ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naba

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by naba » Wed May 07, 2014 8:32 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:Its been a while since I came onto this sight...congrats to all that have been granted....@spring2014, naba, fineboy....and good luck to all those that are waiting.

@naba...what sorts of questions were you asked during your hearing?
Thanks CrystalNewbie. I was not asked anything new out of my application, same information they just verified such as why I want to stay, what I do, my connection with back home etc. Don't worry as they are very friendly and supportive. Good luck!

@ Thank you Spring 2014.

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri May 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello @all, I hope all is well.

@naba. Wll done you! A very big congratulations to you and your family :D You deserve it.
To a those that have been granted congrats and well done.

Bad news guys :cry: I went to my Solicitors office unannounced as I wanted to talk about my upcoming hearing and was informed that my hearing for this month have been cancelled. I was told that my JR was withdrawn as that is the only condition that the HO agreed to give my case a full reconsideration. WTF. I was in court and that was not how it went down at all :(
I almost had a heart attack when I was told. I was in shock as I was never informed about this and it made me very angry :x I made it very clear when the JR application was made that I didn't want my JR withdrawn except if I'm granted a stay with all my cost paid or I'm given a right of appeal or a deportation order.
Why don't solicitors listern to their client?
Why can't they do as their client ask instead of doing as they want?
I'm very upset and its been a couple of days and its still makes me very mad.
Right now I have notting at court or the HO and I'm frightened that I might get picked up one day while out and about and I have no money to make any other application and I can't wait for deportation order as it might take years before I get one.

So its with this that I called my local immigration team and informed them that my application have been refused and that I was asked to contact them.
They asked me if I was calling to arange my departure from the UK and I said no and had to explain that I came with all my family member and they are all ILR holders and British Citizens except for my case which is yet to be resolved.
They took my name and address and the lady said to me " so you are not leaving the UK" and I replied "yes, that is correct as I have no family member in my country of birth to return to as they are all settled here".
I was asked to come to Eaton house 581 staines road hounslow tw4 5dl next week where my case can be given further consideration by a case worker.

I'm hoping that I will be given a deportaion order if I go there next week.
What is the worst that can happen if I go there?
Do you guys think that I should go or not?

Please share your opinion and thanks for reading. Stay blessed.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 pm

elastep wrote:Hello @all, I hope all is well.

@naba. Wll done you! A very big congratulations to you and your family :D You deserve it.

Bad news guys :cry: I went to my Solicitors office unannounced as I wanted to talk about my upcoming hearing and was informed that my hearing for this month have been cancelled. I was told that my JR was withdrawn as that is the only condition that the HO agreed to give my case a full reconsideration. WTF. I was in court and that was not how it went down at all :(
I almost had a heart attack when I was told. I was in shock as I was never informed about this and it made me very angry :x I made it very clear when the JR application was made that I didn't want my JR withdrawn except if I'm granted a stay with all my cost paid or I'm given a right of appeal or a deportation order.
Right now I have notting at court or the HO and I'm frightened that I might get picked up one day while out and about and I have no money to make any other application and I can't wait for deportation order as it might take years before I get one.

So its with this that I called my local immigration team and informed them that my application have been refused and that I was asked to contact them.
They asked me if I was calling to arange my departure from the UK and I said no and had to explain that I came with all my family member and they are all ILR holders and British Citizens except for my case which is yet to be resolved.
They took my name and address and the lady said to me " so you are not leaving the UK" and I replied "yes, that is correct as I have no family member in my country of birth to return to as they are all settled here".
I was asked to come to Eaton house 581 staines road hounslow tw4 5dl next week where my case can be given further consideration by a case worker.

Elastep,

Pls take it easy and pls do try to hold it together. Those solicitors are beasts for no reason at and always are "acting in their own interest".

That eaton detention house gives me goose bumps each time I go there to report. It looks like one of those houses you see in horror movies. I don't believe for a second that invitation is for you to see a caseworker cos even when my case was transferred there and I requested to speak to the caseworker, I was told that is against their policy so it's shocking for them to say they will get a case worker to further look into your case under whose instructions?

My advice is for you to get your existing solicitor involved for "just in case" activity. Please do not act on your own accord in going there.

I want to believe there are others who can tell me I am wrong and perhaps offer a better solution. My prayers are with you elastep. It's not over yet.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Sorry to hear this elastep, i dont even have words for it, but stay strong, hope the the case worker reviews your case in your favour dear. I cant advise as i dont know much about that situation.
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:41 pm

@Elastep,

This is a very shocking news. It's only God that can deliver us from these solicitors.
The first solicitor I was using b4 went to mess up my case by writing up different stories that never existed such as rape et imagine.

I wouldn't advice u to go for that appointment as it can be a trap to detain u.

I would advice u to contact this immigration barrister he's called Paul turner, he's very good I read his blog every time n most of his applications and JR are coming back with positive answer. Email him first to narrate ur story to him and he will tell u whether u have a good case or not whether there are merit to ur case.

