ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daniel97

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:56 am

greatreasons wrote:
Daniel97 wrote:
greatreasons wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm need advice regarding my FLR(FP) application and would be grateful for any help. I'll ask my question then follow up with my back story.

I believe I meet the criteria for indefinite leave based Private life in the UK based on having strong ties in the UK as well as Family life as a parent (5 or 10 year route) and I'm uncertain which category I should tick. Is it possible to tick both.

For indefinite leave to remain this will be long and expensive I believe, however I could have a strong enough case.

Basically I came here as a child age 16, my mum is now a british citizen, I've been year for almost 13 years, closer to 14 really and I do not have a family to go home to. I do not have a relationship with my dad, nor my siblings but they are mostly children anyway, he never took responsibility of me. I'm from the Caribbean - Tobago.

I have a young baby who is british but the dad and I do not have any relationship. It is complicated and there is NO chance of us having a relationship. Sadly he wants nothing to do with my baby, I'm guess I should be happy he registered her and applied for her passport.

I may make this a separate thread as well, but is it possible to tick more than one category for FLR(FP)? If which is my best option?

Hi
You said you came to uk 13yrs ago and then you are 16 yrs old,that means you are 29 now,you can not succeed on Article 8 with that as you have not spend half of your age in uk(14 and half)
Secondly it will be bit difficult to also succeed for the years you spend here on family life regardless your mum or siblings are British citizens,HO will treat your application as an adult,
I think the best option is to use your child for the application,even though you have nothing again with the father,and remember to fill destitute form to the HO,so that you won't be charge for application as you are not working and also when the application is granted,they won't be no recourse to public fund.
Am not a solicitor but I know a lot
Thanks Daniel,

I am currently working though but currently on maternity leave, would that affect my application.

And it's not possible to tick 2 boxes you think?[/
quote]

It won't affect your application,and tick one box,if they refuse the application then you can use the other box to challenge them in court.

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:04 am

bsmith13 wrote:
Daniel97 wrote:
greatreasons wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm need advice regarding my FLR(FP) application and would be grateful for any help. I'll ask my question then follow up with my back story.

I believe I meet the criteria for indefinite leave based Private life in the UK based on having strong ties in the UK as well as Family life as a parent (5 or 10 year route) and I'm uncertain which category I should tick. Is it possible to tick both.

For indefinite leave to remain this will be long and expensive I believe, however I could have a strong enough case.

Basically I came here as a child age 16, my mum is now a british citizen, I've been year for almost 13 years, closer to 14 really and I do not have a family to go home to. I do not have a relationship with my dad, nor my siblings but they are mostly children anyway, he never took responsibility of me. I'm from the Caribbean - Tobago.

I have a young baby who is british but the dad and I do not have any relationship. It is complicated and there is NO chance of us having a relationship. Sadly he wants nothing to do with my baby, I'm guess I should be happy he registered her and applied for her passport.

I may make this a separate thread as well, but is it possible to tick more than one category for FLR(FP)? If which is my best option?

Hi
You said you came to uk 13yrs ago and then you are 16 yrs old,that means you are 29 now,you can not succeed on Article 8 with that as you have not spend half of your age in uk(14 and half)
Secondly it will be bit difficult to also succeed for the years you spend here on family life regardless your mum or siblings are British citizens,HO will treat your application as an adult,
I think the best option is to use your child for the application,even though you have nothing again with the father,and remember to fill destitute form to the HO,so that you won't be charge for application as you are not working and also when the application is granted,they won't be no recourse to public fund.
Am not a solicitor but I know a lot

Hello Daniel 97, since you said I quote

"with that as you have not spend half of your age in uk(14 and half)
Secondly it will be bit difficult to also succeed for the years you spend here on family life regardless your mum or siblings are British citizens,HO will treat your application as an adult".

Please I'm in a similar situation, I've been here for 11 years and 4 months and I'm 15 months short of living half of my life here. I came here when I was 13. Please what do you think about my case please, I've never left the shores of this country since I've been here and all my friends and family are all here and I've been going to school up to university level. Please what do you think. Thanks
Is best for you to wait,than wasting your money,15 months is just round the corner,if they refuse then,you will have peace of mind, you will win the case at the tribunal.

subtlegirl

Post by subtlegirl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:21 am

Half your life stops at age 25.

Speak to a solicitor

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 am

Hello Daniel 97,

I already applied in Janaury and the application got refused. I've lodged a JR already which the home office has already served me with an acknowledgement of service. But so far what do you think.

But moreover by the time I completed the 15 months I will be 26 by then so at the moment I'm just on the bother line.

naba

Post by naba » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:24 am

Hello friends,
Good morning! Congratulations who have been granted and best wishes to those who are still waiting like me. I'm frustrated as it has been about 3 months since I got a positive decision from the tribunal, but yet to receive my BRP. I called HO and every time was told that 'the case hasn't been implemented'. Apart from contacting the call center what can I do now? please advise me. God bless us!

