ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

es2013
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by es2013 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Hello lovely people, enjoy the sunshine as we wait for good news x :D
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed May 21, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi Peeps,
Hope you're all ok. @Summer, thanks for the shoutout!! Everyone else hang in there and fight for what's right!

A bit of bad news I'm afraid. The justice system seems to have adopted the "kick 'em while they're down" syndrome. I have been the unlucky recipient of a refusal from the JR team. :( .

Reasons are pretty much the 'copy and paste' stuff from the HO refusal letter. No jaw dropping educated reasons.
They stated that the reasons for refusal are that
- HO never submitted an Acknowledgement of service and did not seek for an extension.
- and all the malarkey about that I don't qualify in the immigration rules( no mention of best interests of kids) therefore the HO decision was not u lawful or irrational.
- The HO has no obligation to issue a removals direction at the same time as a refusal(it's been over 8 months since the refusal) and the guidelines do say that 'regard must be paid to those with children' . Wonder if the judge read that bit??

So my next step is to raise £350 for an oral hearing in the next 5 days for the hearing!! That's a massive task task for me. But with God by my side, why should I fear, anything is possible!

Stay blessed

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed May 21, 2014 2:39 pm

@ Nile so sorry to hear this. Still not end the road, you will be fine in oral hearing. This is so hard nowadays, even court support the home office. I also got a another letter yesterday from immigration case unit Manchester saying my all family have no basis of stay, should leave the uk as soon as possible, even they put my british child name, oh my god they want to kick out my british child as well, I couldn't believe this, shocking.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed May 21, 2014 3:13 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]@ Nile so sorry to hear this. Still not end the road, you will be fine in oral hearing. This is so hard nowadays, even court support the home office. I also got a another letter yesterday from immigration case unit Manchester saying my all family have no basis of stay, should leave the uk as soon as possible, even they put my british child name, oh my god they want to kick out my british child as well, I couldn't believe this, shocking.[/quote]

@ Shondra. Wow!!! That is truly shocking! I think fighting it out in the higher courts is the only solution. Did you put in a new application or it was a reconsideration due to new circumstance?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed May 21, 2014 4:15 pm

@nile its a reconsideration.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed May 21, 2014 5:29 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]@nile its a reconsideration.[/quote]

Don't you think you should now put in a new application@Shondra. What have your legal reps said?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Good Evening....
Gosh,what the heck is happening??I'm sorry about that but don't give up that easily after coming this far.May God fight this battle for you and pray all goes well with your hearing next week.These amoebas trying to hard to to surpass the law.Nile,please recap your story again and how long have you been here??

These kinds of temporary setbacks make me nervous,as I've also applied for JR but God will surely fight for me.The devil is a liar.

@Shondra...sorry to hear to about that and pray for turn-around with your situation.May God fight this battle for you.What did your solicitor suggest???Gosh,these amoebas have zero chill!!!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed May 21, 2014 8:40 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi Peeps,
Hope you're all ok. @Summer, thanks for the shoutout!! Everyone else hang in there and fight for what's right!

A bit of bad news I'm afraid. The justice system seems to have adopted the "kick 'em while they're down" syndrome. I have been the unlucky recipient of a refusal from the JR team. :( .

Reasons are pretty much the 'copy and paste' stuff from the HO refusal letter. No jaw dropping educated reasons.
- HO never submitted an Acknowledgement of service and did not seek for an extension.
- and all the malarkey about that I don't qualify in the immigration rules( no mention of best interests of kids) therefore the HO decision was not u lawful or irrational.
- The HO has no obligation to issue a removals direction at the same time as a refusal(it's been over 8 months since the refusal) and the guidelines do say that 'regard must be paid to those with children' . Wonder if the judge read that bit??

So my next step is to raise £350 for an oral hearing in the next 5 days for the hearing!! That's a massive task task for me. But with God by my side, why should I fear, anything is possible!

