ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dawhizzy
Newly Registered

Post by Dawhizzy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 pm

xshayaanx wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah, who is the best of Planners, who has been with me at each step of my life. I got my passports today with a letter.

They tried to deliver both Bio Metric cards and passports on 14th Nov. I have rescheduled DX delivery for tomorrow.

Everything came right on time for me, where I was going through new job interview and the Recruiter was pending me for not having passports etc! he is getting anxious that i didnt have right to work etc etc (no matter how many million times I quoted the immigration rules!).

My advice to everyone (solely based on my experience) keep it simple. Dont need too many documents for ST(LR). I just sent passports, Life in UK and copies of passports. The more easy you make it for the case worker quicker it will get processed.

Lastly, Thank you all in the brilliant brilliant Forum to have kept each other motivated.
Congratulations to both xshayaanx and crocodile. I applied on the 12th of July and did my bio on the 29th July (same day as xshayaanx). Hopefully my time is nearby. There could be a delay because I sent quite a few extra documents (e.g. bank statements, uni certificates etc) and forgot to include photocopies. So, new applicants should take note - keep it simple!

Anyway, I will update you all as soon as I hear from the UKBA. Best of luck to all others waiting :D

Lalla
Newly Registered

Post by Lalla » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:29 pm

xshayaanx wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah, who is the best of Planners, who has been with me at each step of my life. I got my passports today with a letter.

They tried to deliver both Bio Metric cards and passports on 14th Nov. I have rescheduled DX delivery for tomorrow.

Everything came right on time for me, where I was going through new job interview and the Recruiter was pending me for not having passports etc! he is getting anxious that i didnt have right to work etc etc (no matter how many million times I quoted the immigration rules!).

My advice to everyone (solely based on my experience) keep it simple. Dont need too many documents for ST(LR). I just sent passports, Life in UK and copies of passports. The more easy you make it for the case worker quicker it will get processed.

Lastly, Thank you all in the brilliant brilliant Forum to have kept each other motivated.
CONGRATS

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

Post by Ibthisam » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Congratulations xshayaanx, crocodile and Best of luck Dawhizzy.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Congrat.
But this application is only 10 year ILR?
crocodile wrote:Thanks for the support I have received from the members for my Tier-1 Visa and finally the ILR long residency

APPLICATION SEND - 3/07/2013
BIOMETRIC DONE - 22/07/2013
Indefinite approval letter - 13/11/13
Passport & Documents - 13/11/13
BRP-waiting

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Can the author of spreadsheet please change the date format so it displays date which everyone can understand!

eg. "23 Dec 2013" is much more readable than "12/23/2013" as you are not wondering if someone screwed up their date as they entered or just using american format!

just my 2 cents...

great work by the way

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:35 pm

There should have been a 'Like' Button to like the post! Great point!
arsenal49 wrote:Can the author of spreadsheet please change the date format so it displays date which everyone can understand!

eg. "23 Dec 2013" is much more readable than "12/23/2013" as you are not wondering if someone screwed up their date as they entered or just using american format!

just my 2 cents...

great work by the way
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

maphubs
Newly Registered

speculation

Post by maphubs » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:49 pm

This is speculation. You can say UKBA might have started processing mid July application!
esmsi wrote:Now UKBA is doing mid July 2013 applicants

esmsi

Re: speculation

Post by esmsi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Agreed
maphubs wrote:This is speculation. You can say UKBA might have started processing mid July application!

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Many congrates from my core of heart.

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Thankyou and all the best to you
khizarm wrote:Many congrates from my core of heart.

Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

joe jee
Newly Registered

Post by joe jee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:56 am

xshayaanx wrote:this is not speculation, although everyone knows the process is based on individual circumstances and depending on the case worker.

We were just trying predict the pattern (statistically) just to motivate people, who are in this Dark wait. As far as I had estimated, it works most of the times if you have a straight forward case.

It was merely a thought provoking exercise. Also, calling HO worked for me, I cant say for sure it worked with everyone. Both instances, I have had very polite people on the phone who gave me the right information, may be it was my timing that my case had been decided when i called them. Although, I was CAUTIONED in CAPS letter not to call HO until SIX MONTHS!
maphubs wrote:Those who speculate the home office application processing pattern (July processing week etc etc.) please stop doing so as it confuses the people and force them to ring Home Office from where you can't get any good answer.
joe jee wrote:
xshayaanx wrote:
I would recommend calling UKBA
I ring HO and they said my application still outstanding .and you will get result within six month. :( :( :(
I know its all specutation and most of them are on the spot.IS some body in this furm got Ilr in few day ago send application before 5/72013.I want to speculate something they are dealing july application but most of application are straightfoward.If any file is not straight foward then where are they?????????????

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi All,

If my application for ILR gets refused am i allowed to apply for work sponsord visa? my status before applying for ILR was non married partner of EEA?

Thanks,

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:43 pm

as the July ILR LR applications are being dealt with i am getting anxious although trying hard not to be, as i sent mine on 26 July.

The reason for my worry is the IN10 conviction i have (or had) in October 2008 for which i received 6 points and £200 fines. When i submitted the application i didn't have any understanding/knowledge of criminality threshold and how it would impact me.

now the conviction has been spent (in October 2013) i am not sure whether CW would have taken in to account the date of application or the day he/she processed my application ?

has anyone else out there had similar case to mine, could you kindly share the outcome... i am really worried about it now...

maphubs
Newly Registered

Post by maphubs » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:52 pm

huqqapani wrote:as the July ILR LR applications are being dealt with i am getting anxious although trying hard not to be, as i sent mine on 26 July.

The reason for my worry is the IN10 conviction i have (or had) in October 2008 for which i received 6 points and £200 fines. When i submitted the application i didn't have any understanding/knowledge of criminality threshold and how it would impact me.

now the conviction has been spent (in October 2013) i am not sure whether CW would have taken in to account the date of application or the day he/she processed my application ?

has anyone else out there had similar case to mine, could you kindly share the outcome... i am really worried about it now...
To be honest with you I am not the best person to give advice on this issue as I had/have no conviction issue or anything related whatsoever. However, I understand that this matter is something to do applicant character and his in country life throughout last 10 years where case worker has to make judgement by creating an overall picture of your in country achievements or life vs any conviction that whether you are suitable/unsuitable for granting Indefinite leave to remain in UK. Please don't take my word as it is and if I am in your situation I would rather discuss this issue with competent Immigration solicitor.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Above web link (document) might help you establishing how case worker might deal with your application.

Good luck!

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Hope for the best for you. Search old post on this fourm
huqqapani wrote:as the July ILR LR applications are being dealt with i am getting anxious although trying hard not to be, as i sent mine on 26 July.

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Dont forget we have one person AmjadLeeds who sent his application in October 2012. So you look at general trend. So, it also depends on the CW. Mind you the parliamentary committee was very furius at UKBA for lying and giving them wrong stats. UKBA, no doubt, is trying to get its act together. I remember I started following this group back in April and until July-Aug they were still dealing with last year's October applications. So a moment of hope they have improved alot.
joe jee wrote:
xshayaanx wrote:this is not speculation, although everyone knows the process is based on individual circumstances and depending on the case worker.

We were just trying predict the pattern (statistically) just to motivate people, who are in this Dark wait. As far as I had estimated, it works most of the times if you have a straight forward case.

It was merely a thought provoking exercise. Also, calling HO worked for me, I cant say for sure it worked with everyone. Both instances, I have had very polite people on the phone who gave me the right information, may be it was my timing that my case had been decided when i called them. Although, I was CAUTIONED in CAPS letter not to call HO until SIX MONTHS!
maphubs wrote:Those who speculate the home office application processing pattern (July processing week etc etc.) please stop doing so as it confuses the people and force them to ring Home Office from where you can't get any good answer.
joe jee wrote:
I ring HO and they said my application still outstanding .and you will get result within six month. :( :( :(
I know its all specutation and most of them are on the spot.IS some body in this furm got Ilr in few day ago send application before 5/72013.I want to speculate something they are dealing july application but most of application are straightfoward.If any file is not straight foward then where are they?????????????
Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:15 pm

maphubs

thanks, I already read the attached doc after i had sent the application. The only hope is that CW exercise discretion as nothing else in my 10 year history which would go against me.

wishing everyone waiting for ILRs best of luck...

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:27 pm

maphubs wrote:This is speculation. You can say UKBA might have started processing mid July application!
there have been several calls made (by applicants) to UKBA and it was told that they are processing July applications... i have also checked another immigration forum which on which several applicants have confirmed the same...

lets all hope for the best...

maphubs
Newly Registered

Post by maphubs » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:42 pm

huqqapani wrote:
there have been several calls made (by applicants) to UKBA and it was told that they are processing July applications... i have also checked another immigration forum which on which several applicants have confirmed the same...

It is very important that individual member experience or call should be share by themselves like couple of applicants recently already shared on the forum their HO call enquiry experience. Guessing randomly that HO is processing "mid july" application is of course speculation which this gentleman has already accepted.

Also if you checked another forum post then please provide web link and share with us as this helps to everyone on this forum.

Best wishes!

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:10 am

Month----------Applicant ------- Completed
July ------ 14 ---- 4
August -----24 ------- 1
Sept ----- 15 -------- 0

Many applicant in August

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:17 pm

maphubs wrote:
huqqapani wrote:

It is very important that individual member experience or call should be share by themselves like couple of applicants recently already shared on the forum their HO call enquiry experience. Guessing randomly that HO is processing "mid july" application is of course speculation which this gentleman has already accepted.

Also if you checked another forum post then please provide web link and share with us as this helps to everyone on this forum.

Best wishes!
so the fact that 2 applicants have confirmed on this forum, i still need to confirm by forwarding the links etc. to make some people believe... OK,,, well...

folks, lets discuss something more important....

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:21 pm

We are not guessing, we "know" HO is processing July applicants.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 789#945789
xshayaanx wrote:Just called HO today and they advised they are processing July's applications right now. So People , keep faith wait is almost over! They have actually smoothen up alot of backlog!
Another way we know what cases are being processed is by looking at SkyDrive. For example, most of cases in June have been dealt with and half of cases in July are done.

Individual cases may vary but if you look back to earlier cases, or even cases from last year. There is a trend that most cases from the same month get done the same month etc.

PS: People calling HO before the 6 months have passed would rarely get anything in reply.

maphubs
Newly Registered

Post by maphubs » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:26 pm

huqqapani wrote:
maphubs wrote:
huqqapani wrote:

Best wishes!
so the fact that 2 applicants have confirmed on this forum, i still need to confirm by forwarding the links etc. to make some people believe... OK,,, well...

folks, lets discuss something more important....
Thi is reason I said "like couple of applicants recently already shared on the forum their HO call enquiry experience!"

Now lets focus our discussion to something important!!

master_student

Post by master_student » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Hello guys,

I finally got my ILR this week. My case was not straightforward, I have been outside the UK from more than 750 days and a long absence was 182 days (including days of travel). I have 8 years student visa and 2 years PSW for your reference with no gaps. I have talked about my experience here.

My time line is:

APPLICATION SEND - 12/06/2013
BIOMETRIC DONE - 26/06/2013
Passport & Documents - 15/11/13
BRP- 15/11/13

please guys add it to Sky-drive and kindly attach the link of my experience, I think is important that people with broken residence to know that is possible to get their ILR approved .

Thank you all for your contributions and good luck for those who are waiting for the approval.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Congrate and Updated

master_student wrote:Hello guys,

I finally got my ILR this week. My case was not straightforward, I have been outside the UK from more than 750 days and a long absence was 182 days (including days of travel). I have 8 years student visa and 2 years PSW for your reference with no gaps. I have talked about my experience here.

My time line is:

APPLICATION SEND - 12/06/2013
BIOMETRIC DONE - 26/06/2013
Passport & Documents - 15/11/13
BRP- 15/11/13

please guys add it to Sky-drive and kindly attach the link of my experience, I think is important that people with broken residence to know that is possible to get their ILR approved .

Thank you all for your contributions and good luck for those who are waiting for the approval.