ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aloha
Newly Registered

Post by Aloha » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Hello folks. Are approval letters sent through registered post? Thanks.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:43 am

Hello folks. Are approval letters sent through registered post? Thanks.
Yes they are.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Fionn wrote:EireIreland: you're totally right..

And..People who are just getting the passport in order to leave the country should be ashamed of theirselves. I hope they will be persued by the DOJ for doing that..But that probably won't happen..Unfortunately not..

It's somehow frustrting to have to wait for natur, but it's even more frustrating when you know that the people whose applications will be processed before yours, are actually not going to stay in the country.
well, i have a different opinion about people got their passport and moved to somewhere else. it is their choice to move on. plus, what if a person got their irish citizenship and moved to live in Germany? is that bad? it is within their right to do so under the EU law. so dont be too harsh on the people who moved on after they already spent the time required to be a citizen in ireland.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Heybabyy wrote:VikingDub worked hard from 10-12.30 on thursday to reply to all your phone calls asking INIS about application status. Even after drinking ample cups of tea/coffee with his colleagues for rest of the afternoon, the tiredness remains. The govt announcement of placing levy on pension for civil servants is cited as another cause for the tiredness and headache. Due to this, he may not be able to fulfil the promise made earlier "I plan to read each carefully and to post a reply to all of the issues raised in the coming days." You may have to wait for 6 months before you hear back. :lol: :lol:
Well lads, lets not gang up on vikingdub. He's entitled to his opinion which he expressed and most of us disagree with but that's no reason to ridicule him or resort to personal insults and sarcasm. If you have a point, make it with reason and explain clearly what you did. With ganging up on him you are making a victim/martyr of him and also sounding like bullies that can't tolerate a different view. If you want to be "Irish" then you have to embrace the concept of democracy and freedom of speech too, you know!

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:12 pm

ashimashi wrote:
Heybabyy wrote:VikingDub worked hard from 10-12.30 on thursday to reply to all your phone calls asking INIS about application status. Even after drinking ample cups of tea/coffee with his colleagues for rest of the afternoon, the tiredness remains. The govt announcement of placing levy on pension for civil servants is cited as another cause for the tiredness and headache. Due to this, he may not be able to fulfil the promise made earlier "I plan to read each carefully and to post a reply to all of the issues raised in the coming days." You may have to wait for 6 months before you hear back. :lol: :lol:
Well lads, lets not gang up on vikingdub. He's entitled to his opinion which he expressed and most of us disagree with but that's no reason to ridicule him or resort to personal insults and sarcasm. If you have a point, make it with reason and explain clearly what you did. With ganging up on him you are making a victim/martyr of him and also sounding like bullies that can't tolerate a different view. If you want to be "Irish" then you have to embrace the concept of democracy and freedom of speech too, you know!
We are not ganging up against him, just putting him in his rightful place! He's entitlement to opinions and freedom of speech does not equate to entitlement to being rude and insensitive. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I am "Irish" before putting him in his rightful place as need be.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:16 pm

I think you are the one that is being rude in fairness. He simply expressed an opinion which I too personally greatly disagree with most parts of it. But yiz ARE ganging up on him by attacking him personally and trying to humiliate him instead of refuting his point with reason and calm. You are only discrediting yourselves by doing so.

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:20 pm

ashimashi wrote:I think you are the one that is being rude in fairness. He simply expressed an opinion which I too personally greatly disagree with most parts of it. But yiz ARE ganging up on him by attacking him personally and trying to humiliate him instead of refuting his point with reason and calm. You are only discrediting yourselves by doing so.
I think you are the one that's very rude by calling me rude. It's really none of your business if we decide to respond to unruly bullyish comments. Besides are you vikingdub using multiple identities? If so, then give up.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm

IrelandHopeful wrote:
ashimashi wrote:I think you are the one that is being rude in fairness. He simply expressed an opinion which I too personally greatly disagree with most parts of it. But yiz ARE ganging up on him by attacking him personally and trying to humiliate him instead of refuting his point with reason and calm. You are only discrediting yourselves by doing so.
I think you are the one that's very rude by calling me rude. It's really none of your business if we decide to respond to unruly bullyish comments. Besides are you vikingdub using multiple identities? If so, then give up.
There's no point arguing with you anymore really, I've made my point clearly and I'm not going to descend to your level...
Have a nice evening, and let's not derail this thread from its original topic.

