ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pete249
Newly Registered

Re: H

Post by Pete249 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:07 am

adrees246 wrote:Is it fair some people are getting their ilr early ?

We need to bear in mind that published timescale for dealing with 10-year ILR applications is 6 months. I do not believe that it is fair to compare all applications as some are straightforward and others are not. You also have to factor in the human factor as CW are only human beings like us. They are affected by life's vicissitudes (sicknesses etc.) As someone rightly pointed out in this forum, there are variances in performance between CWs as in any organisations. So depending on all these factors, two individuals can apply the same day and the outcomes of their application can be months apart. Also, there are procedures in place for when things take longer than the published 6 months and these can be pursued.

My views are informed by my own personal experience as I was in a sector where assessments needs to be carried out to statutory deadlines; and no two cases are the same. For argument sake, let's say the deadline is for the assessment to be carried out within 30 working days. Depending on the complexity of the cases, some can be done within 10 days whereas others go beyond the deadline because of high complexity. It is therefore not fair to compare two assessments and say why this one was carried out in only 10 days and this other one in 45 days as each one has its own specificities.

This is my humble opinion and it is not to excuse bad practices as these should be stamped out. I simply hope that all get their ILR in due course. I am also waiting for the outcome of my application and please don't go about thinking that I work for the HO.

God bless you all.

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Re: H

Post by tomgodcat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:39 am

Pete249 wrote:
adrees246 wrote:Is it fair some people are getting their ilr early ?

We need to bear in mind that published timescale for dealing with 10-year ILR applications is 6 months. I do not believe that it is fair to compare all applications as some are straightforward and others are not. You also have to factor in the human factor as CW are only human beings like us. They are affected by life's vicissitudes (sicknesses etc.) As someone rightly pointed out in this forum, there are variances in performance between CWs as in any organisations. So depending on all these factors, two individuals can apply the same day and the outcomes of their application can be months apart. Also, there are procedures in place for when things take longer than the published 6 months and these can be pursued.

My views are informed by my own personal experience as I was in a sector where assessments needs to be carried out to statutory deadlines; and no two cases are the same. For argument sake, let's say the deadline is for the assessment to be carried out within 30 working days. Depending on the complexity of the cases, some can be done within 10 days whereas others go beyond the deadline because of high complexity. It is therefore not fair to compare two assessments and say why this one was carried out in only 10 days and this other one in 45 days as each one has its own specificities.

This is my humble opinion and it is not to excuse bad practices as these should be stamped out. I simply hope that all get their ILR in due course. I am also waiting for the outcome of my application and please don't go about thinking that I work for the HO.

God bless you all.
I agree with you but when you haven't heard from them for a long time and suppose the case is straightforward, all of us should raise our concern as we deserve better treatment for what we paid for. God speed...

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by tomgodcat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 am

jugal1986 wrote:Congratulations Faruq.

Same timeline as mine - hope they are looking at mine or have sent it to me already.

Fingers crossed - need it before the Christmas holidays as I plan to join a new job early next year.

Jugal.
faruq wrote:The application sent: 26/08/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 28/08/2013
Biometrics letter received: 08/09/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 10/09/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): 13/12/13
Passport/Approval Letter Received: 17/12/13.

I sent only Passports (x3), Life in the UK Test Result and Biometric Card. Nothing else.

10 years = 8 years student + 2 years PSW.

Thanks everyone. I will try to help people in the forum as much as I can and as long as I can.
Pease update my timeline
Hi jugal1986, Has your case been allocated to any case work yet?

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Re: its a race

Post by tomgodcat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:47 am

yasin333 wrote:It seems me, jugal1986, tomgodcat have sent around same time, it'll be interesting to see who gets it first , although knowing my luck :(
Let's pray!!!!! :(

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Re: help please!!!!

Post by tomgodcat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 am

ukvisaengland wrote:I came to the UK as a dependant of my father
I had my visa exempt diplomat from 03/01/2004 to 03/01/2008. I entered the UK on 12 Mar 2004. I was studying on that time.
on Jan 2004 I applied to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa as I was studying at the university. I sent my visa application through the university.
I was advised to withdraw my application otherwise they will refuse my application as It is not allowed to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa in the UK. I withdrawn my application and as soon as I got my application back I went back home to switch my visa. I left the UK on 24 March 2004. I was advised that Although the date of this Exemption expired on 3rd Jan 2008, this type of permit allows a 90 day extended period of leave for the person to prepare to return home. I left the UK on 24th March 2008, which is within this 90 day grace period.I switched the visa in my country and I came back to the UK on 18/04/2008.
since then I have been extended my visas in the UK. the total days outside the UK so far 314 days and I have never been more than 2 months outside the UK on one time. I dont have any court fees or any other issues.
Can I apply for the 10 yrs visa??? I dont to apply and visa get refused
this what they have written in Long residence and private life
guidance on the Immigration Rules.

