ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

safia

appeal

Post by safia » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 pm

salaamz all, congratulations to all those whose visas have been issued and to all those who have been refused well just have patience and allah knows best..
quick question...has anyone sent their appeal papers to loughborough???
i just want to know if they are slow or quick lol..
my soliciotr sent our appeal papers on 24th december 2010 and we've receive no confirmation yet...
'SOF'

batleykhan

Re: appeal

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm

safia wrote:salaamz all, congratulations to all those whose visas have been issued and to all those who have been refused well just have patience and allah knows best..
my soliciotr sent our appeal papers on 24th december 2010 and we've receive no confirmation yet...
Your papers will be sent by Loughbrough to Croydon - Could take 3-4 weeks.

Had yo sent them direct to Croydon you will have saved this time because it is the Manager at Croydon who will review your appeal and make the decison to grant or not to grant visa not AIT at L/brough.

You are unlikely to hear anything for 2- 3 months now till the ECM has reviewed your case and decides whether to stick to old decision or to grant visa.

If its the first then you will get a date hearing from AIT. The date hearing is roughly 6 months after lodging appeal

Hope that helps

minty

Post by minty » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:38 am

Salaam

There are several individuals whose infomation needs updating on the spreadsheet.

Anyone who has been refused, does not need to give reasons if they dont want to. If they do it is helpful for others.

Please can the following provide an update?

July applicant

Zar2009

September Applicant

Tameena

October Applicant

Honey123
Tazie
Minty

Novembver applicant

Yas2010
Sahilkill

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Sammad wrote:my wife picked up her papers today, and no visa, it was rejected, saying bank statements were not provided.

----------------

faxed to laywer, he said they've made a mistake, since the bank statements are in the pack they handed back to my wife.

Rest of it was satisfactory such as employment and wage slips. I don't understand how they missed the bank statements since the bank statements, where in the application.

Lawyer said, it should get overturned without going to court, and that they have just made a simple mistake.
Sorry to hear about it. Dont worry inshallah she will get her visa soon. Seriously i dont know what they do at the embassy, they refused my brothers application his mrs didnt get a visa either on the basis that were did my brother work previously like that matters now since he has been working at his new place over a year.

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Minty that was not a decision email so you can update the spreadsheet.

safia

Re: appeal

Post by safia » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 am

batleykhan wrote:
safia wrote:salaamz all, congratulations to all those whose visas have been issued and to all those who have been refused well just have patience and allah knows best..
Your papers will be sent by Loughbrough to Croydon - Could take 3-4 weeks.

Had yo sent them direct to Croydon you will have saved this time because it is the Manager at Croydon who will review your appeal and make the decison to grant or not to grant visa not AIT at L/brough.

You are unlikely to hear anything for 2- 3 months now till the ECM has reviewed your case and decides whether to stick to old decision or to grant visa.

If its the first then you will get a date hearing from AIT. The date hearing is roughly 6 months after lodging appeal

Hope that helps
thankyou very much batley khan for your reply...its made things alot easier to understand....
'SOF'

minty

Post by minty » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Salaam

Alhumdulillah Alhumdulillah Alhumdulillah

All praise to the disposer of all affairs.

I would like to share the good news with you all that my wife got her visa today.

Please remeber us in your duas....and I pray that all those still waiting get good news.

Thankyou for all your support and help guys

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Post by TANVIR786 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Congrats Minty.

No more white hairs :)

skitis02
Newly Registered

Post by skitis02 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Congrets Minty

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:01 pm

AOA786

Mubark a loot minty wish you all the best and i do dua that Allah gives good news to them for those who refused .

Jazak Allah khair

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:47 pm

minty wrote:Salaam

Alhumdulillah Alhumdulillah Alhumdulillah

All praise to the disposer of all affairs.

I would like to share the good news with you all that my wife got her visa today.

Please remeber us in your duas....and I pray that all those still waiting get good news.

Thankyou for all your support and help guys
Congratulation on your success Minty.

