ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR does vistors visa count

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joetetteh
Newly Registered

ILR does vistors visa count

Post by joetetteh » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm

I came to UK for a visit in March 2003 and return to my home country in June 2003 with a valid visa in my passport. I came back to UK in Sept. 2003 as a student and have being in the UK as a student since then. Now, can I apply for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long stay next Feb., which means I will be including my vistors stay. Note I have not send a total of six months outside the UK including when I retured home after my visit.

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:49 pm

The time u spent as visitor will count towards ur 10 years long resident . As there has no break more than 6 months . Go to chapter 18 long residence rule ukba.

joetetteh
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by joetetteh » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I hope SEGS is also included in the 10 years

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:51 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.