If I may ask when did you come to this country n were u under age when u came, and what ve u been doing since u came eg educational background or r u working. Those r vital things too and what type of family do u ve here. Eg parents, siblings, aunties etc and how long ve u been here.

Also peer and co are also good solicitors as I watch their programme on TV too

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri May 09, 2014 6:58 pm

@elastep sorry for that what your solicitor done? Keep in faith, home office reconsider in your favour, Pray for god. God bless.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri May 09, 2014 7:05 pm

My solicitor e-mail me today, he got a letter from home office and saying they will not reconsider my application. I sent my reconsideration request on sept 2013 after my 7 year child application was refused. Now my circumstances are changed, we further sent two letters on 5th feb 2014 (enclosed my child british citizenship certificate and urge home office consider our stay, because our child got a british citizenship)and 11th april 2014. My solicitor only say come and see me on Monday. What is the next step? Please advise.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 pm

So sorry to hear what happen. Keep the faith and don't give up. Hopefully the amoeba in HO will come to their senses very soon and fully reconsider your case.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:My solicitor e-mail me today, he got a letter from home office and saying they will not reconsider my application. I sent my reconsideration request on sept 2013 after my 7 year child application was refused. Now my circumstances are changed, we further sent two letters on 5th feb 2014 (enclosed my child british citizenship certificate and urge home office consider our stay, because our child got a british citizenship)and 11th april 2014. My solicitor only say come and see me on Monday. What is the next step? Please advise.
I think this is the time for new application.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri May 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:My solicitor e-mail me today, he got a letter from home office and saying they will not reconsider my application. I sent my reconsideration request on sept 2013 after my 7 year child application was refused. Now my circumstances are changed, we further sent two letters on 5th feb 2014 (enclosed my child british citizenship certificate and urge home office consider our stay, because our child got a british citizenship)and 11th april 2014. My solicitor only say come and see me on Monday. What is the next step? Please advise.
I think this is the time for new application.
I second this too. And you will hear from them sooner too.

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rockefeller » Fri May 09, 2014 9:35 pm

@ Elastep please take it easy on yourself. I trust all shall be well. As the saying goes delay is not denial and I believe your time would surely come. From what I understand from your post HO have agreed to reconsider your case if you withdraw and I'm glad to say I have seen lots of people being granted after have been asked to withdraw. As concerning attending the reporting centre I'm not comfortable with the idea as it will only complicate the matter. Immigration decisions aren't made there so I can see them offering all those things you were expecting from them.
Relax and reflect and I can see you thanking God for your solicitor's supposedly foolish decision soon.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Hun I am so sorry but like the rest said hope the homeoffice will reconsider and grant you and sorry cant be of any help.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat May 10, 2014 2:08 am

Hi elastep,
I am so sorry to read of your current situation and the irresponsible way your lawyers have behaved.
Did you give them a written instruction? If you did, it is worth pursuing the case.
However, I feel really sorry for you and angry at such people who do not care about other people's life.
There will be a way for you.
Take heart

winners

Post by winners » Sat May 10, 2014 11:53 am

@ Elastep

Sorry about your situation

If I may ask do you signed any consent letter that agreed you agreed to withdrawn your JR or is it possible that your solicitor signed the consent letter on your behalf?
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Sat May 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Guru's and regular users:
I have got a few questions giving me sleepless nights:

1.If you have a child born in the UK,and has turned 7 years,--The mother and father have no status in the UK.
What status will this child be getting,if one applied to HO ?? is it a British passport or just ILR ??
2.If the parents are to benefit from this 7 year rule,is the application made jiontly or do you have to apply for the child first,then the parents come later ??
3.Time scale---how long will application take ?? normal 6 months ?
4.I will assume this 7 year child only has a birth certificate---is that the only required for this application ??

Response, can be from anyone with this information !!
I will once again thank,this forum for the magnificent work it does-----You were always there for me,during tough times.

Thanx

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat May 10, 2014 1:39 pm

kadd wrote:Hi Guru's and regular users:

1.If you have a child born in the UK,and has turned 7 years,--The mother and father have no status in the UK.
What status will this child be getting,if one applied to HO ?? is it a British passport or just ILR ??
2.If the parents are to benefit from this 7 year rule,is the application made jiontly or do you have to apply for the child first,then the parents come later ??
4.I will assume this 7 year child only has a birth certificate---is that the only required for this application ??

I will once again thank,this forum for the magnificent work it does-----You were always there for me,during tough times.

Thanx
Hi Kadd and a hearty welcome to the forum. The answer you seek can only be sought by someone who is updated with the rules but there is one gentleman in here named "Shondra Sharma" with exactly your situation who was denied last year but recently his reconsideration was also refused even though his son just got his British passport. To answer your question in accordance to what I know (still need to verify properly),

1. Your child is entitled to a British passport regardless of both parents immigration status. So I believe you can go ahead to apply for the child.

2. I believe to be on the safe side, apply for your child's passport first and then you can then pursue getting a stay for both parents. Now this is tricky and will need a solicitor's advice. Just because the child has a passport home office could deny if both parents applied together (I might be wrong) but majority of those who took this route last year were all denied. Maybe the rules have now changed so please do read the guidelines on FLR(FP) properly and ask for a professional opinion.