Time spent in the UK exempt from immigration control must be counted as lawful residence. People exempt from immigration control include diplomats and members of the armed forces.
Deemed leave
Deemed leave is the 90 days a person is given once their exemption period from immigration control ends. By the end of the 90 days, the person must either
 submit an application for leave, or
 depart the UK.
A person on deemed leave does not receive an endorsement on their passport.
If a person submits an application to extend their stay in the UK within 90 days of their exemption ending, and is later granted a period of leave, their continuous lawful residence is not broken.
If a person remains in the UK, and does not submit an application for further leave after the 90 days deemed leave, their continuous lawful residence is broken.
For an example of time spent in the UK while exempt from immigration control counting as lawful continuous residence, see example 5 in related link: Examples of continuous lawful residence.
Effect on continuous residence
Continuous residence is not broken if a person:
 leaves and then returns to the UK during a period of exemption, and

continues to meet all other requirements of long residence, set out in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.
If a person leaves the UK following the end of their exemption and during their period of deemed leave, continuous residence is not broken, even if they return to the UK after their 90 days deemed leaved has expired. This is providing that they meet all the other long residence requirements in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.

I appreciate your help and advice
I believe you can. Your only question is whether the deem leave period should be counted "lawful", on paper work it sounds as it is, but recommend a solicitor's advice on this..

MALIK_KHAN
Newly Registered

Help regarding FLR(M)

Post by MALIK_KHAN » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 am

Hi forum members
I have got my ILR last week on 10 year basis and i also submitted my wife FLR(M) application with mine back in august but its been put on hold ever since as i requested to do so as now i got it so just for the confirmation what i need to do now.

Do i have to send the copy of my BRP or is it original i have to send for my wife FLR(M) application to be processed now Plz advise.

Thanks for help really appreciate that.

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:21 am

Many Thanks Pete249 for the reply

sadiq.wmin wrote:Hi Pete249,

I called HO couple of times now and trying to ask for Biometric Letter, All there are saying its not in the system and they cant do anything unless the case worker upload it in the system...

I have applied on 11.11.2013 and payment taken on 13.11.2013, and also received acknowledgement letter but that was no use...

Don't know what to do... I guess i need to keep calling HO untill someone can seriously do something...

any advise

Regards

Sadiq

Pete249 wrote:
Pete249 wrote:Hello all,
I have made an application on 10 years long route SET(LR).

Application sent: 05/11/2013
Application Received: 06/11/2013
payment taken out from bank account: 07/11/2013
Acknowledgement letter Received: 13/11/2013 ( Dated- 07/11/2013 )
Biometrics letter: waiting
Biometris Enrolment: waiting

Passports+docs Received: waiting
Biometric Card Received: waiting

Immigration history: came to UK June 2003
Documents sent: 3 passports, employment letters + others

Please add me on Sky Drive

Hi all.
Could anyone update Skydrive for me as I have just got my biometric enrolment done.

Biometrics letter: 13/12/2013 (dated 10/12/2012) Royal Mail 2nd class
Biometris Enrolment: 14/12/2013

Passports+docs Received: waiting

On the side note, I had to drive 12 miles to the nearest Post Office due to strike action which means that the one close to my town was closed this morning.
Again, I would strongly advised anyone who has been waiting for biometrics letter for more than 4 weeks and who has proof that their payment has cleared to contact the HO as their application could be stuck unecessarily somewhere in the HO as was the case with mine.
Best of lack to all. I can now wait for as long as it takes (been waiting more than 11 years so few more months won't kill me... lol!)

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 am

Hi Every one

I have applied ILR on OCT 2012 still waiting every time I called same answer your application under process. Family application Flro been refused with right of appeal , appeal allowed but still waiting to receive letter,

Please advice me what i will do, really stress , waiting from Oct 2012 Tier 1 General visa expired in March 2013 too, I have completed four year on tier 1, 12 year as long term residence.

Your advice and guidance will be really appreciated.

Regards
Amjad Leeds

adrees246
Newly Registered

Post by adrees246 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 am

I AM FREE FROM IMMIGRATION CONTROL GOT MY ILR THIS MORNING

The application sent: 16/08/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 22/08/2013
Biometrics letter received: 28/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 04/09/2013

Passports+docs Received: 18/12/2013

PL SOME ONE UP DATE THE DETAILS ON SKY DRIVE

jugal1986
Newly Registered

Re: its a race

Post by jugal1986 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 am

Called HO just now and they have confirmed that my application is complete and it was sent out yesterday.