Hope you stay in touch here now that your wife is coming:D :lol: :lol: :wink:

unique012

Post by unique012 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Congratulations minty, thats great news. May Allah give u a happy life together. :D

zaf

wrong dob on nikahnama

Post by zaf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:17 am

hi my nikah namah has wrong date of birth on it [mine] out by one year a mistake done by maulvi. how can this be corrected .
will i have to get a new one done and will we have to all sign it . any advice is appreciated thanks

zaf

wrong dob on nikahnama

Post by zaf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:11 pm

will the union council official just amend the original nikah namah and stamp and sign it or will he give a new one thanks for your reply sammad

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:34 pm

congrats minty..jus make dua for the rest of us eh...lol..

May Allah always keep u and ur wife Happy together!!!..Ameen

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Congratz minty.

minty

Post by minty » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Thankyou everyone for your duas and congratulations.

I appreciate it.

Submit21
Newly Registered

Post by Submit21 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Salaam Alaikum,

I have just registered and so far I have found this forum to be of great help. I am planning to go to Pakistan in 3 months to get married, Inshallah. I would be grateful if someone could advise on the following queries:

1) Is it advisable to make an application for my spouse as soon as we get married in Pakistan? For example, if I take with me proof of income, bank statements, accommodation, and letter of employment. In the meantime my prospective spouse can study for the necessary English test.

Or, is it better to come back to the UK and provide evidence of communication between each other (e.g. calling cards, emails) and then make an application in a few months?

2) I am currently living with my mother in a 2 bed flat that is rented privately. She receives Housing Benefit, but I work Full-Time and contribute to rent. My name is not on the Tenancy or on any Utility bills. Would this situation meet the requirments of suitable accommodation?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of advice.

Jakak Allah Khair.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: wrong dob on nikahnama

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Sammad wrote:
zaf wrote:hi my nikah namah has wrong date of birth on it [mine] out by one year a mistake done by maulvi. how can this be corrected .
will i have to get a new one done and will we have to all sign it . any advice is appreciated thanks
you need to go to union council, and get it changed there. Just take some money with you, and pass it to him and everything will be sorted out. 5,000rs should do it.
Rs.5000 for such a little amenment..I think 200 would be fine..

You know how clearks work in pak...ahahaaa

Shahzad

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 am

Hi Submit21

1) You can apply for a spouse visa as soon as you are married, but you need to gather all the evidence before hand i.e. proof of income, bank statements, accommodation, and letter of employment + provide evidence of communication between each other (emails, phone bills) [Calling cards may not be of any use because it is not possible to prove communication, try something that you can show in the form of bills with numbers mentioned in the bills]. Also make sure that you show that you have met your wife at least once before marraige as well and for evidence provide copy of the stamped page from your passport for the previous visit and some photographs.

She can do the english test before the marriage, as far as I know IELTS tests are valid for 2 years. So once the tests are done you can use the rsults within the 2 years limit.

2) This could be an issue because the house is not owned by your mother and she is renting it. It would be better instead to create a private tenecy agreement for yourself for a double bedroom and show that you are paying the rent as mentioned in the agrrement. Also make sure that the agreement does not expire within the 6 months of you submitting your application, so make the agreement last for possible a year or slightly longer.

I am not an expert and have never gone through this process, I am just a reader on the forum and gathered all the above information through readin on the forum. So please correct me if I am saying anything incorrect, senior members of the bpard should be able to give you better advice and correct me as well.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Submit21
Newly Registered

Post by Submit21 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi Submit21

1) You can apply for a spouse visa as soon as you are married, but you need to gather all the evidence before hand i.e. proof of income, bank statements, accommodation, and letter of employment + provide evidence of communication between each other (emails, phone bills) [Calling cards may not be of any use because it is not possible to prove communication, try something that you can show in the form of bills with numbers mentioned in the bills]. Also make sure that you show that you have met your wife at least once before marraige as well and for evidence provide copy of the stamped page from your passport for the previous visit and some photographs.

She can do the english test before the marriage, as far as I know IELTS tests are valid for 2 years. So once the tests are done you can use the rsults within the 2 years limit.