Stay blessed
So sorry. As you said this is unfortunate but keep your faith God is on your side. I pray that God provide the means to get the finances need to fight and win the case.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed May 21, 2014 9:50 pm

[quote="Kukuwife"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi Peeps,

Stay blessed[/quote]

So sorry. As you said this is unfortunate but keep your faith God is on your side. I pray that God provide the means to get the finances need to fight and win the case.[/quote]

Thanks @ Kukuwife. I'm keeping the faith coz I know God is great and he will pull me out of this mess!

@Keisha. Been here for 12 years. One child been here for 10 years and the other born here and will be turning 10 in a few months time. Am overstayer!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 21, 2014 9:54 pm

I reckon the amoebas were high on benzene if not keresone for refusing you a stay.Thats total madness but I believe God will surely make a way for you. Similar situation but no kids!!May God have mercy on us and please keep us posted on your hearing!!

Have a good sleep and take care...xo

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed May 21, 2014 10:54 pm

[quote="Keisha"]I reckon the amoebas were high on benzene if not keresone for refusing you a stay.Thats total madness but I believe God will surely make a way for you. Similar situation but no kids!!May God have mercy on us and please keep us posted on your hearing!!

Have a good sleep and take care...xo[/quote]

Yeah Keisha, they smoking same stuff Theresa May's been smoking. Whatever that is!!! Lol

Stay blessed

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 21, 2014 11:15 pm

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="Keisha"]I reckon the amoebas were high on benzene if not keresone for refusing you a stay.Thats total madness but I believe God will surely make a way for you. Similar situation but no kids!!May God have mercy on us and please keep us posted on your hearing!!

Have a good sleep and take care...xo[/quote]

Yeah Keisha, they smoking same stuff Theresa May's been smoking. Whatever that is!!! Lol

Stay blessed

Lol...it's sad how they play with people's emotions.However,no weapon formed against you and you're children shall prosper.After reading your post,should confess made me a bit nervous.Read Psalms 121 and pray that all goes well for you.When breakthrough is near,the devil tries to discourage us and I rebuke him in Jesus Mighty Name!

When was your JR submitted??Excuse my FBI tendencies...lol!!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi Peeps,

Stay blessed
Sorry to hear that but like the rest said as yourself keep the faith and keep going. It is insane what I am hearing as your case is pretty CLEAR CUT and you shouldn't be going through this. They really know how to make us sweat especially as broke as they know we are now you need to find the extra money out of thin air. It's a joke... My prayers are sincerely with you and I mean that.
Are they trying to say that if the homeoffice doesn't seek for an extension then its over for an applicant?????/

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi everyone Please help us.
Here is our history.

Me and my daughter are British. My husband is a Pakistani. We had been living in Pakistan until 2 February 2014. My husband is on a visit visa till August. We came to the UK because our daughter has a rare genetic condition; the treatment is very limited in Pakistan. Without the treatment she would die.She has to take medicine thrice in a day for her whole life also need some surgeries .She has been treated under NHS special Dr Team. We moved to the UK only because of our daughter. We qualify for the 'unreasonable for the child to leave UK'. We have applied under FLR FP-Ex1 through a well known solicitor with a good repute. Our weaker side is source of income. My husband cannot work because he is on a visit visa and I cannot work because I have to take care of our daughter. Though we have a saving of about £5000. And a land in Pakistan worth £60,000. My husband is a software engineer and I am doctor though currently do not qualify for practise in the UK. Here in the UK we have rented a house to show that we intend to settle permanently. With our application we have attached an appeal letter describing our situation, utility bills, council tax bill, tenancy agreement, our daughter's nursery registration, and NHS medical record.Also a Dr letter from pakistan stated that treatment is very limited in Pakistan . Can anybody please tell me the chances of winning in a first go without an appeal? How much time would it take approx.People with similar cases or anybody who has known of a similar case, please reply. We are in a very difficult situation.

