ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:10 am

ppycrmt wrote:So be patient, god damn it.
There are some who have been waiting for a year. Take it easy.
smileybee wrote:I have sent out my application on 10th of dec. money deducted on 11st dec. till today no sign of acknowledgement letter.... So?
So far most people get the acknowledgement letter within a week or less..

qchicoq
Newly Registered

Post by qchicoq » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:18 am

Got missed Delivery from DX - secure yesterday ...... Should i be excited?

Timeline:

Applied ILR on 10 years basis through the post-
Application sent: 17 AUG 2013
ACK letter received: 21 AUG 2013
Biometric letter received: 6 sept 2013
Biometric done:7 sept 2013
Approval letter and Passport received: waiting
BRP cards : still waiting

History : 7 Year student, 2 year PSW then again 1 year spouse

Documents sent :
2X Passports
Biometric card
LIfe in the Uk

clubcard2002
Newly Registered

Post by clubcard2002 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:24 am

Guys, just to let everyone knows that after 15months since the date of your application for ILR, you can apply for naturalisation - if your application was delayed see below. You dont have to wait for a full 12months again. Got mine approved.
clubcard2002 wrote:Guys,

Kinda read somewhere that if your ILR has been delayed through no fault of yourself and eventually granted you can apply for the passport after 15months from you ILR application date. I will try to find the document. That's if I applied for ILR in Feb 2012 and got my ILR Dec 2012, I can apply for passport in May 2013?

Can someone in the know confirm?

club

Ps

Link added - Annex B page 16 - g

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/[/url]

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:27 am

It's Christmas, things will be slow. If it's more than 2 weeks, then there is a problem.
smileybee wrote:
smileybee wrote:I have sent out my application on 10th of dec. money deducted on 11st dec. till today no sign of acknowledgement letter.... So?

members

Post by members » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:01 am

clubcard2002 wrote:Guys, just to let everyone knows that after 15months since the date of your application for ILR, you can apply for naturalisation - if your application was delayed see below. You dont have to wait for a full 12months again. Got mine approved.
clubcard2002 wrote:Guys,

Kinda read somewhere that if your ILR has been delayed through no fault of yourself and eventually granted you can apply for the passport after 15months from you ILR application date. I will try to find the document. That's if I applied for ILR in Feb 2012 and got my ILR Dec 2012, I can apply for passport in May 2013?

Can someone in the know confirm?

club

Ps

Link added - Annex B page 16 - g

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/[/url]
Dear clubcard2002,

Thanks for the information. Yes, this is a discretion (provided by British Nationality Act) that Home Secretary can use to waive the 12 months waiting time for naturalisation. Anyway, many congratulation that you have been able to benefit from this.

But, will you be kind enough to share your story in details, please! How long did it take for your ILR to arrive, how and where did you apply, did you use any Nationality Checking Service, did you write any covering letter pointing out the rules, etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Happy holidays!

die_hard

Re: Please Update on Skydrive

Post by die_hard » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:36 am

Hi bhargav.ganti,

So what English language qualification you showed for your FLR (M) application and SET(M) ?

Did you show two separate ones for both the applications ?
bhargav.ganti wrote:
die_hard wrote:Hi bhargav.ganti,

Congrats on your's and your's wife ILR.

I have question to you regarding your FLR(M) and SET(M).

So as you mentioned you successfully applied for FLR(M) and then SET(M) at Croydon PEO. Do did you take both the forms FLR(M) and SET(M) and submitted both ? Did you had to pay fees for both - FLR(M) and SET(M). Please clarify.

Thanks
bhargav.ganti wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote: That brilliant , congrats buddy
Would u like to share with us what did u mention while applying set (m) straight after flr m, did u have to explain the transitional rule to case worker ?
Or did u take a letter stating about transitional provision ,
Can u please share what exact wording u use to probably convince Cw
I think it will be better if u write down ur peo experince , which could be really helpful for me and others
Many thanks

Hi Rana,

Firstly, I did not see the CW at the Croydon PEO at all. Let me provide u complete details so that it may help first time goers as well :-)

1. Reach PEO 30 mins before ur appointment. U r NOT allowed to get into the buidling more than 30 mins prior to ur appointment.

