button and then the white box appears and i type in - it just doesnt appear to work

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:52 pm

imranh wrote:i dont know why my quotes never works !!!!!!! i click the quote button and then the white box appears and i type in - it just doesnt appear to work
This is my first quote on this forum I think so let me see how it works for me :P.

Maybe u unchecked the "Disable BBCode in this post" just under the white text box?

Nice one there minty, that spreadsheet looks fantastic! Way to go :)

Edit: Yep, Imran, quote works for me :). Try my above suggestion regarding BBCode.

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks minty for taking the time to sort the spreadsheets.

Please could you add a column to the November sheet called "sponsor contact". Then plz add 22/11/10 in this column for me. Thanks

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
imranh wrote:i dont know why my quotes never works !!!!!!! i click the quote button and then the white box appears and i type in - it just doesnt appear to work
This is my first quote on this forum I think so let me see how it works for me :P.

Maybe u unchecked the "Disable BBCode in this post" just under the white text box?

Nice one there minty, that spreadsheet looks fantastic! Way to go :)

Edit: Yep, Imran, quote works for me :). Try my above suggestion regarding BBCode.
ahh well maybe ou are right.nice one!!!!!! lol

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Aaaaaah no more "decrypting" for me and the other fellow members, niceeeeeee :D.

Glad to have seen your quotes finally working Imran.

To add to your solution, go in "Profile" to edit your profile.

Scroll to the bottom under Preferences you'll find "Always allow BBCode". Just make sure that is set to Yes, if it is set to no then set it as Yes and click on Submit.

That way you won't ever have to worry about the BBCode being unchecked or checked as it'll automatically be unchecked whenever you're quoting someone.

On another note, out of curiosity, is it a possibility that checks could be made on certain job hunting sites to identify profiles of sponsors and to see if their cv job matches that of in the application?

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:20 pm

There are no records for the August users as someone deleted them

Please can August applicants provide there details so I can update the spreadsheet

Thanks

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Aaaaaah no more "decrypting" for me and the other fellow members, niceeeeeee :D.

Glad to have seen your quotes finally working Imran.

To add to your solution, go in "Profile" to edit your profile.

Scroll to the bottom under Preferences you'll find "Always allow BBCode". Just make sure that is set to Yes, if it is set to no then set it as Yes and click on Submit.

That way you won't ever have to worry about the BBCode being unchecked or checked as it'll automatically be unchecked whenever you're quoting someone.

On another note, out of curiosity, is it a possibility that checks could be made on certain job hunting sites to identify profiles of sponsors and to see if their cv job matches that of in the application?
lol i shal do that . in terms of checks on job hunting sites to checks jobs :lol: no they very unlikely they do that all they do is double check with your employer if they contact them. i dont think they have time on job hunting sites

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Salaam nice to see all months are being protected, thanks Minty for taking your time and putting everything together.

Why have BHC gone quiet as of last week, has anyone recieved any updates?

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 pm

August Spreadsheet has also been added as a tab on the master spreadsheet on the link below

riz_ras

Employer contact

Post by riz_ras » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:44 am

Salaam everyone

Just got in to work this morning and found out that BHC in Islamabad had rung my manager and spoke to him. He answered all the questions alhamdullilah. Looks like they are dealing with applications in Islamabad and a lot quicker. They wanted to speak to me, but I just missed them, which i am a bit gutted about.

Minty please could u update the spreadsheet with employer contact on 24/11/10.

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:46 am

ali2102 wrote:Salaam nice to see all months are being protected, thanks Minty for taking your time and putting everything together.

Why have BHC gone quiet as of last week, has anyone recieved any updates?
Good Job Minty! Thank you!
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

minty

Re: Employer contact

Post by minty » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:50 am

riz_ras wrote:Salaam everyone

Just got in to work this morning and found out that BHC in Islamabad had rung my manager and spoke to him. He answered all the questions alhamdullilah. Looks like they are dealing with applications in Islamabad and a lot quicker. They wanted to speak to me, but I just missed them, which i am a bit gutted about.

Looks like its good news for the post 25th october applicants :D

I will update InshaAllah tonight

riz_ras

Re: Employer contact

Post by riz_ras » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 pm

minty wrote:
riz_ras wrote:Salaam everyone

Looks like its good news for the post 25th october applicants :D

I will update InshaAllah tonight
Thanks so much. I really hope so, I know lots of people have been waiting for months to hear anything and I pray Allah makes it easy for you. But I would ask everyone to please make dua that my wife gets her visa.

