ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:31 am

November and October applicants dont seem to be recieving any news.

There seems to be no more applicants adding new application details to the December spreadsheet.

This snow and ice has bought everything to a standstill it seems!!

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:14 pm

sent another email below is the reply i got

'Thank you for your email of 14th December. You have asked for information about the visa application for xxxxxx. Because of data privacy laws we are not able to provide information to you about this application. We are only allowed to give information to a third party with the written consent of the visa applicant. We will be happy to provide information directly to the applicant if they contact us by email.

Yours sincerely,

Settlement Enquiry Desk

it does not look good i thing the visa has been refused.

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Yas2010

Stop being so negative.

No matter what the outcome of the Visa, they cannot inform you of the result via email. All they can tell you is where it is in the process.. ie being processed or processed

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Yas2010 What did u ask in the email you sent?

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:33 pm

ImranOne wrote:Yas2010 What did u ask in the email you sent?
Just an update on the settlement visa application stage so far

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:37 pm

So they wont update you because of data protection. Maybe you need to re word your email, cos looking back at other ppls posts they have had replys saying the application is in hand, or that a decision has been made etc etc.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:42 pm

ImranOne wrote:So they wont update you because of data protection. Maybe you need to re word your email, cos looking back at other ppls posts they have had replys saying the application is in hand, or that a decision has been made etc etc.
Yep the first email i got on the 10/09/2010 did say ' can confirm that the application has been processed'

it looks like we would find out the outcome next year now

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Yas2010 wrote:
ImranOne wrote:So they wont update you because of data protection. Maybe you need to re word your email, cos looking back at other ppls posts they have had replys saying the application is in hand, or that a decision has been made etc etc.
Yep the first email i got on the 10/09/2010 did say ' can confirm that the application has been processed'

it looks like we would find out the outcome next year now
yeah thts wat i thnk aswell. its just stupid how they can drag it out for soo long, i personaly think they can do the paperwork alot quicker but just chose not to.

Where have u been emailing samad? can you share the email address with the rest of us thank you.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Sammad wrote:Yas, have they ever confirmed that the application has been processed? Have you ever received such a response from BHC?
Yes they can this is what i got,

' Thank you for your email of 09/12/10 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at

www.ukvacpk.com

Yours sincerely,

Settlement Enquiry Desk'

khan786

Post by khan786 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:15 pm

1 week ago I sent 2 emails, first to the ukhub and didn't get a response.

Then i sent another to the pakistan settlement address and got a very generic reply ''wait till 12 weeks have expired bla bla''.

Number of days past and i suddenly get email msg pop on my android at work. So i quickly went to check what the email was about.

Has it turns out it was the initial email reply i sent previously from the steukhub email address for settlement inquiries. Which was not so generic and shows they made an effort.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application is currently being processed and decision will be made in due course.

The VAC will be contacting your shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team.

This is my 12th week now ill send an email this friday has they take a couple of days to reply to emails.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Its good to hear they are currently processing your application.

That means they have started working on the October applications.

That is good news fro all of the October lot InshaAllah

genghiz
Newly Registered

Post by genghiz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 pm

The are definately working on october my brother and I applied on 1st october. I have collect my application on 8th December and my brother will be collecting his tommorrow.

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Genghis

Please can you proivde the following details so we can add to spreadsheet

username
Location submitted
Date Submitted
Date under process at BHC
Email decsiion date
ready for collection date

You can see the spreadsheet below for an idea of what I am speaking about

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:58 pm

genghiz where did you and your brother apply?

genghiz
Newly Registered

Post by genghiz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:33 pm

username genghiz, 1/10/10, BHC 14/10/10 E-mail decision 12/11/10 ready for collection 5/12/10 collected 8/12/10 VISA GRANTED
ytk 1/10/10, BHC 14/10/10 E-mail decision 28/11/10 ready for collection 21/12/10
minty wrote:Genghis

Please can you proivde the following details so we can add to spreadsheet

username
Location submitted
Date Submitted
Date under process at BHC
Email decsiion date
ready for collection date

You can see the spreadsheet below for an idea of what I am speaking about
Last edited by genghiz on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genghiz
Newly Registered

Post by genghiz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:34 pm

ISLAMABAD
ImranOne wrote:genghiz where did you and your brother apply?

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Genghis

Please keep us updated tomorrow and let us know how it goes

All the best for tomorrow

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 am

i have booked my tickets for 16 jan . just a quick question is there n e time limit on when to travel like with in 28 days or 3 months from the date of visa or no?

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:05 am

haseebuk1 wrote:i have booked my tickets for 16 jan . just a quick question is there n e time limit on when to travel like with in 28 days or 3 months from the date of visa or no?
It should tell you in the information pack you recieved. You must travel within 3 months i think it is.

minty

Post by minty » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 am

Points to bear in mind!!

The Visa stamp for settlement Visa i2 27 Months.
ILR is applied for after 2 years of staying in the UK
If spouse is in UK for less than 2 years when Visa runs out, FLR is applied for, followed by ILR
If spouse is in UK for 2 years and visa has not run out then only ILR needs to be applied for

If your wife leaves Pakistan with less than 2 years of her Visa left, then she will have to apply for FLR ( further leave to remain) after 2 years as her Visa would have expired. and after the FLR, then apply for ILR

If however, your wife leaves within 2-3 months, she will arrvive in the UK with 2 years left on her Visa. This means after completing the 2 years period she can apply for ILR without applying for FLR first

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 am

ImranOne wrote:
haseebuk1 wrote:i have booked my tickets for 16 jan . just a quick question is there n e time limit on when to travel like with in 28 days or 3 months from the date of visa or no?
It should tell you in the information pack you recieved. You must travel within 3 months i think it is.
didt get n e info pack they only gave me copied info letter which only says leave asap

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 am

minty wrote:Points to bear in mind!!

The Visa stamp for settlement Visa i2 27 Months.
ILR is applied for after 2 years of staying in the UK
If spouse is in UK for less than 2 years when Visa runs out, FLR is applied for, followed by ILR
If spouse is in UK for 2 years and visa has not run out then only ILR needs to be applied for

If your wife leaves Pakistan with less than 2 years of her Visa left, then she will have to apply for FLR ( further leave to remain) after 2 years as her Visa would have expired. and after the FLR, then apply for ILR

If however, your wife leaves within 2-3 months, she will arrvive in the UK with 2 years left on her Visa. This means after completing the 2 years period she can apply for ILR without applying for FLR first
thanks minty that was really helpful.n e updates on ur application yet? is it been 12 weeks or no ?

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 am

now i'm not sure if the application has been processed or still being processed , as i got two emails as you can see below.

Thank you for your email of 09/12/10 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at
www.ukvacpk.com

'Thank you for your email of 21/12/10 enquiring about the progress of your visa
application. I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we
cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this
as soon as we can. You can track the progress of your application at the Visa
Application Centre (Gerry's) website at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely,
Settlement Enquiry Desk'

Imranshah
Newly Registered

Post by Imranshah » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:58 am

Hi Guys

I recieved this email today and I'm quite worried now

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your application has been received and is currently being processed. I apologise for the delay in processing your application but further checks are required before we can make a decision on your application.

You can continue to monitor the progress of your application by checking our VAC’s website at:

www.ukvacpk.com

I apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

minty

Post by minty » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Looks like Imranshahj and Yas2010 are in the process of being processed

Dont worry guys, if they respond to an email when they are currently processing your app, then this is obviously the repsonse you will get