2) This could be an issue because the house is not owned by your mother and she is renting it. It would be better instead to create a private tenecy agreement for yourself for a double bedroom and show that you are paying the rent as mentioned in the agrrement. Also make sure that the agreement does not expire within the 6 months of you submitting your application, so make the agreement last for possible a year or slightly longer.
Thanks for the reply. Proving communication before marriage will be difficult as contact with hewill be very limted, if any. I am unsure whether staying in Pakistan for a month after the wedding will provide enough evidence of a relationship. Guess I will have to come back to the UK and maintain communication with my wife and then submit an application.

Regarding accommodation, can anyone else confirm what has been stated above. Will I need to rent out another flat?

Jazak Allah Khair.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:38 am

Hi
As I know 2 years limit applies for taking admission.IELTS are valid after 2 years..I would look on my IELTS certificate to confirm this.

Shahzad

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:18 am

Hi Submit21

As far as I know, there is a requirement for the Spouse Visa, that the couple have met before and seen each other. So maybe living in Pakistan for a month after the marraige may not be sufficient to meet all the requirements.

However as you mentioned, another option could be that you get married and come back to UK and within a couple of months apply for the Spouse Visa. I am not sure how long you would need to wait. Since there will be a lot of documents required from your side such as financial, acommodation etc. I believe it would be ideal if you go back again after the marraige and also provide evidence of this trip in your application that you have come back to meet your partner and apply for the visa.

This way I guess your case gets much stronger. On the other hand it all depends on your personal circumstances if you can make this further trip back to meet your partner and submit the application. Make sure that you capture photographs with your partner in any visits you make to Pakistand for evidence purposes.

Maybe senior members of the board can provide more insight to give better options to you.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 am

Submit21 wrote:Salaam Alaikum,

I have just registered and so far I have found this forum to be of great help. I am planning to go to Pakistan in 3 months to get married, Inshallah. I would be grateful if someone could advise on the following queries:

1) Is it advisable to make an application for my spouse as soon as we get married in Pakistan? For example, if I take with me proof of income, bank statements, accommodation, and letter of employment. In the meantime my prospective spouse can study for the necessary English test.

Or, is it better to come back to the UK and provide evidence of communication between each other (e.g. calling cards, emails) and then make an application in a few months?

My advise would be not to rush into things and would therefore suggest you do the latter ratherr than the former. Doing the latter in your own time will enable you to make sure you have every document and evidence required to lodge with your application for it to be a succesful outcome.

I have seen so many refusals where people do things in a rush straight after getting married. Usually they miss one or two crucial points which leads to a refusal and then you have to go through the whole rigmour of appealing and the time and money that costs.

If you do this, then you will need to read the link below my name which will give you indepth details of what you will require as evidence for a succesful outcome.

There is no harm if you pursue your fisrt option if you want to.You never know you may be succesful in that as well

2) I am currently living with my mother in a 2 bed flat that is rented privately. She receives Housing Benefit, but I work Full-Time and contribute to rent. My name is not on the Tenancy or on any Utility bills. Would this situation meet the requirments of suitable accommodation?

If your mother is recieving housing benefit( meaning get her rent paid by local council) than how are you deem to be contributing to the rent????. I dont get this.

If you decide to rent somewhere else like someone here suggested, are you then going to have enough money left to support , maintain and accommodate your hubby with the money you have left after paying rent, bills etc?. I doubt it verymuch

Thirdly a 2 bedroom would be sufficient if there was only you, your mother and hubby living in it,however your problem is that your mother is claiming public funds for a place where you are going to stay. When you declare this on your hubbys application form, I think his visa maybe refused on teh grounds that you are financially able to support your husband without some form of assisatnce from public funds ( ie your mums housing benefit)

On the other hand if you can find a place of your own and can afford to live away from your mum, then it should not be a major problem for you.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of advice.

Jakak Allah Khair.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Salaam everyone,

I am wanting to know when u recieve the letter stating ur decision has been overturned after how long do u recieve the call letter? I haven't recieved anything as yet as it has only been two weeks since I sent the appeal documents, but for my own knowledge I would like to know. Thank you. :D