ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 am

I am sorry to say the refusal on which they have based their decison is serious.You will need a very good solicitor to try and overturn the deciosn. The refusal is based on your husbands previous attempts to stay in this country by the different methods or attempst that he made to stay in this country.

I am afraid You will need a good solicitor to deal with this issue.It is best you stick to his advice rather tahn asking people on this forum for opinions.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, i am seeking legal advice on this i just also wanted some peoples point of veiw, and as for my usbands previouse entry clearence attempts none of it was against the rules which is why im a little confused, but i also did read this paragraph on the UKBA website

If an ECO only refuses under paragraph 320 and an appeal is allowed, entry clearance will have to be issued as the ECO cannot then consider the substantive application.

?
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

shahid khan

hi

Post by shahid khan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:27 pm

HI every one i need help i have applied for my mrs on 15 of november and iam still waiting for response from bhc. i have chicked on there site it says that your application is been under process at BHC. i dont how long it going to take?
any reply will be apreciated tnx

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 pm

My sympathies are with you Sammad. Now I'm seriously concerned.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Sammad wrote:my wife picked up her papers today, and no visa, it was rejected, saying bank statements were not provided.

----------------

faxed to laywer, he said they've made a mistake, since the bank statements are in the pack they handed back to my wife.

Rest of it was satisfactory such as employment and wage slips. I don't understand how they missed the bank statements since the bank statements, where in the application.

Lawyer said, it should get overturned without going to court, and that they have just made a simple mistake.
Sorry to hear that your wife visa has been refused, however I would take what your solicitors says with a pinch of salt that its a simple misatke and it will be overturned quickly. I think there will be more than that to the refusal.

What is the wording of the refusal. I know sometimes teh ECO are a bit incompetent, but not that incompetent to miss the papers that you say were attached to application.

Take it from me lawyers will say anything to get more money out of you. No doubt they will tell you to appeal now as that is the only option left for you. How much are they going to charge you for that?.

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Batley Khan what do you make of this email please:

My wife's application was submitted at Islamabad on 16/11/10 and I have just received a rather vague email from visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk after I asked for an update on the application. They normally have been saying it's still under process but today the reply was this:

Thank for your email.

You will be notified by Gerry’s staff once your passport is ready for return. Please check your application status at www.ukvacpk.com

Thank you

Now does this mean it has been processed??? It's killing me not knowing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Salaam Sammad,

I am really sorry to hear that, inshAllah it should get overturned. Don't worry and keep faith in Allah swt.

minty

Post by minty » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Sammad wrote:my wife picked up her papers today, and no visa, it was rejected, saying bank statements were not provided.

----------------

faxed to laywer, he said they've made a mistake, since the bank statements are in the pack they handed back to my wife.

Rest of it was satisfactory such as employment and wage slips. I don't understand how they missed the bank statements since the bank statements, where in the application.

Lawyer said, it should get overturned without going to court, and that they have just made a simple mistake.
I Pray your decision gets overturned and things are made easy for you. Please share the refuals letter with the forum, as there may be words of advice or diercetion that could be offered to you.

minty

Post by minty » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Saahilkill and shahid khan please can you refer to the spreadsheet below and provide your details so i can add to the spreadsheet

thanks

minty

Post by minty » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Saahilkill wrote:Batley Khan what do you make of this email please:

My wife's application was submitted at Islamabad on 16/11/10 and I have just received a rather vague email from visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk after I asked for an update on the application. They normally have been saying it's still under process but today the reply was this:

Thank for your email.

You will be notified by Gerry’s staff once your passport is ready for return. Please check your application status at www.ukvacpk.com

Thank you

Now does this mean it has been processed??? It's killing me not knowing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saahilkill it means exactly what it says.

Gerrys will contact you once your document have reached them from BHC. that could be between 1 day and 3 weeks. I and many others are also in a similar position to yourself.

Sumy
Newly Registered

Post by Sumy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Salaam everyone,

im new on this forum even though ive been following silently. I would please like some advice. I submitted my husbands application on the 1st of october 2009 in mirpur VAC and unfortunately it has today been refused 13/01/11. Below is the desicion word for word:-

You have stated that your sponsor will maintain you in the United Kingdom. You claim that your sponsor is employed as a receptionist for ??????? with an income of ???????? per month.As evidence of this claim you have submitted your sponsors bank statements and payslips. Whilst the payslips and bank statements cover the period june to august, they do not exceed beyond august. From the information aquired( detailed in the document verification report), i am not satisfied that your sponsor is currntly employed as claimed. You have failed to provide any satisfactory evidence such as a letter from HM Revenue and customs or evidence of your sponsors national insurance contributionsto demonstrate taht your sponsor is self employed and has the income that you have claimed. I am therefore not satisfied that you will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds.

now first of all they have made a couple of mistakes.

