ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jattboi

income

Post by Jattboi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:51 am

anjum786mohammed wrote:thanks shazad
my income is around £200 per week from my full time job, will this be enough to satisfy money requirements. i save most of it and keep about £200 for myself.
i do not really want to show my temp job, if i dont tell them and they check up from the tax office that i have a second job will they reject it straight away.
thanks in advance
U need to provide evidence that your income is Legit with uk law. Produce your last P60. You must provide atleast 3 months worth of payslips.
Payslips must match your credits on your bank statements. I was refused because of these minors. but ECOs are picking out small mistakes,ending up in a refusal.

A work letter helps stating employees reference.
Provide a healthy bank balance up to 5k Will do. They do carefully examine large deposits in bank accounts so try and get third party support if you think yourself is not comfortable with you finances.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:07 am

zehncars wrote:My situation is tht My wife applied to come to the uk in June but it was rejected in September and I lodged an appeal via my lawyer an we got a letter saying the visa centre in Pakistan had till march 1st to make a decision or it would go to tribunal in uk, now last week my wife got a letter tht the car will be reviewed in Pakistan and to re submit passport and tb test and spouse photocopied passport, she submitted these docs on the 3rd of feb jus 3days ago an said thedate she wished to travel was the 15th of feb. Does any1 know how long it takes to get the stamp and do u think it will come on the specified date tht she put?
Yes it can take about 4-6 weeks on average for such thing

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi,

My wife will be applying soon and I have a few questions.

1. Does my wife have to submit her NIC card (which is in Urdu.) as part of the application or is the card used to gain entrance to the visa application centre.

2. On the applicaiton form it asks, "how often do you meet?". Well, I've been to visit her twice in Pakistan, once when we got married and just recently. So do i put "whenever I go Pakistan" or "twice".

3. Another question asks, "will your spouse be travelling with you", but we are not sure yet if I'll be going or she comes back on her own. What is advisable to put here?

4. How many wedding photos should be provided?

Thanks

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 pm

zehncars wrote:My situation is tht My wife applied to come to the uk in June but it was rejected in September and I lodged an appeal via my lawyer an we got a letter saying the visa centre in Pakistan had till march 1st to make a decision or it would go to tribunal in uk, now last week my wife got a letter tht the car will be reviewed in Pakistan and to re submit passport and tb test and spouse photocopied passport, she submitted these docs on the 3rd of feb jus 3days ago an said thedate she wished to travel was the 15th of feb. Does any1 know how long it takes to get the stamp and do u think it will come on the specified date tht she put?
Hey zehncars wondering where you got to with your appeal?
Masha Allah great news your wife got Visa, you not been on fr ages.

Shouldn't take that long from two weeks onwards depends how quick they process it.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 am

1. Does my wife have to submit her NIC card (which is in Urdu.) as part of the application or is the card used to gain entrance to the visa application centre.
N.I.CARD is used to gain entry to visa centre plus two copies are submitted with documents.You also need NIC to get yours documents back from Visa Centre.
2. On the application form it asks, "how often do you meet?". Well, I've been to visit her twice in Pakistan, once when we got married and just recently. So do i put "whenever I go Pakistan" or "twice".
I leave this question for some senior member like B Khan.
3. Another question asks, "will your spouse be traveling with you", but we are not sure yet if I'll be going or she comes back on her own. What is advisable to put here?
If you will togather then put yes if no then put No.Dont lie
4. How many wedding photos should be provided?
Send as much evidence to prove marriage is geniue.

Shahzad

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Another mile stone for this thread i.e. 500 pages :wink: :twisted: :wink:

Hey Batley khan how you doing? :D

Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

shaad

Post by shaad » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:01 pm

K44MYY wrote:Salaam all

:D Firstly I would like to THANK ALMIGHTY ALLAH for granting my wife her VISA. :D

The appeal got withdrawn before the oral hearing. The process took a total of around 6 months, from when we handed application in first time to getting refused and then putting an appeal through to receiving a call letter today. Masha Allah

From putting appeal in about 6 weeks later "withdrawn" letter came though, this was including Xmas and New Years so guess would have been done earlier, but never to late is it? :D

It has been a tough 6 months from getting refused and not knowing what will happen and when will you get the good news we all wait for from the day Visa App is handed in. I know how it is and as many others are in that situation now, checking the status online to see when will it change. For some it has been a straight forward process with good news after 3-4 months. For those like myself whom had the refusal letter I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through, the stress, worry, thinking will you succeed through appeal or not? what if you have to re-submit etc etc.

