ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by limey10 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:53 pm

ntuleimat wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:16 pm
Hi, To Set (M) colleagues here, has there been any progress for the Aug and Sep applications?
Nothing for me either. Applied August 26th, no contact from UKVI, no delay emails like others have reported. Someone did get a result for their application late September, but apparently this is acceptable and we are encouraged to say nothing and just wait.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:02 pm

limey10 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:53 pm
ntuleimat wrote:
Hi, To Set (M) colleagues here, has there been any progress for the Aug and Sep applications?
Nothing for me either. Applied August 26th, no contact from UKVI, no delay emails like others have reported. Someone did get a result for their application late September, but apparently this is acceptable and we are encouraged to say nothing and just wait.
To me, your decision sounds imminent as you are about to hit 6 months waiting in a few weeks
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Elk11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elk11 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:46 pm

ntuleimat wrote:
I applied on 13/9/2020 and haven’t heard anything yet. :?

nathybes

Post by nathybes » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:53 pm
nathybes wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:52 pm
NEED HELP.

We have biometric appointment tomorrow. Applying for SET (O) Tier 2 + husband and kid.

Do We need to take the orignal marriage certificate?

I am desperate because I cannot find it
No need.
Thank you! It was pretty simple.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 am

Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning.

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:17 am

My fellow SET M & SET LR friends, so we still don’t have an explanation as to why our applications are taking far longer than SET O despite paying the same amount?

HO should be ashamed and frankly speaking, someone there should be losing their job, no priority service and you have to be locked down in the country for months waiting for a decision, it’s pure madness. Where am I going to start? I have lived legally in the UK for over 10yrs, paid a fortune as an undergraduate international student, moved to Tier 2 and later to Spouse. Couple of years on Tier 2 wasted, reset after FLM, now over 5yrs on FLM, 2 kids and wife - All British. As I high earner, I have paid a handsome amount in income taxes over the years not to mention the number of visas I have bought as I went along, including the fraudulent health surcharge (double payment as we contribute through NI). In my current job (New), I have been avoiding overseas offshore trips (more money) because of this stupid ILR decision. I am done, escalating tomorrow through MP

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bearbearwing212 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:25 am

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:17 am
My fellow SET M & SET LR friends, so we still don’t have an explanation as to why our applications are taking far longer than SET O despite paying the same amount?

HO should be ashamed and frankly speaking, someone there should be losing their job, no priority service and you have to be locked down in the country for months waiting for a decision, it’s pure madness. Where am I going to start? I have lived legally in the UK for over 10yrs, paid a fortune as an undergraduate international student, moved to Tier 2 and later to Spouse. Couple of years on Tier 2 wasted, reset after FLM, now over 5yrs on FLM, 2 kids and wife - All British. As I high earner, I have paid a handsome amount in income taxes over the years not to mention the number of visas I have bought as I went along, including the fraudulent health surcharge (double payment as we contribute through NI). In my current job (New), I have been avoiding overseas offshore trips (more money) because of this stupid ILR decision. I am done, escalating tomorrow through MP
I am considering to do the same. I am wondering if anyone else want to do similar with their MP. so more MP aware of the situation and raise it with HO

Elk11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elk11 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:04 am

Same as you here - living in the UK for 10 years now. From student -> Tier 2 -> FLM spouse and have a job now, paying taxes and the healthcare surcharge. Don’t understand why we are being treated so differently compared to set(o)! :?

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:06 am

Same here, I'm considering escalating to my MP this week based on some of the discussions I've had here. I've also decided to actively stop myself from clicking on the SET-O timeline thread as it tends to leave me with an elevated heart rate for the rest of the day. :?

JeffWebb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JeffWebb » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 am

srd1982 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:52 pm
ntuleimat wrote:
Not for me - I applied for Set M on 5/09/2020..... have had no updates!!
Hi, my wife's Set M application was submitted on 4/09/2020 with biometrics submitted a week later via the IDV app. So far no response. It is a time for patience and focussing on the breath, a meditation technique, to try to stay calm during this challenging wait.

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bearbearwing212 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:58 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:06 am

Same here, I'm considering escalating to my MP this week based on some of the discussions I've had here. I've also decided to actively stop myself from clicking on the SET-O timeline thread as it tends to leave me with an elevated heart rate for the rest of the day. :?

may be we should get more people to write to their MP and hope we can get some attention. so they know that is not just one or two inpatient application, but there are many out there. a little bit like the recent Gamestop incident

grizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grizza » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:25 pm

is it possible to have another separate timeline thread for set(m) instead of keeping it joined with set(o)? checking it has become quite depressing with all the set(o) approvals.