I did submit a letter from HM revenue and customs, along with a tax coding form. Why was this not considered. Secondly first they say i am employed as a receptionist and then mention taht NI contributions dont prove im self employed. I made it clear i am not self employed but employed as a recptionist.

Also, altough there were wage slips from june to august and we submited the case in october, this was because my husbands pasport was received late, then the date for TB test and case submission were late, so the documents were just lying in PK for a month before we could submit. so the pasport and TB test basically take all dat time. I guess this is why they said there is no evidence after august.

Please can sum1 advice what i can do. I am so depressed about this. However, i have got fresh evidence after august for example wage slips, bank statements, employer letter, and will be getting more evidence from HM revenue. Can any1 please advice is there anything else i should submit with the appeal.

Also i was not cantacted at work. Absouloutly no enquiry was made what so eva, so i am worried what they mean by deciding the result based on information AQUIRED. Eventhough i have heard of people cumin in as a disguise but no new face was seen in our office.

I am so confused on what to do...i can provide further evidence but am relly stressed bout what they mean by info aquired.

Can sum1 please advice??????? :( :(

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:42 pm

minty wrote:
Saahilkill wrote:Batley Khan what do you make of this email please:

Thank for your email.

Thank you

Saahilkill it means exactly what it says.

Gerrys will contact you once your document have reached them from BHC. that could be between 1 day and 3 weeks. I and many others are also in a similar position to yourself.
But they didn't say it has been processed so that is why I find this email unclear? Was your email similar to this?

minty

Post by minty » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Sumy wrote:Salaam everyone,

im new on this forum even though ive been following silently. I would please like some advice. I submitted my husbands application on the 1st of october 2009 in mirpur VAC and unfortunately it has today been refused 13/01/11. Below is the desicion word for word:-

You have stated that your sponsor will maintain you in the United Kingdom. You claim that your sponsor is employed as a receptionist for ??????? with an income of ???????? per month.As evidence of this claim you have submitted your sponsors bank statements and payslips. Whilst the payslips and bank statements cover the period june to august, they do not exceed beyond august. From the information aquired( detailed in the document verification report), i am not satisfied that your sponsor is currntly employed as claimed. You have failed to provide any satisfactory evidence such as a letter from HM Revenue and customs or evidence of your sponsors national insurance contributionsto demonstrate taht your sponsor is self employed and has the income that you have claimed. I am therefore not satisfied that you will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds.

I did submit a letter from HM revenue and customs, along with a tax coding form. Why was this not considered. Secondly first they say i am employed as a receptionist and then mention taht NI contributions dont prove im self employed. I made it clear i am not self employed but employed as a recptionist.

Also, altough there were wage slips from june to august and we submited the case in october, this was because my husbands pasport was received late, then the date for TB test and case submission were late, so the documents were just lying in PK for a month before we could submit. so the pasport and TB test basically take all dat time. I guess this is why they said there is no evidence after august.

Please can sum1 advice what i can do. I am so depressed about this. However, i have got fresh evidence after august for example wage slips, bank statements, employer letter, and will be getting more evidence from HM revenue. Can any1 please advice is there anything else i should submit with the appeal.

Also i was not cantacted at work. Absouloutly no enquiry was made what so eva, so i am worried what they mean by deciding the result based on information AQUIRED. Eventhough i have heard of people cumin in as a disguise but no new face was seen in our office.

I am so confused on what to do...i can provide further evidence but am relly stressed bout what they mean by info aquired.

Very sorry to hear about the news, maybe Batleykhan can advise

Please can you confirm when your application was ready for collection on website so i can update the spreadsheet.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Sumy wrote:Salaam everyone,

Sorry to hear about the refusal. Dont worry does seem like they have made some mistakes as either getting mixed up with another case or so. When reading the refusal it is confusing as they state you work as receptionist and on other hand state self employed? That can be clarified so should not be a problem.
Wage slips and bank statements should be for atleast 6 months to show money in account and that you can support spouse.
If you did provide HM letter and taxing code that needs to be pointed out when you submit new evidence. If you get the evidence you state together it should be sufficient.
I am not an immigration expert so would advise you seek legal advise on this before you send any paperwork off.
Im sure Batleykhan will be able to shed some advise on this if not just PM Batleykhan he is the one who will point you in right direction.