2. After the security check, u go to the 3rd floor and que at the general counter.

3. Here the UKBA rep checks ur passport and appointment details and issues u a token number (hence forth ur case will be reffered to this token number)

4. Depending upon the number of people ahead of u, u will be called for the general uploading of details (a UKBA rep checks ur Passport/BRP etc ) and provides a plastic folder in which u r supposed to keep all ur docs including PP and BRP

5. U then wait for the BRP (Same process as above. U will be called according to numbers ahead of u).

6. Once ur BRP is done, ur File is retained by the rep who takes ur BRP and u go to the cafeteria and wait till
(a) Ur case is completed and u r called to collect ur documents
(b) if the CW has any query

As I mentioned above, I did not have to meet the CW at all.

However to be on the safer side, I did carry with me the following :

1. Transitional arrangement document (where on Page 10 and Page 11 it says that I may apply for FLR(M) based on A280(c) rules
2. copy of A280(c) rules where it states that all the rules prior to 9th July 12 shall be applicable to my case
3. Copy of Rules of Part-8, Rule 287(a)(i)d

Most of all I hired a solicitor who was sure that I can get the VISA without the 18600£ rule .

Hope this helps u and many others. Happy to help :-)
Hi,

Yes is the answer for both of your questions. However, as i mentioned earlier, ideally u wud first apply for FLR(M) and once granted, u book appointment for SET(M) and then apply it. However, I just wanted to try my luck of applying SET(M) first directly instead of FLR(M). Therefore, I booked appointment for FLR(M) but also took SET(M) ready with me.

When checked with the manager, he told me clearly that I will have to switch to FLR(M) first and only after it is granted, I could go for SET(M). It was only out of luck that the FLR(M) got granted quickly and there wasnt much of rush in the PEO (probably due to which the 2nd application was considered).

supers
Newly Registered

ILR refused

Post by supers » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:27 pm

My ILR on 10 years residence application is refused with appeal right.

The reason is that - I had an application on 22nd January 2007 for SEGS and they could not take money from the credit card. They refused the application on 24 january and gave 28 days to re-apply. Unfortunately, i did not receive the latter with my document. at the beginning of March 2007 i have called HO that I did not here anything and they replied they have sent the application long ago and could not gave any ref how can i get.. asked me to contact royal main..I contact and collect..I called HO again that 28 days is already over they say just fill the payment page and send the document..I got visa..

I applied SAR…and it says that in the summary there is no overstay for more than 28 days..but the application acceptance and rejection was mentioned on the time line..

I have been here 9 years as student 1 year SEGS and did MSc with Distinction and just completed PhD…

Any advice, help or how to appeal..or anyone been through such situation…please please…christmas holiday is approaching.

zeeshan_87
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshan_87 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I need a little bit help with 10 years Long residence rules.

I am currently on Visit Visa and have left the country on 13 Feb 2013 under the Post Study Work Visa. Which expired and I left the country and came back 12 august (was out of the country for 5 months and 28 days). In total I have lived in the country for 7 years and 6 months.

I will be going back to my home country (Pakistan) again to apply for spouse visa in January. And hopefully in 2-3 months time I will back with my spouse Visa.

My question am I still eligible to apply for 10 years long residence category after I lawfully lived in the country for 10 years?

I spoke to few lawyers and they seem to be not sure about this matter, and they told me that Visit Visa is not counted under the 10 years lawful residence category.

Any help regarding this matter would be much appreciated.

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:47 pm

today i call HO to confirm change of address and status of application. they said application process is incomplete and waiting for decision. so wait till u hear from us.what this mean is my application with case worker or still waiting
Last edited by zabizabi on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

members

Re: ILR refused

Post by members » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:51 pm

supers wrote:My ILR on 10 years residence application is refused with appeal right.

