ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

agganesh
Newly Registered

Post by agganesh » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:38 pm

andreiru wrote:It took 6 months for me to get a reply to my naturalisation application.
Thanks for your reply Andreiru. I will wait for another month and then contact HO.

Anyone who has/had problem with days of absence?

champion

Post by champion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:53 pm

agganesh wrote:
andreiru wrote:It took 6 months for me to get a reply to my naturalisation application.
Thanks for your reply Andreiru. I will wait for another month and then contact HO.

how long she was away? I think there is a guideline that
generally
upto 480 +x ignore the absence
upto 480 + x +y refer to senior
over 480 + x +y reject

however not always
even if ur wife's case rejected she can apply as spouse or BC

upto some number they simply accept
and the aft

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:44 pm

FYI,

Check out link below regarding the impending Postal Strike for this coming Friday...

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutu ... /royalmail

It shouldn't affect anyone waiting for a reply from the BIA? I posted my passport application to Liverpool yesterday via special delivery (received today by them). Hopefully in a few weeks time, there'll be no strike, and I'll get my maroon passport delivered.

Cheers

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:07 pm

SK1 wrote:FYI,

Check out link below regarding the impending Postal Strike for this coming Friday...

It shouldn't affect anyone waiting for a reply from the BIA? I posted my passport application to Liverpool yesterday via special delivery (received today by them). Hopefully in a few weeks time, there'll be no strike, and I'll get my maroon passport delivered.

Cheers

SK1
Thanks but additional 1 day delay over 3-4 months wont make much difference. Considering the scenario recently that the letter was posted 1 week later then when it is printed.
From our (applicant's point of view) we always send thru special class. so 1 day wont be really matter for us.

To be honest I think in UK people give too much importance to small issue
May be because they don't have much happening in small country and they talk much about outside world.

(SK1 I apericiate that you have pointed this out in forum to help everyone and my comment is not on you but in general for example there was too much talk in my office while most of our communication happens through courier)

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:54 pm

champion wrote:
SK1 wrote:FYI,

Cheers

SK1
Thanks but additional 1 day delay over 3-4 months wont make much difference. Considering the scenario recently that the letter was posted 1 week later then when it is printed.
From our (applicant's point of view) we always send thru special class. so 1 day wont be really matter for us.

To be honest I think in UK people give too much importance to small issue
May be because they don't have much happening in small country and they talk much about outside world.

(SK1 I apericiate that you have pointed this out in forum to help everyone and my comment is not on you but in general for example there was too much talk in my office while most of our communication happens through courier)
I agree with you. It's like the obsession with the daily weather or properties....

SK1

DRSAK
Newly Registered

Post by DRSAK » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Update

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 04 APRIL 07
Date received at BIA: 05 ARPIL 07
CRITERIA - 10 yr long stay + 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 14 MAY 07
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 22 MAY 07
Date of receipt of approval: 11 JUNE 07, dated 30 MAY 07
Date of Ceremony: 13 JUNE 2007
Date of appln. for passport: 13 JUNE 2007
Method used: Check and Send service at Post Office
Date of Receipt: 27 JUNE 2007

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:45 pm

DRSAK wrote:Update

DRSAK, Congrats on the new passport. So how does it feel to finally have it?

Enjoy it!

SK1

DRSAK
Newly Registered

Post by DRSAK » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:15 pm

Thanks SK1. It feels great to have the passport. I also hope Champion gets his certificate soon. People like you and Champion contribute a lot in this forum and this really helps when you are waiting for your approval.
SK1 wrote:
DRSAK wrote:Update

DRSAK, Congrats on the new passport. So how does it feel to finally have it?

Enjoy it!

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 pm

DRSAK wrote:Thanks SK1. It feels great to have the passport. I also hope Champion gets his certificate soon. People like you and Champion contribute a lot in this forum and this really helps when you are waiting for your approval.
Thanks for your wishes Wish u all the best in life.
Yes as you said it will be great to hear from people. I know we don't have to add anything and everyone busy but great to hear from people .
Thanks again for ur wishes

SK1

Post by SK1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:38 pm

champion wrote:
DRSAK wrote:Thanks SK1. It feels great to have the passport. I also hope Champion gets his certificate soon. People like you and Champion contribute a lot in this forum and this really helps when you are waiting for your approval.
Thanks for your wishes Wish u all the best in life.
Yes as you said it will be great to hear from people. I know we don't have to add anything and everyone busy but great to hear from people .
Thanks again for ur wishes
Thanks for the kind words, DRSAK. I guess we all just help each other along, as it makes the waiting more bearable when you can share the experiences with others.

