ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FZ

Post by FZ » Tue May 05, 2009 9:06 am

Hi every one

Finally i have got my visa (Tier 1 Ext)

Applied on 5th March

Application Received by HO 6th March

Ho rang my emp on 8th April

App aproved 30th April

Docs received on 2nd May

shubham_arora2001

Post by shubham_arora2001 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:13 am

Hi ppl,

I Applied for my visa on 23/03/09 and today when I called them they just told me that my application is awaiting consideration, does that mean that my application has been there for 6 weeks and has not even been looked at?

kams19

Post by kams19 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:22 am

shubham_arora2001 wrote:Hi ppl,

I Applied for my visa on 23/03/09 and today when I called them they just told me that my application is awaiting consideration, does that mean that my application has been there for 6 weeks and has not even been looked at?
Buddy even same is the case with me, i have applied on 16th march and its still awaiting consideration. It seems the caseworker who has been alloted our application is/was on leave and hence there has been no change in status and yet awaiting consideration.
It is frustrating to see that people who have applied even 15days later than me are getting thier visas by now but we are still waiting.
I feel helpless and cant do anything...

How many more like us?

FZ

Post by FZ » Tue May 05, 2009 10:58 am

kams19 wrote:

Buddy even same is the case with me, i have applied on 16th march and its still awaiting consideration. It seems the caseworker who has been alloted our application is/was on leave and hence there has been no change in status and yet awaiting consideration.
It is frustrating to see that people who have applied even 15days later than me are getting thier visas by now but we are still waiting.

How many more like us?
Guys,

I was getting the same answers till 30th of April when rang the HO but
you see i received my doc back on 2nd May. and my visa had been approved on 30th but even that the ho adviser didnt tell me about the status till last minute

So i think this is their general answer. moreover once i have been told by one ho adviser that initially my app has been considered and now awaiting for further consideration i guess when their manager is looking finally after case workers dicision.

So dont worry this is the positive answer hopefully you would get the visa soon.

Good Luck
Farukh

kams19

Post by kams19 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:02 am

FZ wrote:
kams19 wrote:

How many more like us?
Guys,

you see i received my doc back on 2nd May. and my visa had been approved on 30th but even that the ho adviser didnt tell me about the status till last minute

So i think this is their general answer. moreover once i have been told by one ho adviser that initially my app has been considered and now awaiting for further consideration i guess when their manager is looking finally after case workers dicision.

So dont worry this is the positive answer hopefully you would get the visa soon.

Good Luck
Farukh
Thanks for ur support Farukh.
Just wanted to confirm if you too were getting awaiting conisderation response? or Under consideration??
and when did u apply for visa?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue May 05, 2009 11:10 am

kams19 wrote: Thanks for ur support Farukh.
Just wanted to confirm if you too were getting awaiting conisderation response? or Under consideration??
Hi Kams..

sorry for the delayed response as i am travelling

so just replied to ur query at ur PM... cheers

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue May 05, 2009 3:24 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Hello All,

I though I would wish my timelines of the application

Application Posted by Royal Mail -> 24th March
Application Received by HO --> 25th March
Money Debited from Account --> 27th March
Acknowledgment Letter received --> 27th March (dated 26th March)

Waiting for result (fingers crossed !! ) ...All the best to all you guys as well who are waiting for results....
As 6 weeks completed today, I called up HO this afternoon to track the status of my application. They told me it is 'Awaiting Further Consideration' . When I asked whether they are waiting for any information from me or my employer, she said they dont have that information but they may be waiting for some information from employer. I checked with my HR, she has not received any query so far.

Is anyone else as well in the similar situation. Does Awaiting Further consideration always mean they are waiitng for response from someone?????

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:45 pm

miki wrote:
vt_76 wrote:Miki,

Mine also status changed to Awaiting Further Consideration from Under Consideration when I called this afternoon...I know my employer sent letter back with details last monday [Apr 20th]...

So hopefully we will hear good news next week...I will also make a complaint next week about taking so long [from feb last week to now]

VT

Hope so VT.