All the best with your appeal as there is a few of us in the same boat like myself so don't worry. Just make sure you get all evidence you need.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Sammad wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

----------------

Sorry to hear that your wife visa has been refused, however I would take what your solicitors says with a pinch of salt that its a simple misatke and it will be overturned quickly. I think there will be more than that to the refusal.

What is the wording of the refusal. I know sometimes teh ECO are a bit incompetent, but not that incompetent to miss the papers that you say were attached to application.

Take it from me lawyers will say anything to get more money out of you. No doubt they will tell you to appeal now as that is the only option left for you. How much are they going to charge you for that?.
I don't have the copy at the moment, but he said it is only that about bank statements. Double checked with wife and she says bank statements are in there.

He said there is not even any other minor issue to, which is surprising, his words: "since they always add at least two issues..."

it's a no win no fee basis, so appeal is the best option at least then we can submit all the documents and this time they can't say they are not in there, since appeal is done in the UK.

Lawyers charged my about £120, including doing house report etc. Appeal's are on a no win no fee basis.
Good luck to you on your appeal. I have no doubt you will win as in 95% of cases, the appeal is won by the applicant with or without solicitors....................in which case they will charge you.

I would therefore ask them how much they are going to charge you if you win. .I would be suprised if its less than £500.

Like I said good luck to you

azzy
Newly Registered

Post by azzy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 pm

asalam brothers and sisiters
masha allah my wife has picked up her passport today and she got the visa.
sorry to hear about the recent refusals. insha allah they will soon be overturned.

minty you can update the spreadsheet please:
status changed yesterday on 12/01/11 to ready for collection.
collected today with visa stamp.

thanks to all the valuable information provided on this site by all the members and esp batley khan and his brilliant post. also thanks to minty for spreadsheet compilation keeps you aware of what timescales are.

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Minty for the spreadsheet

App submitted at ISL 16/11/10
Forwarded to BHC 16/11/10
Under Process 2/12/10
Email decision 13/01/11? Still not sure about this.

Sumy
Newly Registered

Post by Sumy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:05 pm

salaam

Congrats to azzy, and sorry 2 hear bout da refusal sammad. They just refused ova petty reasons, i guess it wasnt our luky day. Anyways Allah does everything for the best!!!!!

Minty for the spreadsheet:-

Application submitted: Mirpur 01/10/10
Forwarded to BHC: 01/10/10
Under process: 14/10/10
Email decision: 22/12/10
Ready for Collection: 12/01/2011

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Could anyone else please tell me if they have received a similar email to mine and whether it was indeed the decision email, most of the decision emails I have seen state clearly that the app has been processed.

Thanks for your email.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 pm

azzy wrote:asalam brothers and sisiters
sorry to hear about the recent refusals. insha allah they will soon be overturned.

thanks to all the valuable information provided on this site by all the members and esp batley khan and his brilliant post. also thanks to minty for spreadsheet compilation keeps you aware of what timescales are.
C0ngratulation Azzy on your success. You must live round the corner from me in Batley????

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am

azzy wrote:asalam brothers and sisiters

Great news and all the best in life.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

Jattboi

Re: hi

Post by Jattboi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 am

shahid khan wrote:HI every one i need help i have applied for my mrs on 15 of november and iam still waiting for response from bhc. i have chicked on there site it says that your application is been under process at BHC. i dont how long it going to take?
any reply will be apreciated tnx
hi i applied 15 nov in delhi india still w8ing settlement visa

shahid khan

hind

Post by shahid khan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Minty update

Aplication submited 15/11/2010
Under process at BHC 01/11/2010

unique012

Post by unique012 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Wow congratulations thats great news, may Allah swt give u all the sucess and happiness in life. Ameen. :D

unique012

Post by unique012 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:23 pm

The above message was to Azzy sorry about not writing ur name and it applies to all those people who have recieved their visas. :D

azzy
Newly Registered

Post by azzy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 pm

thank you sumy kaamy and unique.
thanks for the heads up. i pray insha allah the rest of the guys and gals will be getting good news very soon. and hopefully all appeals will get overturned.
oh yeah and batley khan i am your neighbour from dewsbury :D