ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dipping into maintenance funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BOLANLAY
Newly Registered

Dipping into maintenance funds

Post by BOLANLAY » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:56 am

I have recently submitted a tier 4 visa application on the 30th of march and I can confirm that the application fee has been deducted although I am yet to receive an acknowledgement letter.My question is can I dip into the maintenance funds in my account?Do UKBA go to verify if these funds are still actually in the account?Thanks[/quote]

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:10 pm

There is the probability that funds are verified and these are randomly checked. Since you wouldn't know whether or not yours would be verified, I'll simply forget about the funds in that account until the outcome of the submitted application is known. Best wishes, Bola!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm

you need to have the funds on the day of the application and 28 days before. There is no need to continue to hold the funds whilst the application is being considered although it can be advisable to do so in case the application is refused and you need to make another one immediately (rather than having to deposit the money and wait another 28 days)