ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

use of Halifax/Bank of Scotland Debit card to pay fees

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ra_one_2011

use of Halifax/Bank of Scotland Debit card to pay fees

Post by ra_one_2011 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:48 am

hi There,
Anyone has paid thier visa fee using Halifax/Bank of Scotland Debit Card at PEO?
Did it go through fine? if it was declined are you allowed to use phone to call halifax to let it through? does anyone know the number where i can call before hand to turn off anti fraud lock on my card?
thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 am

You should be able to use any UK debit or credit card. Make sure to call you bank and inform them about the date, time and the amount you will be paying.

You can find the number on the back of your card or google for it.

saferider
Newly Registered

Post by saferider » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

I had called my bank lloydsTSB last week before my appointment, but they said that they cannot do anything to pre approve the transaction, if it fails then asked me to call them to remove the block.

Now that Halifax uses lloyds system, I very much think it will be the same case. saying that my £2700 was taken without an issue using a lloyds credit card.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 pm

If you want to guarantee the payment and want to avoid any hassle on the day of your appointment, then I would suggest you get the Bankers Draft.

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 pm

thanks guys, Is that possible to carry a mobile phone without camera and touch screen in case i need to make a call to Halifax to authorise this payment?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

You are not allowed to use mobile phone in PEO. However I have seen cases on this forum where the person at payment counter has provided telephone access to the applicant if there is an issue with the payment.