3. Applications since home office rebranded last year march have seen a good time scale with responses on decisions less than 6 months.

4. I will not settle for just a birth certificate sir. I am sure you want to make a case stronger. The caseworkers always request for the child's British passport so it's best you get one before you do proceed with the application.

I have answered these questions based on applications and results from most application feedbacks. Others who are more knowledgeable as I know them to be will definitely have their own input and be sure to seek solicitors advise to make a concrete final decision.

winners

Post by winners » Sat May 10, 2014 2:04 pm

@Dapsolen

I think the child just turned 7 years old of which I believed the child would not be eligible for British citizen or registration until the child turns 10 years old because the parent are without status

However the child and the parent will be given 2.5 years leave to remain visa if granted on 10 years family life route

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Sat May 10, 2014 2:11 pm

kadd wrote:Hi Guru's and regular users:

Thanx

@Kadd and @Dapsonlee

Welcome to this lovely forum Kadd.

In regards to your question, the child doesn't qualify for a British passport none until the child is 10 that's when he or she automatically qualifies.

The only application u can do is to apply on the 7 years rule but u ve to speak to a qualified and experienced lawyer. If the result comes back as positive, you will be issued with 30 months visa which u will have to renew four times to get an ILR.
I would suggest for the child to apply on his or her own, u ve to apply as a family unit and supply with all necessary document and tell the home office reasons why you can't go back to your home country. The application will definitely take less than 6 months. Good luck

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 pm

winners wrote:@Dapsolen

I think the child just turned 7 years old of which I believed the child would not be eligible for British citizen or registration until the child turns 10 years old because the parent are without status

However the child and the parent will be given 2.5 years leave to remain visa if granted on 10 years family life route
Yes you are right. I knew I was not right somewhere so it's 10 years for child born in the uk and 7 years for child lived in the uk but not born in the uk.

Thank you winners.

winners

Post by winners » Sat May 10, 2014 2:25 pm

@ Shondra sharma

H O would like to want you to re apply on your new circumstances as I think is part of their policy once initial application is considered any other support document or circumstances changes wound not fall for reconsideration on refused application

Try your best to re apply I believe you will be granted, Remember Olapoint 101 around early this year re apply immediately after his initial application refused based on British child and he was granted within 3 months
Last edited by winners on Sat May 10, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Sat May 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Hello everyone. Happy weekend.

Congrats to you Naba, sorry it's coming late. All the best for the future dear.
Elastep,please kindly seek legal advice before you go there. Like everyone has adviced it would be best to seek what a lawyer says about all of this. God be with you dear.

God be with us all . Lots of love to the regulars. Dapsonlee,kukuwife,verbina,Rina,believe 2013,crystal newbie,Keisha.
If I missed out your name, am sorry but I got nothing but love for you :)

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Sat May 10, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Guru's and regular contributors:
There is a situation here,which requires your attention !!
Dad---Got ILR in October 2013
Daughter(born in UK,only 7 months old)---Got British passport,through Dads ILR.
Mum---Still in the dark(Trying to sort things out with HO)---She has lived in the UK for about 11 years now.

1.Can Mum apply as parent of this child under family route ?? Under what specific route ?? is it through the 10 year route or 5 year route---I have found this quite confusing
2.What are the chances----I also here,these days many have got ''stay'' normally 2.5 years but no recourse to any public funds.

Thanks for your advice

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 10, 2014 6:42 pm

kadd wrote:Hi Guru's and regular contributors:
There is a situation here,which requires your attention !!
Dad---Got ILR in October 2013
Daughter(born in UK,only 7 months old)---Got British passport,through Dads ILR.
Mum---Still in the dark(Trying to sort things out with HO)---She has lived in the UK for about 11 years now.

1.Can Mum apply as parent of this child under family route ?? Under what specific route ?? is it through the 10 year route or 5 year route---I have found this quite confusing
2.What are the chances----I also here,these days many have got ''stay'' normally 2.5 years but no recourse to any public funds.

Thanks for your advice
hi
U should use form flr fp form

u can qualify for 10 years partner route Appendix fm. 18600 financial requirement and should live together for at least 2 years .

5 years parent route if u full fill english requirement B1.

10 years parent route.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

naba

Post by naba » Sat May 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Thank you hun. So sorry to hear the situation that you are in. I believe you would be fine, please consult with an experienced lawyer before going there. Stay blessed.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sat May 10, 2014 10:16 pm

rina wrote:Hi everyone,

Please can those who have gone throught the process of JR please assist. I am at the stage where I am waiting to hear from the judge as to whether he thinks I have a case or not. Can anyone please tell me how long you waited to hear from them? Also if I was to be accepted, how long does it take to get to the appeal date? My lawyer has given me estimates too but I rather hear from people on here that have and are going through it.
Thanks in advance people..
@God's authority greetings to you too and everyone. Is there anyone who can answer this please?