Today status is changed to under consideration again.

Also HO told that they never withdraw any application on the basis of Urgent treatment consideration.

If somebody asks explicitly than only they withdraw application.

So no need to specify anything while applying UT.

Hi Miki,

Can you please tell me where I can find Urgent treatment consideration form?...I need to send one aswell...I dont want to take chance as my visa will expire in Jun. status is same "under consideration" when I called this afternoon.

Thanks a lot.

VT

miki

Post by miki » Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 pm

vt_76 wrote: Hi Miki,

Can you please tell me where I can find Urgent treatment consideration form?...I need to send one aswell...I dont want to take chance as my visa will expire in Jun. status is same "under consideration" when I called this afternoon.

Thanks a lot.

VT

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... smp/urgent

For fax No and address please give a call to HO as they will provide exact address and fax no. of the HO office where your application and all other documents are located.

Now days I stopped calling HO as no much use. All the best VT.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:40 am

As 6 weeks completed today, I called up HO this afternoon to track the status of my application. They told me it is 'Awaiting Further Consideration' . When I asked whether they are waiting for any information from me or my employer, she said they dont have that information but they may be waiting for some information from employer. I checked with my HR, she has not received any query so far.

Is anyone else as well in the similar situation. Does Awaiting Further consideration always mean they are waiitng for response from someone?????
yep mine is under further consideration for 4 weeks now......they say it means they are waiing for some replies etc..
:-)

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:40 am

yep mine is under further consideration for 4 weeks now......they say it means they are waiing for some replies etc..
:-)

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks Miki. Let me know the status when you get it.
miki wrote:
vt_76 wrote: Hi Miki,

Thanks a lot.

VT

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... smp/urgent

For fax No and address please give a call to HO as they will provide exact address and fax no. of the HO office where your application and all other documents are located.

Now days I stopped calling HO as no much use. All the best VT.

shubham_arora2001

Post by shubham_arora2001 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 am

hi ppl,

I am thinking of applying for UT, do I need to send the form ?? or just a letter... I note from the form that it is for HSMP and not tier 1

sashi

Post by sashi » Wed May 06, 2009 12:09 pm

shubham_arora2001,

I don't think so that form is required now.
I have applied for UT for my dependant application.The home office agent said i need to sent the request letter with supporting documents (if any).They asked me to mention main applicant name , dependant names , DOB , Nationality , passport no and home office ref number.

For me they asked me to sent to crodyn office since i have,'t received any reference number from home office ( but home office agents able to see the application in the system based on royal mail ref no)

shubham_arora2001

Post by shubham_arora2001 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:05 pm

hi I faxed over my UT to HO @11:36 - I called them just now and they said that they do not have any info if the UT request has been received. I do have the fax confirmation though and hopefully they will process my application soon!

Reader
Newly Registered

Post by Reader » Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Shubham,
HO do look at fax requests on a daily basis, however whether you would get UT depends on reason n evidence supporting that reason you have forwarded to them & the fact how much time has already been passed since they received your application .

if you want to send something via post , make sure you do send it to sheffield office.

Reader

djang0
Newly Registered

Post by djang0 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:11 pm

djang0 wrote:Hi friends,

I am in a similar situation as Miki and few others on this forum. I applied for tier 1 on the 9th of March, but my case is still under consideration for 3 straight weeks now. I am calling them daily and only twice it has gone to AFC but switched back to UC within half an hour. I have provided all the necessary documents (original) and the CC agent said that the case worker has accepted all my documents and isn't expecting any more evidence.

Can any senior member advice me what could be going on with my application? I can't check with my employer either as they don't appreciate me switching from WP to tier1.

Please help......
Finally Approved!!!

Timelines:

Date of Application: 04-March-2009
Date received by HO: 05-March-2009
Ref Receieved: 09-March-2009
Visa Approved : 06-April-2009
Paper received: 06-May-2009 :o

It took exactly one month to receive my documents back from the date of approval. Had to change my wedding date, anyways all for good :)

Its worth mentioning that whenever I called HO after 6 weeks, the status was always 'under consideration' even though it was approved long time ago. So the status what they give doesn't make any sense-at least in my case. A big thanks to this forum for helping me when things were getting under my nerves. Good luck to everyone who are waiting and would be more than happy to share my thoughts if required!!!!