Lets see how long Royal Mail takes to get it to my door ;-)

Still happy that I will hopefully get it before Christmas!

Good luck all - will update as and when I finally get my docs.

[quote="tomgodcat"][quote="yasin333"]It seems me, jugal1986, tomgodcat have sent around same time, it'll be interesting to see who gets it first , although knowing my luck :([/quote]

Let's pray!!!!! :([/quote]

esmsi

Re: ILR is under process

Post by esmsi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sorry for the issue.

Please write a seperate thread as your issue is complicated.
Secondly go to a good solicitor.

amjadleeds wrote:Hi Every one

I have applied ILR on OCT 2012 still waiting every time I called same answer your application under process. Family application Flro been refused with right of appeal , appeal allowed but still waiting to receive letter,

Please advice me what i will do, really stress , waiting from Oct 2012 Tier 1 General visa expired in March 2013 too, I have completed four year on tier 1, 12 year as long term residence.

Regards
Amjad Leeds

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:22 am

Congrate
adrees246 wrote:I AM FREE FROM IMMIGRATION CONTROL GOT MY ILR THIS MORNING

The application sent: 16/08/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 22/08/2013
Biometrics letter received: 28/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 04/09/2013

PL SOME ONE UP DATE THE DETAILS ON SKY DRIVE

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:32 am

esmsi is right, find yourself a good solicitor.
I am worried they might have lost your application. Anything can happen with the HO. But having to wait more than 12 months for an application is just unacceptable.
esmsi wrote:Sorry for the issue.

Regards
Amjad Leeds

Style13
Newly Registered

Post by Style13 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:57 am

All praises be to redeeming GOD/ALLAH master of the universe, my ILR have been approved.

The application sent: 27/07/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 30/07/2013
Biometrics letter received: 30/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 30/08/2013

Thanks to the forum and thank all the contributors. I wish all those waiting and future applicants all the very best of luck for the future.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:59 am

Congrate .Enjoy and pray for us.
Style13 wrote:All praises be to redeeming GOD/ALLAH master of the universe, my ILR have been approved.

Thanks to the forum and thank all the contributors. I wish all those waiting and future applicants all the very best of luck for the future.

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:05 am

[quote="Style13"]All praises be to redeeming GOD/ALLAH master of the universe, my ILR have been approved.

you guys are lucky i am waiting 22 aug 2013 lol

988trader
Newly Registered

Post by 988trader » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:34 am

Regards
Amjad Leeds
=============================================
Have you made a complaint to the home office???
If yes, have you followed it up??
if yes what are they saying??
I would advice not to pursue this matter using a solictors .

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Congratulations to all who has received their ILR before Christmas. Pray for those who are waiting for it.

Adnan2013
Newly Registered

Post by Adnan2013 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Alhamdollilah

Hi, Guys I hope all are OK

By the grace of ALLAH Pak i got my ILR approval letter and passports
felt that i should give my timelines which can provide guidelines to those who are in the waiting

Applied ILR on 10 years basis through Lawyer:-
Application sent: 12 AUG 2013
ACK letter received: 16 AUG 2013
Biometric letter received: 26 AUG 2013
Biometric done: 27 AUG 2013
Approval letter and Passport received: 16/12/13
BRP cards : 18/12/13
History : 6 Year student, 2 year PSW then again 2year student also 1 refusal.

Documents send :
3 X Passports
Biometric card
LIfe in the Uk

Please thinking Positive
Thanks every one again and good luck

Allah bless Us. Aameen
Last edited by Adnan2013 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 pm

I have sent out my application on 10th of dec. money deducted on 11st dec. till today no sign of acknowledgement letter.... So?

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 pm

So be patient, god damn it.
There are some who have been waiting for a year. Take it easy.
smileybee wrote:I have sent out my application on 10th of dec. money deducted on 11st dec. till today no sign of acknowledgement letter.... So?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Congrate mate
Adnan2013 wrote:Alhamdollilah

Hi, Guys I hope all are OK

By the grace of ALLAH Pak today i got my ILR approval letter and passports
felt that i should give my timelines which can provide guidelines to those who are in the waiting

Applied ILR on 10 years basis through Lawyer:-
Application sent: 12 AUG 2013
ACK letter received: 16 AUG 2013
Biometric letter received: 26 AUG 2013
Biometric done: 27 AUG 2013
Approval letter and Passport received: 16/12/13
BRP cards : 18/12/13
History : 6 Year student, 2 year PSW then again 2year student also 1 refusal.

