ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:21 am

They are really making a big mistake by refusing people with British children are they nuts , expecting people to leave their kids and go just like that ! ,all this for 2,5 years visa that's you have to renew for the next 10 years of you life ,and go through all this shit again and again and not allowed to claim a penny . that's no right , and they so call it civilised country ! no country in Europe treated people like that .

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 am

justice12 wrote:They are really making a big mistake by refusing people with British children are they nuts , expecting people to leave their kids and go just like that ! ,all this for 2,5 years visa that's you have to renew for the next 10 years of you life ,and go through all this shit again and again and not allowed to claim a penny . that's no right , and they so call it civilised country ! no country in Europe treated people like that .
Jistice, Ireland Dublin is worst than UK... UK is more better i believe
Ale001

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 04, 2013 10:22 am

well, I sure hope it was a mistake because my application is for a similar if not same reason! Family life, I have a Brit partner who I've been with almost 4 years and my British daughter who is 2 1/2 yrs old. :( I provided everything from passport photocopies (my daughters and partners), birth certificates, support letters from family, photos, letters, emails, cards to proof of cohabitation since we moved in together (council tax, utility bills, surgery letters, hospital, doctors appointments) !! I am very nervous now, they just don't care about anyone do they! :(

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 am

justice12 wrote:
Yes my solicitor did everything , I submitted every possible documents u can think of . I'm shocked and upset , it don't make sense to me at all .[/quote]

why lie you go for judicial review with another solicitor if you can , as clearly you lawyer done you big time by applying for right to access to British child while you still with your girl friend . and the HO find out that's you still with your girl and not keen to be married in the future . that's what I think they refuse you .[/quote]

Is that true, Why lie? did you apply for "access a British child"? or 8L?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat May 04, 2013 11:15 am

@Why...Don't give up the fight and like cookie mentined,get a second opinion as ur case sound very strong.U been here for 10yrs and hv a British partner and child.This is seriously amiss and totally utter rubbish with the reason they've given.Fight till all avenues are exhausted....they allow rapists and nurderers to stay here but geniune caring people have to be refused.Write to ur MP and try to google organisation that help with legal aid...the last one will be to take the media route and expose their shroudy decisions!!

Cookie...Don't let them scare you doll and pray that all goes well!These £6.50 decisions must just come to an end,which really questions are they realy doing their job properly.

Its really sad to hear such decisions....*sighs*.Lord have mercy on us!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 04, 2013 11:20 am

Keisha wrote:@Why...Don't give up the fight and like cookie mentined,get a second opinion as ur case sound very strong.U been here for 10yrs and hv a British partner and child.This is seriously amiss and totally utter rubbish with the reason they've given.Fight till all avenues are exhausted....they allow rapists and nurderers to stay here but geniune caring people have to be refused.Write to ur MP and try to google organisation that help with legal aid...the last one will be to take the media route and expose their shroudy decisions!!

Cookie...Don't let them scare you doll and pray that all goes well!These £6.50 decisions must just come to an end,which really questions are they realy doing their job properly.

Its really sad to hear such decisions....*sighs*.Lord have mercy on us!!
You're right Keisha, let's hope for the best, what are you applying for? what's your timeline? :)

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat May 04, 2013 11:30 am

@Cookie....article 8 private life and family.Even forgot how my timeline goes...lol.I applied in August 2012 and only did my bios in Feb 2013 and anxiously waiting for decision.I pray all goes well as some of the decision taken so far,don't sit well with me.But,God is definitely fighting for me!
:D

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 pm

My girlfriend supported my application the best way she could by writing on my behalf how I am helpful in bringing up my daughter for the past 6 years . But they still have the cheek to refuse me saying I don't do enough in her upbringing , so who else will they believe ?