There loads of people who've helped us as well and I sincerely wish everybody still waiting the best and the one's with the certificates and passports all the best for the future.

Champion, the wait will seem like nothing once you get the letter of approval from BIA. We with you all the way, mate.

Cheers

SK1

SK1

Post by SK1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:47 pm

Application Update:

Postal or NCS: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting : 20 Feb 07 (received by HO on 21/02/07)
CRITERIA - 3 yr stay (spouse of BC)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 26 February 2007
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 26 February 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 09 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 05 May 2007 (HO letter dated 03/05/07)
Date of Ceremony: 20 June 2007 (originally booked for 06 June 2007)
Date of appln. for passport ? 25 June 2007 (posted); 26 June 2007 (received)
Method used ? 3 Week Service (no rush)

Date of Receipt? Awaiting

agganesh
Newly Registered

Post by agganesh » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:42 pm

champion wrote:
agganesh wrote:

how long she was away? I think there is a guideline that
generally
upto 480 +x ignore the absence
upto 480 + x +y refer to senior
over 480 + x +y reject

however not always
even if ur wife's case rejected she can apply as spouse or BC

upto some number they simply accept
and the aft
Hi Champion,

Sorry I don't understand. What are those x and y parameters?

My wife was absent for 502 days.

Thanks for you response.

talktome

Hi

Post by talktome » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:28 am

Hi there,
I am thinking of applying for my citizenship too with a small glitch.

I am meeting all requirements except that I have been out of the country for 470 days in the last 5 yrs.

I have been out mostly due to work and can support the same with letters from the company I work for,
do you think HO will consider the app and if so what are the chances of success.
Is it better to wait for 6 mths ?
Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks

champion

Re: Hi

Post by champion » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:32 am

talktome wrote:Hi there,
I am thinking of applying for my citizenship too with a small glitch.

I am meeting all requirements except that I have been out of the country for 470 days in the last 5 yrs.

I have been out mostly due to work and can support the same with letters from the company I work for,
do you think HO will consider the app and if so what are the chances of success.
Is it better to wait for 6 mths ?
Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks
Please read the guidence and it is mentioned that for X number of days absence HO ignore the absence and if it exceed more than certain number HO will reject the app.
Ganesh X and Y are 2 numbers but I dont remember. I am sure I saw this on guidence or BIa website. let me know if you dont find this info I will try to dig out for you but unfortunately it will be afyer Wednesday only

ravindra.tummuru
Newly Registered

Post by ravindra.tummuru » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:09 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS Bracknell
Date of submission or posting: 12 June 2007
CRITERIA - 4 years WP + 1 year ILR
Date of payment debit card: 14 June 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 19 June 2007
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:52 am

Talktome

I successfully applied and received my nationality with excess absences. All my absences were due to company business. If you would let me know your absences I may be able to guide you some more. As a rule of thumb, if your absences are more than 900 days, you have no chance. Between 800 and 900 your chances are extremely slim. Below that you may have a chance. Please note before that these figures are not from any official manual, just what I have learned with experience.

Hope it helps

talktome

Post by talktome » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi jazbaati99,
In the last 5 years I have been absent for about 460 days , am exceeding the limit by 10 days. Half of the absences have been due to work and I could get co letters to mention that.
I did notice that HO disregard absences of upto 480 days but not sure how this works

Thanks

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:27 pm

Talktome

I would suggest that you go ahead and submit your application without delay. Do send your company letter along with your application explaining your absences. I am sure you would be fine.

