ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:39 pm

All the best Samera, great news please pray for the rest of us waiting and for those waiting for on appeal.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks.

Inshallah the rest ov u will also get some good news soon.

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Samera unleashed the good news as if it's not good news :P.

Straight to the point lol. No offence, just a first time for me that a good news has been posted with a straight to the point style.

Nonetheless congratulations Samera 8)
Lol thanks, nah its good news. But im like that get straight to the point. Dnt like wasting tym lol. :D

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 pm

samera wrote:

Straight to the point lol. No offence, just a first time for me that a good news has been posted with a straight to the point style.

Lol thanks, nah its good news. But im like that get straight to the point. Dnt like wasting tym lol. :D
Now there's some enthusiasm :) cool. Well we all have our own style of presenting good news. I firmly believe IF inshallah I have good news to present then mine would be 100% COMPLETE opposite to your style, emoticons galore is one thing for certain :P. It'll perhaps be the most enthusiastic, over the top type of presentation lol haha. But I suppose December 2010 was not the right time for that to happen, oh well all in good time inshallah.

For the time being I am going to lay really low, as much as possible considering i am back in the "Waiting" zone so will be less online here as all the fresh reading just gives me paranoia so better to avoid and wait patiently than to read, get paranoid and get tension :P.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

azzy
Newly Registered

Post by azzy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 pm

condratulations samera. masha allah your patience paid off.

p.s minty i see on the spreadsheet you got e-mail decision. does that mean you contacted them by e-mail or they sent you one without contact

minty

Post by minty » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 pm

azzy wrote:condratulations samera. masha allah your patience paid off.

p.s minty i see on the spreadsheet you got e-mail decision. does that mean you contacted them by e-mail or they sent you one without contact
I contacted them by email.

They replied with the following

UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

azzy
Newly Registered

Post by azzy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:05 pm

ok thanks ill give it a go see if they reply

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Salaam,

My father and I have considered using solicitors to prepare the report on our behalf, however, concerning solicitors is extremely lazy :lol: and don't think he will have the documents ready within next couple of weeks. :roll:

- Has anyone here used immigration solicitors to prepare their case (not for appeal but for the application of visa)?

- Would you recommend using solicitors even for the initial preparation of my application documents? Or are the documents simple to put together once you now what is required. I just want peace of mind...

If so, can anyone suggest/recommend any solicitors from West Midlands area, please.

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 pm

samera wrote:
Thanks

My husband has got the visa. Went to collect his passport today.
Congratzzz :D

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:18 pm

hey afzal786!

before i applied, every body gave me advice that i needed to apply through solicitors and only then would i guarantee a visa - SO NOT TRUE

believe it or not i compiled everything myself without family or friends knowing what i was doing and i used this forum to help me. i got no professional help or advice whatsoever (i didnt want to jinx anything or tell anyone because then everyone would keep asking and i would be so gutted if my husband didnt get his visa)

its really easy to do and there is a list of all the documents you need but personally i feel that having a solicitor help you apply bears no weight against the final decision and doesnt guarantee you success and it costs alot as well. hope this helps!

khan786

Post by khan786 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Went to my family solicitor, he cleared alot of my questions.
Going to my local tax office to get proof of tax payments to send off with the appeal this week.
Inshallah should go under review.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 pm

confused.com! wrote:hey afzal786!

before i applied, every body gave me advice that i needed to apply through solicitors and only then would i guarantee a visa - SO NOT TRUE

believe it or not i compiled everything myself without family or friends knowing what i was doing and i used this forum to help me. i got no professional help or advice whatsoever (i didnt want to jinx anything or tell anyone because then everyone would keep asking and i would be so gutted if my husband didnt get his visa)

its really easy to do and there is a list of all the documents you need but personally i feel that having a solicitor help you apply bears no weight against the final decision and doesnt guarantee you success and it costs alot as well. hope this helps!
Many thank for your kind reply. Yes it is damn expensive, espacially if you are in your first full-time :oops:. I been quoted nearly £600 not sure what the standard prices are though. People please do advice further.

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 pm

afzal786 wrote:
confused.com! wrote:hey afzal786!

Many thank for your kind reply. Yes it is damn expensive, espacially if you are in your first full-time :oops:. I been quoted nearly £600 not sure what the standard prices are though. People please do advice further.
Paying £600 for wat? thats ridiclous to be honest. When i sent my paper work i got a solictr to do it and i payed out £150. Its not hard to put the paper work together but becasue im living with parents i wanted house survey doing to say that house is big enuf to accomodate another person so i thort it will work out cheaper if i give my solictor to the letters and paper work together and have it stamped by them. To show that they are true documents.

So my solicitors tested all my documnets wrote 3 letters one from parents that they are not going to charge rent to stay with dem and another to say that why im using calling cards cuz they are cheaper to use and there was another letter which i cant exactly what it was. So it saved me doing it and also it was stamped by da solicitors and on their headed paper which seems more geninune. Hope this helps.

Oh these solictors are in midlands. So if you want more info on them let me know.

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
samera wrote:

Now there's some enthusiasm :) cool. Well we all have our own style of presenting good news. I firmly believe IF inshallah I have good news to present then mine would be 100% COMPLETE opposite to your style, emoticons galore is one thing for certain :P. It'll perhaps be the most enthusiastic, over the top type of presentation lol haha. But I suppose December 2010 was not the right time for that to happen, oh well all in good time inshallah.

For the time being I am going to lay really low, as much as possible considering i am back in the "Waiting" zone so will be less online here as all the fresh reading just gives me paranoia so better to avoid and wait patiently than to read, get paranoid and get tension :P.
Yup everyone has there own style. im abit quite in nature lol! Well thats what i say..not everyone agrees...I can imagine you jumping up and down and screaming from the bottom ov ur heart .....when you hear that your other half has got the visa. Dont worry inshallah you will hear good news and sumtym things happen for the best. Do keep us posted.

Imranshah
Newly Registered

Post by Imranshah » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Hey Guys

My hubbys passport status has changed its ready for collection he will be collecting it 2moro.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Salaam everyone,

Hope ur all well, I just submitted my appeal papers now and I am please asking all my brothers and sisters to pray our decision gets overturned quickly in the review process. May Allah swt grant all your wishes and dreams Ameen.

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:06 pm

I just wanted to ask about this english test that they hvae to do now.

On the uk borders agency, it says

"In the test, you will need to demonstrate a basic command of English (speaking and listening) at level A1 of the cefr"

and also

"You will not need to demonstrate your reading and writing skills."

so is taking the IELTS test the correct one? because that contains reading,writing,speaking and listening?

and also, what is A1 level based on the IELTS 9 grade scrore?

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:23 pm

samera wrote:
Paying £600 for wat? thats ridiclous to be honest. When i sent my paper work i got a solictr to do it and i payed out £150. Its not hard to put the paper work together but becasue im living with parents i wanted house survey doing to say that house is big enuf to accomodate another person so i thort it will work out cheaper if i give my solictor to the letters and paper work together and have it stamped by them. To show that they are true documents.

So my solicitors tested all my documnets wrote 3 letters one from parents that they are not going to charge rent to stay with dem and another to say that why im using calling cards cuz they are cheaper to use and there was another letter which i cant exactly what it was. So it saved me doing it and also it was stamped by da solicitors and on their headed paper which seems more geninune. Hope this helps.

Oh these solictors are in midlands. So if you want more info on them let me know.
Please, i would be so greatful if you could post their details.

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:I just wanted to ask about this english test that they hvae to do now.

On the uk borders agency, it says

"In the test, you will need to demonstrate a basic command of English (speaking and listening) at level A1 of the cefr"

and also

"You will not need to demonstrate your reading and writing skills."

so is taking the IELTS test the correct one? because that contains reading,writing,speaking and listening?

and also, what is A1 level based on the IELTS 9 grade scrore?

last time i checked bak in aug it was ilets 3/4 + A1 which is very low or u can do wot i did ESOL KET by cambridge thats even easier and its recommeneded . and u can do that in pakistan also by british council . google KET ESOL thats = A2 level but a lot mroe easy than ilets .

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:44 pm

afzal786 wrote:Salaam,

My father and I have considered using solicitors to prepare the report on our behalf, however, concerning solicitors is extremely lazy :lol: and don't think he will have the documents ready within next couple of weeks. :roll:

- Has anyone here used immigration solicitors to prepare their case (not for appeal but for the application of visa)?

- Would you recommend using solicitors even for the initial preparation of my application documents? Or are the documents simple to put together once you now what is required. I just want peace of mind...

If so, can anyone suggest/recommend any solicitors from West Midlands area, please.
Salaam Majority of people prepare the documents themselves some paperwork required by solicitor. I did mine myself all my paperwork was in order, atleast you know you have done everything and covered practically everything you can think of. Solicitor will charge you a fee some upto £600

Best thing is there is alot of info on the forum and ask other members whom will help you and advise on right direction.
If you get stuck and need help just PM me and Insha Allah I will help as much as I can.

Follow the this link by BATLEYKHAN very useful.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

All the best
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Zak_K wrote:Thanks everyone. I'll make sure I specify exactly what documents I included, as my solicitor added details of an appeal regarding third party accomodation which would be useful for quite a few people.

Also, Even though I did have traditional itemised billing (a minute a day or so), I credited my wifes phone. So even though we talked an hour a day it cost next to nothing, and it left a paper trail (and obviously the ECO was satisfied).

I'm at work right now but I'll get on to it when I get home.

Zak.

Hi!
Could you tell me how you credited your wife's phone?
Thanks!

minty

Post by minty » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 pm

InshaAllah we should have three October applicant results tomorrow

Imranshah
Tanvir786
marr

I pray that each of you get a the visa for your spouse and are reunited ASAP

Please keep us updated on the forum

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:19 am

MojoJojo wrote:
Zak_K wrote:Thanks everyone. I'll make sure I specify exactly what documents I included, as my solicitor added details of an appeal regarding third party accomodation which would be useful for quite a few people.

Also, Even though I did have traditional itemised billing (a minute a day or so), I credited my wifes phone. So even though we talked an hour a day it cost next to nothing, and it left a paper trail (and obviously the ECO was satisfied).

I'm at work right now but I'll get on to it when I get home.

Zak.

Hi!
Could you tell me how you credited your wife's phone?
Thanks!
Im also eager to learn this, please do share with us all.

K444my many thanks, thats defintly what I needed! May Allah Reward you for your efforts.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 am

hi
the status changed today to
Processed application returned to AC

called thm they saying its still in process

any clue ?

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 am

Hi,

My brother in law sbmitted his passport on 15/12/10 at gerry's islamabad after receiing call in letter(call in letter slight differeent from what others received, our letter said decison should be reviewed where as other letter said decsion overturned and visa granted) I don't know if this means something different but his passport status changed today to VISA APPLICATION UNDER PROCESS AT THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ON 05/01/11(though they have the american style date lol)
Does this mean they have only started working on the application? it it the embassy that changed the passport status or gerry's islambad?a bit confused.

I will also update this forum when his passport is ready for collection so others can get rough idea of how long will their stamping take!!