ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last day to apply for visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Elaine_London
Newly Registered

Last day to apply for visa

Post by Elaine_London » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:36 am

Apologies if this is a repost,

What is the last day to apply for visa extension/switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2. E.g. my current Tier 4 visa is valid till 16/04/12. Can I apply on that day, i.e. on 16/04/2012 or it has to be 15/04/2012?

Thanks.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 pm

ASAP
Khurram

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Last day to apply for visa

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Elaine_London wrote:Apologies if this is a repost,

What is the last day to apply for visa extension/switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2. E.g. my current Tier 4 visa is valid till 16/04/12. Can I apply on that day, i.e. on 16/04/2012 or it has to be 15/04/2012?

Thanks.
you can apply on the last day - the date of application is the date of posting if send by royal mail post (however if sent by courier - it is the date of receipt at the UKBA). 15/04/2012 is a Sunday so you would not be able to post it on this day anyway (you need to send the application by Special Delivery post so that you have proof of the date of posting and can track the posting of the application and you can't do this on a Sunday).

Elaine_London
Newly Registered

Post by Elaine_London » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Khurram545 wrote:ASAP
Hmm...if I could, I would have applied ASAP months ago. The employer's licence is delayed. My question is "can I apply on the last day of my visa validity or not". If the employer gets the licence on this last day (there is still a chance, however flimsy it may be), can I apply or not? Can someone reply please? Could not find anything in the guidance about it...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Greenie wrote:

Thanks.
you can apply on the last day - the date of application is the date of posting if send by royal mail post (however if sent by courier - it is the date of receipt at the UKBA). 15/04/2012 is a Sunday so you would not be able to post it on this day anyway (you need to send the application by Special Delivery post so that you have proof of the date of posting and can track the posting of the application and you can't do this on a Sunday).

Elaine_London
Newly Registered

Post by Elaine_London » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Greenie wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks a lot Greenie!

So, I can apply on the last day, right? I.e. Monday the 16th. Regarding posting.. they now have the online form submission for tier 2, where you can submit and pay for application online and post the doc's within the specified time, or attend at PEO. My understanding was that when applying online this date counts as application date, provided you supply all the supporting doc's within specified time.