Best of luck
Rgds

talktome

Post by talktome » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:29 pm

jazbaati99,
How sure are you this would work? I mean if theres risk then I can wait for 6 mths more and apply as I should be well within my 450 day limit then.i.e. Unless I dont travel again:-)

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:49 am

[quote="UKArgie"]Update:

If NCS: Brighton Registry Office
Date of submission or posting: 8th May 2007
CRITERIA - EU Passsport, excersisng Treaty rights, 5 years + 1 Year ILR (According to new rules asfrom 30 April 2006)
Date of receipt of Documents at HO: 09/05/2007
Date of debit: 29/05/2007
Date of letter of acknowledgement: 29/05/2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02/06/2007
Date of Approval: 15th June 2007
Date of receipt of approval: 21st June 2007
Date of receipt Ceremony Invitation:21st June 2007
Date of Ceremony: 18th July 2007
Date of appln. for passport: 18th July 2007

Sorry for the delay, I juts came back from 10 days Holiday in Germany.

:D :D

SK1

Post by SK1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:18 am

UKArgie wrote:
UKArgie wrote:Update:

CRITERIA - EU Passsport, excersisng Treaty rights, 5 years + 1 Year ILR (According to new rules asfrom 30 April 2006)

Hope you had a fab holiday. Welcome back.

Quick question UKArgie (sorry if you have posted the info before): What nationality are you? And will you be keeping it when receiving British Citizenship?

From the dates above, I take you will still have your ceremony (18/07/07) and then apply for your passport on the same day?

Cheers

SK1

SK1

Post by SK1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 am

tatenda wrote: I was rather shocked with the turnover time for the passport. My young sister applied two days after me, and her passport has just arrived today. Glad didnot have to attend a interview.

For those who are waiting, be patient and best of luck.
Congrats and thanks for the wishes.

It's almost been a week since I applied for my passport. Nothing yet. I just hope I don't get called for an interview either. That'll just push things out further.

How do they send back the passports and stuff. Normal mail or Recorded Mail?

Cheers

SK1

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:11 pm

SK1 wrote:Hope you had a fab holiday. Welcome back.

Quick question UKArgie (sorry if you have posted the info before): What nationality are you? And will you be keeping it when receiving British Citizenship?

From the dates above, I take you will still have your ceremony (18/07/07) and then apply for your passport on the same day?

Cheers

SK1
Holiday? Yeah right, have you ever been 10 days shopping with your Mum in Cologne and Heidelberg? That was a torture! :roll:

I have Italian and Argetninean Citizenships and passports and I am keeping them. As a native born Argentinean I can't never renounce to it, between Italy and Argentina there is a Dual-Nationality Agreement and Italy doesn't mind and the UK neither. :lol:

I applied based on my Italian Citizsenship I never use my Argentinean passport not even to travel to Argentina, I always enter Argentina as a foreigner, less hassle!

Not in a hurry to apply for the passpoert may do a couple of days after the ceremony. :wink:

shire19
Newly Registered

Post by shire19 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:24 pm

UKArgie wrote:
UKArgie wrote:Update:

Congratulations! I send mine on the 9th of may and got the same dates of acknowledgment but still no approval... I hope nothing went wrong..

SK1

Post by SK1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:33 pm

UKArgie wrote: Holiday? Yeah right, have you ever been 10 days shopping with your Mum in Cologne and Heidelberg? That was a torture! :roll:
Ouch, that must have been tough man. I feel your pain.
UKArgie wrote: I have Italian and Argetninean Citizenships and passports and I am keeping them. As a native born Argentinean I can't never renounce to it, between Italy and Argentina there is a Dual-Nationality Agreement and Italy doesn't mind and the UK neither. :lol:
It'll be three soon. Which EU one would you end up using most frequently for travelling?
UKArgie wrote: I applied based on my Italian Citizsenship I never use my Argentinean passport not even to travel to Argentina, I always enter Argentina as a foreigner, less hassle!
I'll have to use my South African passport to enter and leave South Africa every time I travel there. As a dual citizen, I cannot enter SA with a foreign passport. It's a long story (SA Government Ruling). I'll use my British passport for travel everywhere else.
UKArgie wrote: Not in a hurry to apply for the passpoert may do a couple of days after the ceremony. :wink:
I'd apply and get it over and done with, as I read a post earlier about someone who applied recently and now have to send proof (letter from Employer, Bank, Dentist, Landlord, etc.) of 3 years residency or something to the IPS before they process their application. I'm not clear on the reasons for the request, but with the interviewing also being phased in as the year goes on, I wouldn't wait too long...

FYI, I applied a week ago and hope that it'll get sorted without any delay or hassle.

Cheers

SK1