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Why lie wrote:My girlfriend supported my application the best way she could by writing on my behalf how I am helpful in bringing up my daughter for the past 6 years . But they still have the cheek to refuse me saying I don't do enough in her upbringing , so who else will they believe ?
What section on the flro form did you apply under? Right to access a british child? or "other" 8L?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat May 04, 2013 12:43 pm

@Why.....that reason is utterly atrocious.I don't think the case-worker knew what they were doing honestly.So,all they want is to separate u from ur daughter and bring emotional instability owards your daughter's welfare.These people are joking and how dare they say that...it really upsets me when I think about their decision.Don't let them get away with this Why coz your family needs you!!

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Sat May 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Keisha wrote:@Why.....that reason is utterly atrocious.I don't think the case-worker knew what they were doing honestly.So,all they want is to separate u from ur daughter and bring emotional instability owards your daughter's welfare.These people are joking and how dare they say that...it really upsets me when I think about their decision.Don't let them get away with this Why coz your family needs you!!
I live with her , she has 2 other children I call my own , including my daughter , we provided photos of all of us . I couldn't prove I live with them cos I'm not in the system , i been here 10 yrs only 6 months legal ,I don't have nothing in my name , no bank account no nothing , so I couldn't prove on the that grounds that I live with them , maybe that's why I was refused , what do u guys think ?

SICOV
Newly Registered

Post by SICOV » Sat May 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Why lie wrote:My girlfriend supported my application the best way she could by writing on my behalf how I am helpful in bringing up my daughter for the past 6 years . But they still have the cheek to refuse me saying I don't do enough in her upbringing , so who else will they believe ?
this doesnt make any sense at all,you've got a kid, and spouse lived here for that long no criminal record and you still got refused, your caseworker is bnp mate, this goes to show how your case can end up in the wrong hands if unlucky,i know people in worst situations and still got granted.
i've seen a lot of refusals on this thread but this one in particular has got me sick to my stomach, i'm not gonna get my hopes up anymore.
be strong brother

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat May 04, 2013 1:18 pm

@Why....so just because you're not on the system,they think ur making all this up about living with them....gosh.They are ruthless hey and so they don't want to burge that you've a child and partner in this country....*shakeshead*...so ruthless.Well,ask ur solicitor about the next available option and hear what he says....keep pushing until all your options are exhausted!This isn't fair at all....*sighs*.May the Good Lord see you through this ordeal!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Why lie wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Why.....that reason is utterly atrocious.I don't think the case-worker knew what they were doing honestly.So,all they want is to separate u from ur daughter and bring emotional instability owards your daughter's welfare.These people are joking and how dare they say that...it really upsets me when I think about their decision.Don't let them get away with this Why coz your family needs you!!
I live with her , she has 2 other children I call my own , including my daughter , we provided photos of all of us . I couldn't prove I live with them cos I'm not in the system , i been here 10 yrs only 6 months legal ,I don't have nothing in my name , no bank account no nothing , so I couldn't prove on the that grounds that I live with them , maybe that's why I was refused , what do u guys think ?
That's probably it, my solicitor made me collect all joint bills (utility, council tax, random receipts from deliveries, and joint tenancy agreements!) all with my name on it. That's all he wanted. Is there any way you can get docs like that stating that you do live with them? a letter from the landlord (if your house is rented) or delivery receipts that can prove you live there?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Why lie wrote:
Came on man you lived in this country long enough to know how to manage to get prove of cohabitation, is not that hard , you can register on the tesco online and they will send you hundred letter on your name !!
you could't prove that's you lived with your daughter and girl friend that's why you have been refused
and they asked for the prove of cohabitation and you didn't provide it .

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat May 04, 2013 1:42 pm

@Justice...if he knew that the decision was gonna be based on that,he could have done that.Besides,te solicitor was supposed to have advised him with hat regard,so saying what you just said, won't help and he just needs to hear positiveness from us instead of pointing out,the what not!