Documents send :
3 X Passports
Biometric card
LIfe in the Uk

Please thinking Positive
Thanks every one again and good luck

Allah bless Us. Aameen

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:42 pm

ppycrmt wrote:esmsi is right, find yourself a good solicitor.
I am worried they might have lost your application. Anything can happen with the HO. But having to wait more than 12 months for an application is just unacceptable.
esmsi wrote:Sorry for the issue.

Regards
Amjad Leeds
Hi Thank for your reply guys, I have applied through solicitor, I spoke to Mp and MP send them letter as well, waiting reply from HO,
I waiting to receive letter of court decision for family flro application, because they have been appeal allowed, so thinking might be new year will bring good news for my self, Like this my family appeal allowed.
Please guys just need your prayers.

Regards
Amjad leeds

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Re: help please!!!!

Post by ukvisaengland » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:46 am

tomgodcat wrote:
ukvisaengland wrote:I came to the UK as a dependant of my father
I had my visa exempt diplomat from 03/01/2004 to 03/01/2008. I entered the UK on 12 Mar 2004. I was studying on that time.
on Jan 2004 I applied to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa as I was studying at the university. I sent my visa application through the university.
I was advised to withdraw my application otherwise they will refuse my application as It is not allowed to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa in the UK. I withdrawn my application and as soon as I got my application back I went back home to switch my visa. I left the UK on 24 March 2004. I was advised that Although the date of this Exemption expired on 3rd Jan 2008, this type of permit allows a 90 day extended period of leave for the person to prepare to return home. I left the UK on 24th March 2008, which is within this 90 day grace period.I switched the visa in my country and I came back to the UK on 18/04/2008.
since then I have been extended my visas in the UK. the total days outside the UK so far 314 days and I have never been more than 2 months outside the UK on one time. I dont have any court fees or any other issues.
Can I apply for the 10 yrs visa??? I dont to apply and visa get refused
this what they have written in Long residence and private life
guidance on the Immigration Rules.

Time spent in the UK exempt from immigration control must be counted as lawful residence. People exempt from immigration control include diplomats and members of the armed forces.
Deemed leave
Deemed leave is the 90 days a person is given once their exemption period from immigration control ends. By the end of the 90 days, the person must either
 submit an application for leave, or
 depart the UK.
A person on deemed leave does not receive an endorsement on their passport.
If a person submits an application to extend their stay in the UK within 90 days of their exemption ending, and is later granted a period of leave, their continuous lawful residence is not broken.
If a person remains in the UK, and does not submit an application for further leave after the 90 days deemed leave, their continuous lawful residence is broken.
For an example of time spent in the UK while exempt from immigration control counting as lawful continuous residence, see example 5 in related link: Examples of continuous lawful residence.
Effect on continuous residence
Continuous residence is not broken if a person:
 leaves and then returns to the UK during a period of exemption, and

continues to meet all other requirements of long residence, set out in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.
If a person leaves the UK following the end of their exemption and during their period of deemed leave, continuous residence is not broken, even if they return to the UK after their 90 days deemed leaved has expired. This is providing that they meet all the other long residence requirements in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.

I appreciate your help and advice
I believe you can. Your only question is whether the deem leave period should be counted "lawful", on paper work it sounds as it is, but recommend a solicitor's advice on this..
Do you think do I need to apply a solicitor? yea I am questioning about the deem leave period? what do you understand from this "If a person leaves the UK following the end of their exemption and during their period of deemed leave, continuous residence is not broken, even if they return to the UK after their 90 days deemed leaved has expired. This is providing that they meet all the other long residence requirements in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules."

zeeshan_87
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshan_87 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 am

Hi Guys,

I need a little bit help with 10 years Long residence rules.

I am currently on Visit Visa and have left the country on 13 Feb 2013 under the Post Study Work Visa. Which expired and I left the country and came back 12 august (was out of the country for 5 months and 28 days). In total I have lived in the country for 7 years and 6 months.

I will be going back to my home country (Pakistan) again to apply for spouse visa in January. And hopefully in 2-3 months time I will back with my spouse Visa.

My question am I still eligible to apply for 10 years long residence category after I lawfully lived in the country for 10 years?

I spoke to few lawyers and they seem to be not sure about this matter, and they told me that Visit Visa is not counted under the 10 years lawful residence category.

Any help regarding this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks