ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

musriz
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by musriz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 am

Hi

I emailed the UKVI enquiry service yesterday morning.
This is the reply I received back.

Dear M********

Thank you for contacting the UK Visa & Immigrations international enquiry service. I am afraid your application is still under an assessment by one of the entry clearance officers. However if your application is not finalised within 24-week you can get back to us and so the case can be escalated and allocated to the relevant department. In such a case please provide the list of information as listed below. Applicant's full name: Application Reference number: Date of Birth Place of submission: Date of submission: Type of visa applied for: Passport number: Nationality: We hope that this has answered your query. For any further details or should you need to contact us again please refer to our website at http://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ Kind regards, Lee UK Visas & Immigration

In my email I asked 2 questions
Has my application been assessed by an ECO
Will my application be processed within your 24 weeks service standards as it has already been 21 full working weeks 105 full working days.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:31 am

I guess they're still 'conducting further enquiries' on your application musriz. You may as well wait till the 24 weeks are up, if then you still haven't got a decision, escalate it.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:37 am

Please can someone help me, I need some help and guidance on how the documents are submitted at Gerrys.

We have all the paperwork ready and will pay the fees online tomorrow, and try and get and appointment for next week sometime.

All the papework is in a display file, with clear see through pages, in which all documents are, chronologically orderes and labelled, for example, "employment, bank statements, contact......"

Will they accept my folder, in the order I have put the paperwork in, or will they require everything to be submitted in a plain envelope?

How do they want the paperwork to be given in? I've been told I should take everything out of my file and just stick in an envelope to hand in at Gerrys. I've spend soo much time creating the file in order, so it's as easy as possible for the ECO to find what he's looking for, and so he can refer back to different information in the file with ease.

How is the paperwork to be submitted, is there a requirement, or is it ok to hand in my neat file?

Please help!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 am

the_silk_route wrote:Please can someone help me, I need some help and guidance on how the documents are submitted at Gerrys.

We have all the paperwork ready and will pay the fees online tomorrow, and try and get and appointment for next week sometime.

All the papework is in a display file, with clear see through pages, in which all documents are, chronologically orderes and labelled, for example, "employment, bank statements, contact......"

Will they accept my folder, in the order I have put the paperwork in, or will they require everything to be submitted in a plain envelope?

How do they want the paperwork to be given in? I've been told I should take everything out of my file and just stick in an envelope to hand in at Gerrys. I've spend soo much time creating the file in order, so it's as easy as possible for the ECO to find what he's looking for, and so he can refer back to different information in the file with ease.

How is the paperwork to be submitted, is there a requirement, or is it ok to hand in my neat file?

Please help!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Gerrys will more then likely put all your hard-work of organising the documents into their own organised pile. Make photo-copies of every think twice. One set of originals will be submitted to Gerrys, and one set of photo-copies will also be submitted to them. One set of photo-copies for yourself.

They put all our organised documents in to their own pile. No-need to put them in a ring binded folder. It is better to put the documents in to plastic wallets, and tie them by string.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:07 am

the_silk_route wrote:Please can someone help me, I need some help and guidance on how the documents are submitted at Gerrys.

I pretty much arranged my documents just like you, categorised and filed. However, when wife went to gerrys they almost messed up the file but luckily my younger brother was with my wife so he had a word with them. I think gerrys like to feel the paper so I suggest you don't use any plastic envelopes and make sure all your wife's documents are on the top of the file followed by your marriage certificates, your passport copy, work papers, bank statements, house papers, communication records and finally finish the file with a detailed letter explaining how you meet all the criteria's, ensure you end the letter with an emotionally rhetorical question.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 am

prayforus wrote:I guess they're still 'conducting further enquiries' on your application musriz. You may as well wait till the 24 weeks are up, if then you still haven't got a decision, escalate it.
Well this was my first email to them since.
I just wanted to know if my application was being processed or sitting on the shelf gathering dust.
Now I plan to just wait till 24 weeks are almost up and then contact them again. Im in my 22nd week so not long to go insha'Allah.
Any news your side ?
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:17 am

musriz wrote:
prayforus wrote:I guess they're still 'conducting further enquiries' on your application musriz. You may as well wait till the 24 weeks are up, if then you still haven't got a decision, escalate it.
I just wanted to know if my application was being processed or sitting on the shelf gathering dust.
Now I plan to just wait till 24 weeks are almost up and then contact them again. Im in my 22nd week so not long to go insha'Allah.
Any news your side ?

I enquired yesterday about it, and they responded back to me today saying it's still showing on their system as of today that further enquiries are being conducted. I won't be e-mailing them now until 24 weeks are up. I'm just praying they contact us with good news.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:31 am

prayforus wrote:
musriz wrote:
Any news your side ?[/quote

I enquired yesterday about it, and they responded back to me today saying it's still showing on their system as of today that further enquiries are being conducted. I won't be e-mailing them now until 24 weeks are up. I'm just praying they contact us with good news.
In Shaa Allah prayforus. Im very positive, with the will of Allah we will have positive results
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:40 am

I did the same as you ! Gerry's took everything out of the see through files. They arranged it in their own order.
As mentioned previously, make plenty of copies. And dont forget to make a copy of the full documents for yourself.
Best of luck.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:51 pm

I did the same as you. My hubby said they got everything out of the plastic wallets and just put it all in a large envelope. They said there's no point sorting it out as it will go from place to place and will get mixed up anyway.
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:03 pm

To Nadizee

Congratulations to you too. I didnt ntice you also got visa granted.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

haider12
Newly Registered

Post by haider12 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 pm

we got our visa!
here's our timeline:

Submission of Online Application: 18-May-2014
Submission of Application at VSF: 21-May-2014 (Islamabad)
Receipt of Application by BHC: 21-May-2014

Request for Additional Documents: 10-June-2014 (via Phone call)
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 11-June-2014 (via Email)

Request for Additional Documents (Again) : 12-June-2014
Documents Sent (again. this time obtained from the bank with a stamp) : 13-June-2014

RFC: 19-June-2014
Visa granted. Stamped: 18-june-2014

All of your individual problems and solutions were of monumental help be it in providing support or raising our moral. Really grateful to you all for sharing your problems at the board.

We applied for Category A and Cash savings. i personally think it was the cash savings that got us through.

we did not submit a P60

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Congratulations Haider.

You applied with income Category A, and savings category D.

How could the payslips not match the netted income into your bank account? Or is that a typing error on your part?

I see you edited your post. Guess it was a mistake you made.

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Nadizee wrote:
prayforus wrote:
Nadizee wrote:Asslam-u-alykum to all
Feeling sooooo happy today,,,,gt my visa ,,,,recevd call yesterday nd collect passport nd visa granted
After long w8,,,finally stamped thanx to Allah
May Allah pak bless u all
MashAllah congratulations Nadizee. Can you share your process experience with everyone, i.e.; category used, submission date, date of visa issue, any problems you had during the process.

Thank you.[/quote
Thank u
Applied with income nd cash saving
Yes I applied 24/10/2013
Didn,t change my status at all
Till march no responce
1st April Mp send mail
5th May ask for additional documents
20th may receved by BHC ibd
10 June acknowledgment letter recevd by me
16 June RFC
(13 June stamped)
17 June gt passport nd was over the moon lolz
This is fantastic our timeline been very similar from start :D
Just that I applied on 30 10 2013

They asked for extra documents

Which they received 22nd May

2 days after us

Things looking positive :D

What's this acknowledgment letter u received ?

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Looks like the Cat A + D cases are finally getting looked at. I emailed my MP today and have had a response that they will be contacting the Home Office. Maybe they can make sure an ECO finally picks up and starts assessing my hubby's application

saif414029
Newly Registered

Post by saif414029 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:14 pm

haider12 wrote:we got our visa!
here's our timeline:

Submission of Online Application: 18-May-2014
Submission of Application at VSF: 21-May-2014 (Islamabad)
Receipt of Application by BHC: 21-May-2014

Request for Additional Documents: 10-June-2014 (via Phone call)
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 11-June-2014 (via Email)

Request for Additional Documents (Again) : 12-June-2014
Documents Sent (again. this time obtained from the bank with a stamp) : 13-June-2014

RFC: 19-June-2014
Visa granted. Stamped: 18-june-2014

All of your individual problems and solutions were of monumental help be it in providing support or raising our moral. Really grateful to you all for sharing your problems at the board.

We applied for Category A and Cash savings. i personally think it was the cash savings that got us through.

we did not submit a P60
Well that very good news.

What questions did they asked from you, As i got a call from them but i was at work so straight went voice mail they didn't leave any message. i am worried now. can you please share ur experience i waited all day today for their call but no call today :(.

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:52 pm

[quote="the_silk_route"]Please can someone help me, I need some help and guidance on how the documents are submitted at Gerrys.

Please help!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote

Don,t worry if u hav done like that it's ok,,,,as I hav done as well,,,nd further Gerry will tell u nd check all documents Infront of u then will put in there own envelop soo don,t worry,,,,,best of luck

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:00 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Nadizee

Congratulations to you too. I didnt ntice you also got visa granted.
Thanx it's ok u didn,t notice,,,although I was suffering like u from 2012 atlast with the help of Allah visa granted ,,

mooty

Post by mooty » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Has anybody satisfy English Language requirement by providing the educational degree from Pakistan. if yes then What kind of documents have they provided?

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:50 pm

aoa

what to do guys.. pls help
is it something to worry..??
sould i reply to ukvi??

i got this email today from ukvi

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry service. Firstly, I am sorry to know that there were problems with your recent query and for the inconvenience caused. This is not typical of our usual standards and we are going to take immediate steps to correct it. Please note that Settlement Visa applications could take up to 24 weeks to process. In the current case, we need to escalate your concern to our higher authorities as there is no update on your application since 03/02/2014. In order to do so, we need the following details. Please write back to us and we will be more than happy to assist you further: Full Name of the Applicant: GWF Number: Date of Birth: Nationality: Passport number: Type of Visa: Biometric taken date: Date when you visited the visa application centre: Visa application centre's address:
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:53 pm

phaara wrote:aoa

what to do guys.. pls help
is it something to worry..??
sould i reply to ukvi??

i got this email today from ukvi

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry service. Firstly, I am sorry to know that there were problems with your recent query and for the inconvenience caused. This is not typical of our usual standards and we are going to take immediate steps to correct it. Please note that Settlement Visa applications could take up to 24 weeks to process. In the current case, we need to escalate your concern to our higher authorities as there is no update on your application since 03/02/2014. In order to do so, we need the following details. Please write back to us and we will be more than happy to assist you further: Full Name of the Applicant: GWF Number: Date of Birth: Nationality: Passport number: Type of Visa: Biometric taken date: Date when you visited the visa application centre: Visa application centre's address:
Wsalaam I have been waiting since December 2013 with no contact so I don't think it is a big deal that you haven't had a response since February. Send another email to them with the information they have asked so they can get your case looked at

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:58 pm

There seems to be a backlog or delay on Dec/Jan applications , yet April, May June applications have been processed quickly.
Seriously very unfair on us !!
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:00 pm

musriz wrote:There seems to be a backlog or delay on Dec/Jan applications , yet April, May June applications have been processed quickly.
Seriously very unfair on us !!
Musriz, I think from May applications were being dealt at decision making hubs? And the ones before went to BHC Islamabad? That's how I see it as we never got an e-mail last time when we applied. This time round we did mentioning it went to the decision making hub, in the city which we applied in.

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:08 pm

thankyou for guidance..

yes i will email back to ukvi..

let see how soon they escalate becoz yesterday they reply me that your application is still waiting for eco to assess ( somebody said to me that waiting to assess by eco is good sign and its nearer to rfc) so i was a bit relax that inquiries done.. but today they email me like this.. how r they processing no one can understand... :|
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:10 pm

phaara wrote:thankyou for guidance..

yes i will email back to ukvi..

let see how soon they escalate becoz yesterday they reply me that your application is still waiting for eco to assess ( somebody said to me that waiting to assess by eco is good sign and its nearer to rfc) so i was a bit relax that inquiries done.. but today they email me like this.. how r they processing no one can understand... :|
Waiting to be assessed suggests to me that it hasn't even been picked up so I don't know why someone told you it's near to RFC. That's probably why you got that response today