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:41 pm

djang0 wrote:

I am in a similar situation as Miki and few others on this forum. I applied for tier 1 on the 9th of March, but my case is still under consideration for 3 straight weeks now. I am calling them daily and only twice it has gone to AFC but switched back to UC within half an hour. I have provided all the necessary documents (original) and the CC agent said that the case worker has accepted all my documents and isn't expecting any more evidence.

Can any senior member advice me what could be going on with my application? I can't check with my employer either as they don't appreciate me switching from WP to tier1.

Please help......
Finally Approved!!!

Timelines:

It took exactly one month to receive my documents back from the date of approval. Had to change my wedding date, anyways all for good :)

Its worth mentioning that whenever I called HO after 6 weeks, the status was always 'under consideration' even though it was approved long time ago. So the status what they give doesn't make any sense-at least in my case. A big thanks to this forum for helping me when things were getting under my nerves. Good luck to everyone who are waiting and would be more than happy to share my thoughts if required!!!!

Congrats :)

any idea why it took 1 month to get documents after visa approval?
HO recd my application 2 days before yours..still waiting..

VT

djang0
Newly Registered

Post by djang0 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 pm

vt_76 wrote:
djang0 wrote:

Please help......
Finally Approved!!!

Timelines:

Congrats :)

any idea why it took 1 month to get documents after visa approval?
HO recd my application 2 days before yours..still waiting..

VT
Unfortunately I have no idea why it took so long...but they sent it only yesterday by 1st class RD. So I guess that it was lying on someone's desk or in dispatch section gathering dust :roll:

miki

Post by miki » Wed May 06, 2009 11:40 pm

djang0 wrote:

Please help......
Finally Approved!!!

Timelines:

Gr8 news. Congratulations djang0!!

Very strange to know that it took 1 month to post after stamping.

Your case given us some hope that we will get good news soon.

FZ

Post by FZ » Thu May 07, 2009 9:02 am

kams19 wrote:
FZ wrote:
kams19 wrote:

How many more like us?
Guys,

Good Luck
Farukh
Thanks for ur support Farukh.
Wel initialy awaiting for further consideration and when i called them last time on 30th March before getting my docs back they said my app is under consideration

SING_IT
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension approved

Post by SING_IT » Thu May 07, 2009 9:33 am

Hi All,

I got my tier 1 extension approved today and here is my timelines.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 26-Mar-2009 (Morning)
Date Docs reached HO:27-Mar-2009
Date Payment Deducted: 30-Mar-2009
Current Status: Approved
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 06-May-09
Result & VISA stamped: Approved valid until April 2009
Current FLR Status: Tier1 (G)

Wish you all success!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 am

djang0 wrote:

djang0... Congratulations!!! that shd be really a BIG relief on your part...

i think your applicaton status, approval and docs receving experience shd be taken into consideration by others who are waiting for their applications before panicking or worrying why it is taking soo long....

Anyways.. C O N G R A T S!!! and wish you good luck on future stay in UK

kams19

Post by kams19 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

djang0 wrote:

Please help......
Finally Approved!!!

Timelines:

congrats djang0.... i think they might had forgotten to post ur documents ;-)

inna

Re: Tier 1 Extension approved

Post by inna » Thu May 07, 2009 12:58 pm

SING_IT wrote:Hi All,

I got my tier 1 extension approved today and here is my timelines.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 26-Mar-2009 (Morning)
Date Docs reached HO:27-Mar-2009
Date Payment Deducted: 30-Mar-2009
Current Status: Approved
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 06-May-09
Result & VISA stamped: Approved valid until April 2009
Current FLR Status: Tier1 (G)

Wish you all success!
Your dates are almost identical to mine.. but I'm haven't heard anything (yet!) - hopefully I find out soon.

How did they contact you to tell you that you were approved?