The reason is that - I had an application on 22nd January 2007 for SEGS and they could not take money from the credit card. They refused the application on 24 january and gave 28 days to re-apply. Unfortunately, i did not receive the latter with my document. at the beginning of March 2007 i have called HO that I did not here anything and they replied they have sent the application long ago and could not gave any ref how can i get.. asked me to contact royal main..I contact and collect..I called HO again that 28 days is already over they say just fill the payment page and send the document..I got visa..

I applied SAR…and it says that in the summary there is no overstay for more than 28 days..but the application acceptance and rejection was mentioned on the time line..

I have been here 9 years as student 1 year SEGS and did MSc with Distinction and just completed PhD…

Any advice, help or how to appeal..or anyone been through such situation…please please…christmas holiday is approaching.
You can look into this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary (page 17 of 67).

Gap(s) in lawful residence
You may grant the application if an applicant:
 has short gaps in lawful residence through making previous applications out of time by no more than 28 calendar das, and
 meets all the other requirements for lawful residence.
You can use your judgement and use discretion in cases where there may be exceptional reasons why a single application was made more than 28 days out of time. For example, exceptional reasons can be used for cases where there is:
 a postal strike
 hospitalisation, or
 an administrative error made by the Home Office.

So, do your homework and see if you can fit your case with one of the points made above. In any event, I would say don't delay to seek professional legal advice. There is a date (see your refusal letter) by when you need to lodge your appeal. Good luck!

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomgodcat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm

zeeshan_87 wrote:Hi Guys,

I need a little bit help with 10 years Long residence rules.

I am currently on Visit Visa and have left the country on 13 Feb 2013 under the Post Study Work Visa. Which expired and I left the country and came back 12 august (was out of the country for 5 months and 28 days). In total I have lived in the country for 7 years and 6 months.

I will be going back to my home country (Pakistan) again to apply for spouse visa in January. And hopefully in 2-3 months time I will back with my spouse Visa.

My question am I still eligible to apply for 10 years long residence category after I lawfully lived in the country for 10 years?

I spoke to few lawyers and they seem to be not sure about this matter, and they told me that Visit Visa is not counted under the 10 years lawful residence category.

Any help regarding this matter would be much appreciated.
Yes they do account

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomgodcat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

zabizabi wrote:today i call HO to confirm change of address and status of application. they said application process is incomplete and waiting for decision. so wait till u hear from us.what this mean is my application with case worker or still waiting
no not necessarily

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Re: help please!!!!

Post by tomgodcat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:25 pm

ukvisaengland wrote:
tomgodcat wrote:
ukvisaengland wrote:I came to the UK as a dependant of my father
I had my visa exempt diplomat from 03/01/2004 to 03/01/2008. I entered the UK on 12 Mar 2004. I was studying on that time.
on Jan 2004 I applied to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa as I was studying at the university. I sent my visa application through the university.
I was advised to withdraw my application otherwise they will refuse my application as It is not allowed to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa in the UK. I withdrawn my application and as soon as I got my application back I went back home to switch my visa. I left the UK on 24 March 2004. I was advised that Although the date of this Exemption expired on 3rd Jan 2008, this type of permit allows a 90 day extended period of leave for the person to prepare to return home. I left the UK on 24th March 2008, which is within this 90 day grace period.I switched the visa in my country and I came back to the UK on 18/04/2008.
since then I have been extended my visas in the UK. the total days outside the UK so far 314 days and I have never been more than 2 months outside the UK on one time. I dont have any court fees or any other issues.
Can I apply for the 10 yrs visa??? I dont to apply and visa get refused
this what they have written in Long residence and private life
guidance on the Immigration Rules.