Thanks in advance

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu May 22, 2014 8:46 am

[quote="rina"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi Peeps,

Stay blessed[/quote]

Sorry to hear that but like the rest said as yourself keep the faith and keep going. It is insane what I am hearing as your case is pretty CLEAR CUT and you shouldn't be going through this. They really know how to make us sweat especially as broke as they know we are now you need to find the extra money out of thin air. It's a joke... My prayers are sincerely with you and I mean that.
Are they trying to say that if the homeoffice doesn't seek for an extension then its over for an applicant?????/[/quote]

@Keisha. I will most certainly read the verse. My faith grows even stronger no matter the many challenges I am facing! I submitted on the 14th of Jan.

@ Rina. It seems that's what the judge was saying. Yet the HO office explicitly said, in a letter they wrote to the court, that they were not going to issue an Acknowledgement of service and also that they were not going to seek another extension after the first extension! Unbelievable!!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 am

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="rina"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi Peeps,

Stay blessed[/quote]

Are they trying to say that if the homeoffice doesn't seek for an extension then its over for an applicant?????/[/quote]

@Keisha. I will most certainly read the verse. My faith grows even stronger no matter the many challenges I am facing! I submitted on the 14th of Jan.

@ Rina. It seems that's what the judge was saying. Yet the HO office explicitly said, in a letter they wrote to the court, that they were not going to issue an Acknowledgement of service and also that they were not going to seek another extension after the first extension! Unbelievable!![/quote]

@Nile...it is well and God is going to step the devil on his head.You're receiving that visa by fire by force in Jesus Name.They may have said no but God will say Yes!!Keep the faith!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 am

Good morning All. Congrats to those that have been granted and commiserations to those that HAVE NOT YET been successful, your time will come and the pain and disappointment shall pass, stay strong. For those of us waiting, please hang on and never give up, its tough but we have to hang in there.

@Nilemarques sorry to learn of such disturbing news I know you will fight till the bitter end plus your faith is well placed. Surely common sense has to prevail. Keep fighting brother.

@shondra disregard the letter the HO sent you and put in a fresh application as soon as you can!

@helpme123 welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your touching story, I am please to know that your daughter is receiving the best care around and I do wish you all. As for your husband he has to apply for FLR(M) as he still has a valid visa but be prepared for a lengthy battle as they are discouraging people from switching visas within the country. Probably better and quicker if he applied from Pakistan. The FLR(FP) is for people without status. Just a personal opinion.

OK Hi-fives to Keisha, Dapsonlee, Summer2013 (thanks for thinking of us) Rina, Kukuwife, elastep, shondra, Verbina, Al Haqq, ESC123, surfsurf, bsmith13, zee ali, daniel97, seneca, god's authority, disciple, naba, 777isanumber, Thisyear. forgive me if I have not mentioned your name.

Keep the fire burning good people!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 22, 2014 10:24 am

@Helpme...Welcome to the forum and pray your daughter gets well.I also agree with Believe.Have you considered having to train as a student Doctor as it might fall under Tier1 or Tier 4.Enquire from the medical association for Doctors and hear what they've to say.

@Believe...*Hi5*...Hope all is well with you and will surely keep the fire burning.I trust in God that He help us!!

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu May 22, 2014 10:56 am

@niles! Oh my days......what do this amoebas want? They must be high on STUPIDITY!!!!

Please don't be discouraged, I pray someone will meet your financial need so you can do the oral hearing. The Lord will go ahead of you and you are always in my prayers.

@believe, thanks we are all keeping the fight going until we get our desired outcome
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Thu May 22, 2014 11:03 am

Dear All,

Thought I'd share my mates time line as well and would appreciate any kind of advise - PLEASE.