From the forum its seems like a week after employer contact the passport is ready for collection, is this right?

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Sammad wrote:
sadz wrote:Hmm So has your cousin got any progress with their visa? What's your progress @ the moment? (@ Sammad)
My progress is the application is being processed, now I personally know of at least 4 folks who have given applications in after 25th October and got a response 3 granted and one rejected, due to public recourse. And the 3 which have been granted told me visa was issued by Islamabad BHC. Seems like the Islamabad team are very fast at processing applications, some time wasting it done by gerrys, and fedex of who ever they use to deliver the applications.
Whether they're fast or not I'm not sure. I just think they dont have any backlog to deal with, so they can actually meet the deadlines they keeping promising. I was looking at the UK visas website over the last few months and they were saying they dealt with 80-90% of settlement applications within 15-20 working days (!) which was a load of rubbish. I cant understand how can say that. Recently it has become a little bit more realistic, but still very misleading. Ive never heard of anyone getting there visa within 2 working days. And how can they possibly give one person in 2 days and another in 120 days???

That flu has been going around for a while now, literally everyone i know has had it (or has it now). im sure ur employer will deal with matters if they get in touch.

minty

Post by minty » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:20 pm

For those who have signatures still referring to old link spreadhseet, please can you change it now to the below one to save any confusion

https://spreadsheets3.google.com/ccc?ke ... u-0I#gid=4

sadz
Newly Registered

Post by sadz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:00 pm

My supervisor at work got his visa in 4 hours!!! He was working in Dubai and the day he went to hand in his papers, they could him back after 4hours and they granted him the visa. Now he is in London. But this was in 2004 i think!!

No progress with mine yet, its going to be 10weeks on friday.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:01 pm

hey guys can sum1 help me here

my husbands visa gt refused. i have done the appeal

i woz wondering if his visa gets overturned inshallah i hope it will....will he have to do the english test thing they have gt out nw?

plz sum 1 help

sadz
Newly Registered

Post by sadz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Heyy the spreadsheet looks well good! Can you update my submission place? My husband submitted it in Islamabad. Thanks :)

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Riz, lucky you yaar.

So that means you're almost at the end of the waiting line. Inshallah you'll get 'ready for collection' status really soon, like within the next 2 weeks i'd say or even maybe within the next week or next week itself :).

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:39 pm

salams all

i did not have the patience to wait till next week to email UK Visa authorities so I emailed them today to ask about my case and they replied a decision has been made on 23/11/2010 and Gerrys will contact my wife in the next few weeks to pick up her passport.

If they decided yesterday when will Gerrys contact my wife to pick up her passport??

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Mr imranh please can you tell me the email address on which you got the reply on the same day

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Damned Gerry's. Their laziness tarnishes the reputation of BHC and other parties involved who are not lazy.

If decision was made yesterday then Gerry's should contact your wife today at least. What is this "next few weeks" nonsense? Like waiting 3 months isn't enough they wanna throw unnecessary "weeks" at ya :roll:.

Btw, good luck Imran in your wife's application. May Allah grant her the visa, ameen.

Btw your 12 weeks was up this past Monday (22 Nov) right?

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Riz, lucky you yaar.

So that means you're almost at the end of the waiting line. Inshallah you'll get 'ready for collection' status really soon, like within the next 2 weeks i'd say or even maybe within the next week or next week itself :).
I know, I was fully expecting to be waiting at least until January.

As for where the blame lies for the long delays, I would have to put that firmly at the door of the BHC, they are the ones who take 12-24 weeks to process something which others can do in hours.

I think they might stamp it on a Monday, but I doubt that they send it to Gerry's for at least a few days, which leads to the extra week. My experience with Gerry's and everything I have heard about them has been positive. After all they manage to forward all the applications to BHC on receipt, the same day, so I dont see why they wouldnt let people know when the application was received on the same day or next day.

If you look at the reports prepared by John Vine the independent inspector of the UKBA, you will see what a mess they are in and how they are targeting Pakistanis in particular.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... inspector/

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Fair enough but one of the applicants here had to wait a couple of weeks just for Gerry's to get off their seats and give them a call.

That is what is most disturbing about Gerry's.

Btw they said to wait for Gerry's to give you a call, can you not like go there anyways to pick it up? :P I mean if it's with them right now then why wait a few weeks to pick it up? (If of course it's not with them then that's a different story).