What ever it is DON'T give up, you have come this far, and its not the end of the world. Masha Allah there are many people whom give you support but after the day goes by and your on your own thats when things hit you.
Keep strong, have faith in ALLAH and everything will happen just a bit of time. Patience is they key. We don't always get what we want in life WHEN WE WANT IT, we only get it when ALLAH wills and its written.

Don't waste time worrying about it get back in action and see where you went wrong and how you gonna put things right this time. You are given the second chance to get things right. Get legal advise, speak to family ad friends and others whom been through similar situation.

I would like to THANK BATLEY KHAN whom has been very helpful from day one when I joined the forum. Thanks bro and may ALLAH bless you and your family (Ameen). I followed his article and took his views and thoughts on board at initial stage and at appeal stage, spoke to others on this board. Got legal advise and put all my supporting documents together and made sure I didn't miss anything out to give the ECO a chance to stick to original decision. Went through letter 1000x times just to get into my head what they refused us on and what they now require for us to get it right.
What ever is on that letter thats what you need to provide nothing else.

Some solicitors give basic advise and the rest is down to yourself to add the extra to support your case.
Remember every case is unique, do what you think is best and ask Allah for guidance.

Things happen for a reason and thats life for us so keep strong and focused and Insha Allah you will succeed.

I know there are new members here and wish you all the best and would like to thank a few that have supported me:
Tasawar, shazaz, Zahida, yasmin786, Sammad, shaad, riz_ras, corrado, Shadow86, zeddy zed and those not mentioned.

Big thanks to all the moderators and those that have set this forum up. keep it up...Without you people some of us would be lost and wouldn't know where to start and how. Just like myself didn't have a clue, until I came across this forum.

Good luck to all those waiting and all the best in life to those whom have been granted a visa.

Call letter received through post - 2/2/2011

p.s those that have got call letter and got visa stamped I would like to know where you handed it in and how long it took?
As I'm wanting to hand in passport either at Mirpur or Islamabad.
Which is a quicker turn around, I know there time scales but they tend to stamp it within a few weeks.
Mashallah K44MYY,
Congrats and wish you all the very best in your life ahead. I don't think it would make much of a difference in submitting your passports either in Mirpur or Islamabad. It would be only a matter of couple of days in getting your passports from mirpur to ISB.

All the best.

Regds.
Shaad

zehncars

Post by zehncars » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 pm

K44MYY wrote:
Hey zehncars wondering where you got to with your appeal?
Masha Allah great news your wife got Visa, you not been on fr ages.

Shouldn't take that long from two weeks onwards depends how quick they
process it.
Aoa yeh jus been busy with work and then I went to pak for 2months 2 spend yum wit my wife which was great and helped inshallah it doesn't take to long we r dying to be with each other it's been over 2yrs we been married,

On the letter she put she wishes to travel do u think it will come? I've read on the forums it can take upto 8weeks

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Mashallah K44MYY,
Congrats and wish you all the very best in your life ahead. I don't think it would make much of a difference in submitting your passports either in Mirpur or Islamabad. It would be only a matter of couple of days in getting your passports from mirpur to ISB.

All the best.

Regds.
Shaad[/quote]

Thanks Shaad
All the best to you also.
K44MYY

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:55 pm

I have been hearing rumours that the marriage law has changed to 18!

Is it true?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:01 am

Where you hearing these rumours? I would like to get more details on this...

I just checked online there is are no entries in any news reports or anything of that sort and the UK Visa website still states the age to be 21.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 pm

harv wrote:Where you hearing these rumours? I would like to get more details on this...

I just checked online there is are no entries in any news reports or anything of that sort and the UK Visa website still states the age to be 21.