The case:
- applied for 7 years (not British born)
- Refused
- make an Appeal
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BRP

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:18 pm

@naba
Best wishes for you .can you tell me your timeline?
when your application was refused ?
when you make your appeal?
when you get response back for approval ?
thanks

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:55 pm

bsmith13 wrote:Hello Daniel 97,

I already applied in Janaury and the application got refused. I've lodged a JR already which the home office has already served me with an acknowledgement of service. But so far what do you think.

But moreover by the time I completed the 15 months I will be 26 by then so at the moment I'm just on the bother line.
The longer your case with them the stronger your chances,but look for top solicitor beside should in case.

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Tom no engine wrote:Hi guys..congrats to all those who recently got granted their freedom and keep the faith to those who are still waiting..
I just received a biometrics invitation letter but I'm a bit worried because the letter is just for me even though I applied for my daughter of whom I have a residential order for.. I should also mention my ex partner sent in an application for herself and my daughter before I sent in mine..she got her and my daughter's biometrics invitation letters and had them done for the two of them..this was roughly about 2 months ago..my question is could this be the reason HO did not send biometrics invitation letter for my daughter because she already had them done on a separate application?thanks
Hi all..let me start off by congratulating those who got their freedom and to those of us still waiting don't lose hope..Jus thought I update my progress from the last post..I finally received a biometrics invitation letter for my daughter.. that's just over 3 weeks since I had my biometrics done..my lawyer says she is not sure why they missed her out originally..I'm confused by all this..if anyone can shed some light on my situation I would greatly appreciate it.. thanks

Giveita100
Newly Registered

Post by Giveita100 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 am

Hi all...

Hope everyone is well. Just a quick one...

Does anyone know/post the timeline for extension of DL pls?

I was also wondering... have there been any refusal for extension?

I am due for extension in early october aandmy situation is the same except im currently seperated from my wife. We got 2 kids together and I see them more than 3 times weekly. I pay maintenance, all payments regarding schools and nursery I pay for their holidays and everything else. I and my wife are still very much fighting for our relationship as we are currently undergoing counselling. We talk alot and very happy together. Just been advice to finish our counselling before moving back together and that would be january next year. I got a professional job and earn over 30k/year. no conviction and never been involved in crime. My wife and kids are british, we have been married for over 4 years.

As much as I try to stay positive, I dont know if living apart would be classed as change of circumstance. Because everyrhing else is still the same.

I wish everyone applying best of luck... dont give up and God bless

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:32 am

helpme123 wrote:@ems1927 Welcome to the forum.
Our story is almost same as yours . Me and my daughter is also British. Daughter having severe disease she has been treated NHS. Husband is on visitor visa .Applied on 19May Flr fp under article 8 and waiting . But in our case daughter is British and effected with disease . We can prove its very difficult to survive in husband country .Anyways
i am sorry about your refusal , Can you tell me Is your Daughter is British . if yes then how? if i am not wrong she was born in USA. did you applied for her passport ?
i do not much info about court processing but i am praying inshAllah your husband will get positive result . May be some other experience member help you regarding court hearing.
Thanks Can you post your time line

Yes she was born in America, but as I was born in England our lawyer says my daughter is automatically a British citizen. Her passport says America though however my lawyer says her British citizenship is automatic and we can apply for her passport at any time. Here is the timeline - best of luck to you.

Oct 2013- came to uk
Beginning of April - application sent
End of April - biometrics
May 27 - a refusal letter with right to appeal
June 6 - appeal sent
Beginning of July - receipt a court date at start of sept
Mid July - lawyer sent a letter asking for decision to be overturned.
Waiting....

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:05 am

I agree Ems1927 - your daughter automatically has the right of abode as yourself not necessary to apply for a British Passport for her! Well certainly doesnt harm to do so as both US & UK permit dual citizenship!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:08 am

Believe2013 wrote:I agree Ems1927 - your daughter automatically has the right of abode as yourself not necessary to apply for a British Passport for her! Well certainly doesnt harm to do so as both US & UK permit dual citizenship!

Thankyou ! This was the only reason the home office used to reject our application... Does this give us a good chance of winning our appeal? What do you guys think?

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:53 am

Ems1927 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:I agree Ems1927 - your daughter automatically has the right of abode as yourself not necessary to apply for a British Passport for her! Well certainly doesnt harm to do so as both US & UK permit dual citizenship!

Thankyou ! This was the only reason the home office used to reject our application... Does this give us a good chance of winning our appeal? What do you guys think?[/

Yes,you have good chances winning,why don't you apply for your daughter British passport now?because she is British automatically anyway

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:02 am

Can't at the moment as the home office has all the documents we need to do so

Giveita100
Newly Registered

Post by Giveita100 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:17 am

Giveita100 wrote:Hi all...

Hope everyone is well. Just a quick one...

Does anyone know/post the timeline for extension of DL pls?

I was also wondering... have there been any refusal for extension?