Time spent in the UK exempt from immigration control must be counted as lawful residence. People exempt from immigration control include diplomats and members of the armed forces.
Deemed leave
Deemed leave is the 90 days a person is given once their exemption period from immigration control ends. By the end of the 90 days, the person must either
 submit an application for leave, or
 depart the UK.
A person on deemed leave does not receive an endorsement on their passport.
If a person submits an application to extend their stay in the UK within 90 days of their exemption ending, and is later granted a period of leave, their continuous lawful residence is not broken.
If a person remains in the UK, and does not submit an application for further leave after the 90 days deemed leave, their continuous lawful residence is broken.
For an example of time spent in the UK while exempt from immigration control counting as lawful continuous residence, see example 5 in related link: Examples of continuous lawful residence.
Effect on continuous residence
Continuous residence is not broken if a person:
 leaves and then returns to the UK during a period of exemption, and

continues to meet all other requirements of long residence, set out in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.
If a person leaves the UK following the end of their exemption and during their period of deemed leave, continuous residence is not broken, even if they return to the UK after their 90 days deemed leaved has expired. This is providing that they meet all the other long residence requirements in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.

I appreciate your help and advice
I believe you can. Your only question is whether the deem leave period should be counted "lawful", on paper work it sounds as it is, but recommend a solicitor's advice on this..
Do you think do I need to apply a solicitor? yea I am questioning about the deem leave period? what do you understand from this "If a person leaves the UK following the end of their exemption and during their period of deemed leave, continuous residence is not broken, even if they return to the UK after their 90 days deemed leaved has expired. This is providing that they meet all the other long residence requirements in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules."
I only can tell what I know so far and never experienced similar case, if it is, then go ahead

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:53 pm

tomgodcat wrote:
zabizabi wrote:today i call HO to confirm change of address and status of application. they said application process is incomplete and waiting for decision. so wait till u hear from us.what this mean is my application with case worker or still waiting
no not necessarily
so what they mean of it, application incomplete

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 pm

ppycrmt wrote:It's Christmas, things will be slow. If it's more than 2 weeks, then there is a problem.
smileybee wrote:
i have finally received it. :)

yasin333
Newly Registered

need to do same

Post by yasin333 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi zabizabi

i need to do the same. i need to call them to confirm change of address and an update on application. I applied through solicitor and asked him to let them know about change of address but people been telling me to contact homeoffice to confirm as they may send mail to my home add instead of solicitor.

Could you please tell me what number you called?

thanks

mycanal1

Re: ILR refused

Post by mycanal1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:33 am

i think, u go for appeal and during appeal, u have to explain/prove the judge that u did whatever u could and any delay was not because of your own fault e. g in this case u never received the letter, so have chances of u winning the case. Judge used their common sense and judgement unlike HO who find ways to refuse without common sense.
if you like , than study some similar cases like ur on google etc. there will be many, similar...
good luck.
supers wrote:My ILR on 10 years residence application is refused with appeal right.

mycanal1

Post by mycanal1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:38 am

I wonder how you will cope until next 5-10 month until you get the final approval, I heard that thousands of ppl applied in-order to avoid the new req of English requirent that were kicked in 28 Oct, so now all application will take much longer as HO is overbooked will flood of applications.

l.
smileybee wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:It's Christmas, things will be slow. If it's more than 2 weeks, then there is a problem.
smileybee wrote:
:wink:

mycanal1

Re: need to do same

Post by mycanal1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:40 am

send them a fax,
and make sure, you include your full name, dob, nationality, previous address, new address, application reference number if you got, type of application e.g FLR(LR) or SET(LR), your email and request them to reconfirm back to you via email etc.
yasin333 wrote:Hi zabizabi

i need to do the same. i need to call them to confirm change of address and an update on application. I applied through solicitor and asked him to let them know about change of address but people been telling me to contact homeoffice to confirm as they may send mail to my home add instead of solicitor.

Could you please tell me what number you called?

thanks

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:06 am

Obviously I would be peeved if I don't get my application back within the next 2 months (mid August applicant), but it's Christmas time, you know how the Brits are with Christmas; they are often slow, they talk about what to buy and what to get for Christmas. Their work ethic is often slow, so I won't be surprised if they are slow at dealing with applications in December.