@Cookie...plz do keep us posted how yours turns out.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 04, 2013 1:49 pm

justice12 wrote:
Why lie wrote:
Came on man you lived in this country long enough to know how to manage to get prove of cohabitation, is not that hard , you can register on the tesco online and they will send you hundred letter on your name !!
you could't prove that's you lived with your daughter and girl friend that's why you have been refused
and they asked for the prove of cohabitation and you didn't provide it .

That's true... I think that's the most important part of the application, I'm surprised your solicitor didn't say so. :?

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Keisha wrote:@Justice...if he knew that the decision was gonna be based on that,he could have done that.Besides,te solicitor was supposed to have advised him with hat regard,so saying what you just said, won't help and he just needs to hear positiveness from us instead of pointing out,the what not!

@Cookie...plz do keep us posted how yours turns out.
Keisha is right! (and I will indeed keep you guys posted) Why lie: you need to start looking for random post that has your name on it, either be tescos or anything else like brochures, or anything! you can still win this, that's all you need! How about contacting your MP for advice!

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:07 pm

so I couldn't prove on the that grounds that I live with them , maybe that's why I was refused , what do u guys think ?[/quote]

The OP is asking for an opinion on what ground he was refused and I am trying hard to find out why he was refused , my be some people in this forum learn from it .I am giving him idea what he should do next by privet message
so don't misunderstand me !!![/quote]

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:46 pm

justice12 wrote:so I couldn't prove on the that grounds that I live with them , maybe that's why I was refused , what do u guys think ?
The OP is asking for an opinion on what ground he was refused and I am trying hard to find out why he was refused , my be some people in this forum learn from it .I am giving him idea what he should do next by privet message
so don't misunderstand me !!![/quote][/quote]

If he met the EX.1 criteria, he clearly failed to prove it. This catastrophic failure largely resulted in his application's refusal.

I sympathise with you, but any caseworker would have refused the application. To them, you have no subsisting relationship and parental responsibility with your child, if you did, you did not prove it by providing evidence. He who assert must prove!

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Prince74 wrote:
justice12 wrote:so I couldn't prove on the that grounds that I live with them , maybe that's why I was refused , what do u guys think ?
so don't misunderstand me !!!
[/quote]

If he met the EX.1 criteria, he clearly failed to prove it. This catastrophic failure largely resulted in his application's refusal.

I sympathise with you, but any caseworker would have refused the application. To them, you have no subsisting relationship and parental responsibility with your child, if you did, you did not prove it by providing evidence. He who assert must prove![/quote]

Exactly ,I remember the HO give him a dead line to provide all the document by the 18 of April and his solicitor did't tell him about that till the 16th of April becoz he was on holiday , so clearly the guy he didn't have enough time to provide all this in 2 days , and I think he send them on the 19 of April , so it's was his solicitor's fault !

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Sat May 04, 2013 4:17 pm

I had like less than 48 hours to provide them , I added all the letters written to me from my local mp , which had my name on it . Wasn't that enough ?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Why lie wrote:I had like less than 48 hours to provide them , I added all the letters written to me from my local mp , which had my name on it . Wasn't that enough ?
Utility bills are conclusive proof of cohabitation, things like: gas/electric bills, council tax statements, bank statements, store card statement, tv licence, etc.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Sat May 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Why lie wrote:I had like less than 48 hours to provide them , I added all the letters written to me from my local mp , which had my name on it . Wasn't that enough ?
This is a clean article 8 case man, I still can't figure out what went wrong, but next time when u apply again state a major role u play in the child's life like for instance doing the school run and looking at him/her at home daily, while your wife's out working, with that they'll know the child will suffer without u so they will grant u to keep u safeguarding the child. They are interested in such situations.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Sat May 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Fayvritt wrote:
This is a clean article 8 case man, I still can't figure out what went wrong, but next time when u apply again state a major role u play in the child's life like for instance doing the school run and looking at him/her at home daily, while your wife's out working, with that they'll know the child will suffer without u so they will grant u to keep u safeguarding the child. They are interested in such situations.
Looking after***