Read about it here

http://freemovement.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -succeeds/

But it has not come into force because teh Home Office are appealing against it, This could take some time yet......... so dont hold to much hope on it

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi BatleyKhan

When you said 'some time', do you think it could take the next 2 years? I know it is a silly question because who can tell when the HO decides to change there laws. Are there any indications in terms of the time frams?
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 pm

i thawt it was just for the armed force visa that was changed bk from 21 to 18...i havent heard about any of the other visas....

sooooo...if the law is going to changed bk to 18, wht bout thoes ppl who had to wait 2/3 years to apply for their hubby/wifes cases again..r they allowed to appeal or summat?...

i mean we r all innocent in all of this...

.my hubbys case was rejected bcos of the new law changed...i've had to wait 2 years go by...its been a lot of money going bk adn forth from UK to Pakostan jus to b with my hubby........

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:34 am

harv wrote:Hi BatleyKhan

When you said 'some time', do you think it could take the next 2 years? I know it is a silly question because who can tell when the HO decides to change there laws. Are there any indications in terms of the time frams?
Hopefully by the end of this year , we will get a definite answer.The Tory government is very strict on immigration, so I have no doubt that this ruling will be challenged to the end, otherwise it opens the floodgate ( as the Daily Mail or The Sun would put it).

Even if the government dont suceed on this one, they will have other things in the pipeline, to make sure that it becomes so hard to get spouses into teh UK, that people will eventually give up doing so............. and that is what they really want to do in the first place.

Have you noticed that since the English test has comeinto place, all Pakistani parents are thinking very carefully who they let their kids marry now....... I think the days of marrying ones uneducated and illerate cousin is gone out of the window now.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 am

Hi batleykhan

Well said, I totally agree as well and thanks for your thoughts!
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Congratulations KAMMY :D

That is great news, mashallah you have been very patient through out the whole process and alhumdulillah your patience has paid off.

Wish you the best and hope it's not too long now for you to be united with you wife :lol:
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

unique012

Post by unique012 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Oh my god, i cant believe it the status has changed to ready for collection. Am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy, i cnt believe it am shaking with shock. Our wait is finally over mashAllah. Thank you Allah swt for making this a quick journey for us and please the people who are waiting for a reply to have a positive and quick response soon inshAllah.

You are all in my duas, be positve and have faith and trust me all will be well and u will be reunited with ur partners soon :-D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:31 pm

For those people on Facebook who want to know and ask question about the English test for spouses in Pakistan, please click on this link

http://www.facebook.com/ielts.pakistan

It gives good advice as to whatt is involved in the test as well as explaining the procedure, cost, location etc.

You can ask questions and find out when tests are as well as teh result of your test

Hope this helps!

sacha001
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by sacha001 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi everbody
Today its 11 weeks since i have applied for my husbands spouse visa. I am deadly nervous. Can someone tell me why its taking so long..
Does someone have same exprience?

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Zahida wrote:Congratulations KAMMY :D

That is great news, mashallah you have been very patient through out the whole process and alhumdulillah your patience has paid off.

Wish you the best and hope it's not too long now for you to be united with you wife :lol:
Thanks Zahida, I know has been a long wait and Alhumdullah made it finally.
Took some time but eventually got there. Hope you good and enjoying married life.
K44MYY

K44MYY

Re:

Post by K44MYY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 pm

sacha001 wrote:Hi everbody
Today its 11 weeks since i have applied for my husbands spouse visa. I am deadly nervous. Can someone tell me why its taking so long..
Does someone have same exprience?
Yep many are still waiting like yourself, i think you will hear something next week. Have a look at the spreadsheet for an indication on time scales. just click on link below.

https://spreadsheets3.google.com/ccc?ke ... u-0I#gid=4

All the best
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 pm

unique012 wrote:Oh my god, i cant believe it the status has changed to ready for collection. Am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy, i cnt believe it am shaking with shock. Our wait is finally over mashAllah. Thank you Allah swt for making this a quick journey for us and please the people who are waiting for a reply to have a positive and quick response soon inshAllah.

You are all in my duas, be positve and have faith and trust me all will be well and u will be reunited with ur partners soon :-D

Great News and all the best in the future, with a proper taste of married life lol
K44MYY

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:25 pm

congrats k44my :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:30 pm

navalaviator wrote:congrats k44my :wink:

Thank You and all praise to Allah for making it happen.
K44MYY