Zah2012
Newly Registered

Post by Zah2012 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:11 pm

I applied on 31st August setM
Myself and 3 children
Biometrics 11 September
Just one email of payment confirmation and thats about it
Still waiting .......

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:26 pm

Zah2012 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:11 pm
I applied on 31st August setM
Myself and 3 children
Biometrics 11 September
Just one email of payment confirmation and thats about it
Still waiting .......
Shocking.

Hopefully not too long for you as you are approaching the 6 month mark.

I just wished they show some consistency. Ok, they said decision within 6 months at the time of application, but you can't have some people getting decisions within couple of weeks whilst some are waiting 5/6 months. Where is the fairness?

Personally, I also think it's crazy to expect people not to be able to travel out of the country for 6 months because of a visa application.

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bearbearwing212 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:31 am

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2:. Other than MPs,Do you know anyone else we can raise the issue with?
Thx

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 am

bearbearwing212 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:31 am

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2:. Other than MPs,Do you know anyone else we can raise the issue with?
Thx
Hi, unfortunately I don’t. I have seen a few people here successful by escalating through MP. I believe if there’s enough complaint from SET M applicants through MP’s to HO, they can look into this. Having said that, there’s a reason for the delays on SET M & LR and only HO know, I just think it’s not fair.

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bearbearwing212 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:21 pm

I m hoping that more voice can catch people attention to move the process quicker

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:10 pm

I'm also in this position over Set (M), being the partner of an applicant who applied Sep 2nd so we are over 5 months now, and nothing from HO. We will probably wait a bit before going down the MP escalation route, but I too am baffled as to why Set (O) and (LR) processes in 2-3 months typically. The silver lining, if that is what it is, is that Covid/border closures have made it difficult/risky to leave the country anyway. The process is certainly teaching patience

All the best to everyone still awaiting decisions

Nev

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:59 pm

nevsito wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:10 pm
I'm also in this position over Set (M), being the partner of an applicant who applied Sep 2nd so we are over 5 months now, and nothing from HO. We will probably wait a bit before going down the MP escalation route, but I too am baffled as to why Set (O) and (LR) processes in 2-3 months typically. The silver lining, if that is what it is, is that Covid/border closures have made it difficult/risky to leave the country anyway. The process is certainly teaching patience

All the best to everyone still awaiting decisions

Nev
If only SET LR was taking as long as SET O :)

current LR is comparable to SET M at 4+ months

ntuleimat
Newly Registered

Post by ntuleimat » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Finally, my wife's Set M is now approved today. Applied on 17th of Aug and biometrics submitted on 7th of Sep via IDV. I hope all receive it soon.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:22 pm

ntuleimat wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:01 pm
Finally, my wife's Set M is now approved today. Applied on 17th of Aug and biometrics submitted on 7th of Sep via IDV. I hope all receive it soon.
Congrats ntuleimat.
I also saw another August applicant's SET(M) approved today. Appears HO are keen not to prolong cases atleast beyond 6 months
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

JeffWebb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JeffWebb » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 pm

ntuleimat wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:01 pm
Great news. Congratulations!

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bearbearwing212 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 am
bearbearwing212 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:31 am

Thx
Hi, unfortunately I don’t. I have seen a few people here successful by escalating through MP. I believe if there’s enough complaint from SET M applicants through MP’s to HO, they can look into this. Having said that, there’s a reason for the delays on SET M & LR and only HO know, I just think it’s not fair.
hi

I have post a tweet address to Home Office and PRiti to request them to at least re-open the super priority services at the same time highlight the Set M & set LR is taking much longer time to process... please like or retweet the tweet.. hope it will get some traction and some action

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:33 am

Finally... after a long wait (15 days short of 6 months) my wife's SET(M) has been approved. Applied 19/08/20, decision received 04/02/21. Hang in there all those who have applied.

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:01 am

sean2606 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:33 am
Finally... after a long wait (15 days short of 6 months) my wife's SET(M) has been approved. Applied 19/08/20, decision received 04/02/21. Hang in there all those who have applied.
Congrats sean2602! Hopefully my wife's is not too far behind now, (Sep 2nd application). Am seeing a trend smoewhat for Set (M) approvals taking 5 & 1/2 months