I haven't heard anything regarding people rushing to apply before the 28th October. But frankly, if you have been in the country for 10 years and if your English aren't good enough to pass the test, then what have the applicants been doing in the last 10 years?!

I simply don't agree there is a surge in applicants before the 28th October. I am sure we all want to get this asap and will do anything to apply asap.
mycanal1 wrote:I wonder how you will cope until next 5-10 month until you get the final approval, I heard that thousands of ppl applied in-order to avoid the new req of English requirent that were kicked in 28 Oct, so now all application will take much longer as HO is overbooked will flood of applications.

l.
smileybee wrote:
smileybee wrote:

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:54 am

I know it will be a long wait but to receive acknowledgement letter is important as I would prefer to know that they have received my application. I believe with good faith and prayers I do hope to get it sooner. But it's Xmas now, so I m not expecting my biometric letter till January but miracle might happen and I may get it before Xmas haha.. I agreed that I don't think there will be an increase in applicants before October because they must meet the 10years duration prior to applying so they won't be lots hanging on there just to apply when they have passed their 10 years duration.
ppycrmt wrote:Obviously I would be peeved if I don't get my application back within the next 2 months (mid August applicant), but it's Christmas time, you know how the Brits are with Christmas; they are often slow, they talk about what to buy and what to get for Christmas. Their work ethic is often slow, so I won't be surprised if they are slow at dealing with applications in December.

I haven't heard anything regarding people rushing to apply before the 28th October. But frankly, if you have been in the country for 10 years and if your English aren't good enough to pass the test, then what have the applicants been doing in the last 10 years?!

I simply don't agree there is a surge in applicants before the 28th October. I am sure we all want to get this asap and will do anything to apply asap.
mycanal1 wrote:I wonder how you will cope until next 5-10 month until you get the final approval, I heard that thousands of ppl applied in-order to avoid the new req of English requirent that were kicked in 28 Oct, so now all application will take much longer as HO is overbooked will flood of applications.

l.
smileybee wrote:

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 am

If you just don't think about your application too much then time goes by so much more quickly. I couldn't believe it could be a matter of days now for my application to return.

Expect your biometric after Christmas, possibly in the first two weeks of January. Brits are slow, but they do get things done.
smileybee wrote:I know it will be a long wait but to receive acknowledgement letter is important as I would prefer to know that they have received my application. I believe with good faith and prayers I do hope to get it sooner. But it's Xmas now, so I m not expecting my biometric letter till January but miracle might happen and I may get it before Xmas haha.. I agreed that I don't think there will be an increase in applicants before October because they must meet the 10years duration prior to applying so they won't be lots hanging on there just to apply when they have passed their 10 years duration.
ppycrmt wrote:Obviously I would be peeved if I don't get my application back within the next 2 months (mid August applicant), but it's Christmas time, you know how the Brits are with Christmas; they are often slow, they talk about what to buy and what to get for Christmas. Their work ethic is often slow, so I won't be surprised if they are slow at dealing with applications in December.

l.
smileybee wrote:

zabizabi

Re: need to do same

Post by zabizabi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 pm

[quote="yasin333"]Hi zabizabi

sorry for late reply the number is 0870 6067766.you can change your address online its very easy and you will get auto reply of your email to them.with this you can send letter of request to them as well .when u call them they will ask your HO reference number,date of birth and nationality and type of application.

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 pm

yesterday i called HO to confirm change of address and status of application. they said application status is incomplete and wait. so wait till u hear from us.what this mean is my application with case worker or still waiting

esima

Re: acknowledgement letter

Post by esima » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 pm

I applied 19 November nd got acknowledgedment letter on the 25th dated 21.but did't get biometric letter from HO until a day b4. Yesterday which took a month for them to send it to me.Biometric don yesterday.