I am due for extension in early october aandmy situation is the same except im currently seperated from my wife. We got 2 kids together and I see them more than 3 times weekly. I pay maintenance, all payments regarding schools and nursery I pay for their holidays and everything else. I and my wife are still very much fighting for our relationship as we are currently undergoing counselling. We talk alot and very happy together. Just been advice to finish our counselling before moving back together and that would be january next year. I got a professional job and earn over 30k/year. no conviction and never been involved in crime. My wife and kids are british, we have been married for over 4 years.

As much as I try to stay positive, I dont know if living apart would be classed as change of circumstance. Because everyrhing else is still the same.

I wish everyone applying best of luck... dont give up and God bless

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:22 am

Poor decision making as usual from May & co! You will have the courts overturn the decision no doubt!

Daniel97, hello sir, still going strong i see, thanks for continuing to support us!

Welcome to all new members. Goodluck to those still waiting & appealing. It's mentally exhausting & painful. I feel and share your frustrations. Our confidence and morale may probably be lower than a snake's belly at the moment but with a system like the home office's which is in total disarray and not fit for purpose - Eventually the outcome can only be positive! We can't be ignored forever!

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:32 pm

hi
I was checking different people time line . i perceive that If HO have to refusal your application they send back in 5-6 weeks after biometrics . In my case its been about 7 weeks since bio done and 8 weeks of application sent. What you guys think.
@Denial saying The longer your case with them the stronger your chances
So waiting for good news inshAllah .:)
@ems1927 thanks for sharing your timeline.
I am praying and sure you will get very soon. But dont you think you have to get your daughters passport first then your case would be very straight.Anyways Best of Luck.

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:40 pm

helpme123 wrote:hi
I was checking different people time line . i perceive that If HO have to refusal your application they send back in 5-6 weeks after biometrics . In my case its been about 7 weeks since bio done and 8 weeks of application sent. What you guys think.
@Denial saying The longer your case with them the stronger your chances
So waiting for good news inshAllah .:)
@ems1927 thanks for sharing your timeline.
I am praying and sure you will get very soon. But dont you think you have to get your daughters passport first then your case would be very straight.Anyways Best of Luck.

I hope that is the case for you! I think you'll be hearing very soon. My refusal came close to two months. Yes looking back we should've got a passport but our lawyer said it wasn't necessary. I guess we thought the home office would understand their own rules and know it was automatic! Obviously wishful thinking. We can only hope now.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi, Its now 9 weeks since i applied and 7 weeks since Biometric taken. This is my second application, first application FLR (M) refused based on financial requirement, Appeal was dismissed, and upper tribunal was refused. Second application is FLR (FP). Now overstayer since first application was refused, now my wife earns £19000 annually, but i cannot apply under FLR (M) as i've now overstayed, so only option was FP.

TIMELINE:

Application sent: 12/05/2014.
Acknowledgment/ ECHR Letter Received 19/05/2014.
Biometric Done: 28/05/2014.
Document Received: SOON BY GOD'S GRACE.
BRP: SOON BY GOD'S GRACE.

God bless you all.
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:29 am

@icehouse256. I hope you will get soon. Can you
Please tell me time line of your first application refusal
.After how many days you were get your refusal
From Ho.
I believe this time inshAllah you will get brp .
You said 7weeks since bio it means your application has some worth. Praying. Please update .

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 am

@helpme123. Here's my first application timeline: Application sent: 28 Dec 2012. Biometric Taken: 1st Feb 2013. Refusal Letter Dated 26th March 2013. Appealed in April. Attended the hearing with my wife and lawyer on September 5th 2013. Decision Received in October 2013. At the appeal hearing, HO Rep tried to divert the case by asking questions which didn't even reflect with the financial requirement which we were refused on in the first place, she asked questions like what we ate a week before, etc etc....we missed some of the questions, but judge said still he couldn't allow the appeal b'cos we did not meet the financial requirement
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Hurray!!!!!!!! Finally application is successful today. Thanks everyone in the forum who advise me and supported me all the times, without you I couldn't go for it. Wishing all the best all of you will get a stay soon, keep fighting. All the best guys. God bless.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:13 pm

A hearty congratulations shondra, you fought a good battle. All the best in your future endeavours

winners

Post by winners » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hurray!!!!!!!! Finally application is successful today. Thanks everyone in the forum who advise me and supported me all the times, without you I couldn't go for it. Wishing all the best all of you will get a stay soon, keep fighting. All the best guys. God bless.
Am so happy for you ,you have fought a good fight

God shall give you the power to pursue,overtake and recover all you have lost during this years IJN

Congrats
Last edited by winners on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hurray!!!!!!!! Finally application is successful today. Thanks everyone in the forum who advise me and supported me all the times, without you I couldn't go for it. Wishing all the best all of you will get a stay soon, keep fighting. All the best guys. God bless.
Big congratulations am well pleased. You have been very strong in fighting and God has done it for you. I wish you all the best. Keep praying for us.
Your expectation will manifest very soon