Application Sent FLR (o) - 10/03/2014
Acknowledgement from UKBA - 15/03/2014
Biometric Letter - 10/04/2014
Biometric given - 11/04/2014
Home Office requested additional documents - 02/05/2014
Documents sent - 14/05/2014
Application refused - 16/05/2014
Documents Received with NO right of appeal - 21/05/2014 :(

My mate is an illegal entrant since March 2000 (over 14 years), he's been living with his British Wife for over 2 years( collective proof) but both have known each other since 2006. Both are in mid 40's. No kids together, however my mate's wife has 2 kids from previous marriage both over the age of 18. My mate's wife is british since birth and has her own business earning over the threshold £18,600.
They cannot relocate to any other country due to family ties in the UK and also the parents in law of my mate needs care and attention as they are in late (80's). Plus the business- they just can't think of leaving everything behind.

Can you please advise what we could do. totally lost. The Home Office refusal was ever so stupid and honestly I personally believe they will no grounds to stay on if we can manage to get an appeal right.

Please help.

Thanks
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:20 am

@Believe and Kiesha ,thanks for replying.
Actually my husband just came here for our daughter's surgery but after meeting NHS dr we decided it is very dangerous to go back for our daughters life. HO should consider our application under article 8. We have not another way.She is just 18 month old. we cannot let our daughter to die. she needs medicine after every 8 hours .i cannot handle it alone. we have only 4000 pound left.
we dont know what to do:(

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:50 am

Helpme123 I deeply sympathise and hope that your husband will be given a status on compassionate grounds citing Article 8. they can exercise discretion should they choose to but we just don't know how they will meet the application - Definitely worth a try though so all the best to you. Once a upon a time a Visa application was a straight forward thing but now every application is treated with malice and suspicion. if anything the process is convoluted and much more stringent than applying for a job in the MI5 or MI6. We have fellow doctors like yourself on this forum unable to work or feed their families because the HO are dragging their feet about with their applications - Only in Britain does this kind of nonsense happen. Whatever course of action you decide on God speed and my warmest regards to your daughter and I wish her a speedy recovery

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu May 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Ikonkar wrote:Dear All,

Thought I'd share my mates time line as well and would appreciate any kind of advise - PLEASE.

Application Sent FLR (o) - 10/03/2014
Acknowledgement from UKBA - 15/03/2014
Biometric Letter - 10/04/2014
Biometric given - 11/04/2014
Home Office requested additional documents - 02/05/2014
Documents sent - 14/05/2014
Application refused - 16/05/2014
Documents Received with NO right of appeal - 21/05/2014 :(

My mate is an illegal entrant since March 2000 (over 14 years), he's been living with his British Wife for over 2 years( collective proof) but both have known each other since 2006. Both are in mid 40's. No kids together, however my mate's wife has 2 kids from previous marriage both over the age of 18. My mate's wife is british since birth and has her own business earning over the threshold £18,600.
They cannot relocate to any other country due to family ties in the UK and also the parents in law of my mate needs care and attention as they are in late (80's). Plus the business- they just can't think of leaving everything behind.

Can you please advise what we could do. totally lost. The Home Office refusal was ever so stupid and honestly I personally believe they will no grounds to stay on if we can manage to get an appeal right.

Please help.

Thanks
Hi
First of all your friend used wrong form.
It should be flr fp not flr o.

Tell him to apply again and use flr fp form and Exception 1.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:13 pm

thanks @ Believe thanks for encourge .
what do you think how much time take HO will make any decision approx on flr fp. we submitted app on 18th May and HO deduct 601 pound fee on 20th May.
thanks
Last edited by helpme123 on Thu May 22, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Well it looks like the turnaround time for new application is happening within about 6 weeks so fingers crossed for you. Were you advised to put in a application now by solicitors due to the condition of your baby girl? Well an article 8 or article 3(asylum) claim or application can be submitted in at any time of course. The rest tier 1, 2 ,3 etc student's & spousal visa or any extensions must be submitted within 28 days prior to the expiration date of the current visa, Was just curious to know if you were professionally advised to undertake this option?