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:56 pm

ashimashi wrote:
IrelandHopeful wrote:
There's no point arguing with you anymore really, I've made my point clearly and I'm not going to descend to your level...
Have a nice evening, and let's not derail this thread from its original topic.
point of correction, you cannot ascend to my level.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:59 pm

IrelandHopeful and ashimashi,
I tell you both, talk to from the bottom of my heart.

Nanette

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:51 pm

A friend of mine who applied for Naturalization in June 2007 has been asked for additional documents lastweek. The request is from Tipperary.

babar asif
Newly Registered

Minister approval

Post by babar asif » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Hello all,
INIS told me that they have send my appllication to the minister in 1st week of January, Does any body have reiceved letter from INIS after the approval of minister in last 1/2 weeks, I mean the good news ?

ib_dublin

Re: Minister approval

Post by ib_dublin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 am

babar asif wrote:Hello all,
INIS told me that they have send my appllication to the minister in 1st week of January, Does any body have reiceved letter from INIS after the approval of minister in last 1/2 weeks, I mean the good news ?
I was told my application sent on 9th Jan to Minister's approval.
I am also interested if similar case get good news.

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Applied - Aug 2006
Additional info requested - Oct-end 2008
Submitted and received by INIS - Nov 2008
Garda verification 2/12/2008
sent to Minister approval - 9/1/2009
Approval letter received - 26/01/2009
Applied on the basis of 5years working in ireland
:D

Wish you all to have your good news soon

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Congrats ib_dublin... am waiting for garda check :roll: dunknow how long it will take..
Either way have a great time ...

aditya1111
Newly Registered

naturalisation approval

Post by aditya1111 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi Folks
I knew one of my friend she applied naturalisation in june 2007, no other documents were asked or any other kind of problems, she never ring to the department and she got the approval on the 19th jan 2009.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Adi, thats the story with INIS..fairly random it seems... But they say it depends on case to case basis..
So ur friend must be lucky :roll:

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:51 pm

ib_dublin wrote:Applied - Aug 2006

Congrats ib_dublin ! You've joined the ranks of the New 'Oirish' ;)

Perhaps I may have missed a few postings on this forum, but I don't think anyone on this forum has been denied/refused in their citizenship application. Most rejections seem to be in the early stages , where the applicant does not have 60 months legal residence in the state, validated by the relevant GNIB Stamps. All other posts here seem to be either In Process, On Hold(pending more documentation/checks), or Approved. So all hopefuls should be encouraged by that.

Good Luck to yee/youse all

aditya1111
Newly Registered

Post by aditya1111 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:36 pm

With all the results and posts i think there is bit delay or hols in 2005 and 2006 applications otherwise INIS is doing great with 2007 applications and hope all good for every one and wish good luck that every body should be dealt in short period. only if there is prob. with 05 and 06 files is they are still or old office or if they are in tipperary there is little messed up with them any way lets c and hope for the best from DOJ.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Congratulations ib_dublin!

Thank you for your good wishes.

Good luck everyone!

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Congrats ib_dublin. I am nearly same timelines as yourself, although the Garda verification is taking ages in my case. Just wondering if you ever moved county during your stay in the country? I moved and think it may be causing delays.

Also let us know how did your appointments for oath go? Any significant delays there??

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:33 pm

congrats ib_dublin

Finally some good news!! :)

I am also same timeline as you except that I applied in July 2006. I have a similar question about the addresses. On your application on residence period did you have many from - to addresses or was it 1-2.

I suspect the more places you stay at the longer the Garda clearance process. I think I filled in 6 addresses although they all were from within Dublin.

Cheers

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Heybabyy wrote:

Congrats ib_dublin. I am nearly same timelines as yourself, although the Garda verification is taking ages in my case. Just wondering if you ever moved county during your stay in the country? I moved and think it may be causing delays.

Also let us know how did your appointments for oath go? Any significant delays there??
I moved county just before apply to naturalisation... but since then I am in same county (outside dublin)

In last 8years I stayed in 5 different addresses and 3 different counties. I personally don't think this makes any difference with application progress.

I have got appointment with district court for 16th-feb
Last edited by ib_dublin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:18 pm

ib_dublin wrote:
Heybabyy wrote:

I moved county just before apply to naturalisation... but since then I am in same county (outside dublin)

In last 8years I stayed in 5 different addresses and 3 different counties. I personally don't think this makes any difference with application progress.

As I live outside dublin, there should not be any issue. If there is I'll update you
I agree with you, as I applied Aug 06 and have same address for the last 8 years, and still waiting (not sure what :)

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 pm

ib_dublin wrote:
Heybabyy wrote:

I have got appointment with district court for 16th-feb
Congrats ib_dublin. You are now ib_irish :lol: