ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child travel with dependent visa, both parents with ILR now

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doctorinuk
Newly Registered

Child travel with dependent visa, both parents with ILR now

Post by doctorinuk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello,

I successfully received my ILR with my wife in March'12, but I didn't apply for my UK born child as I understood it is not essential, especially that she is now entitled for UK citizenship.

My child still possesses a tier-2 dependent visa (valid until May 2013, biometric card). Can this valid visa be used for overseas travel, while we are preparing for her MN1 British citizenship application?

Please advise.

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

no advisable since you are no longer a tier 2 migrant, therefore your child could be refused entry upon return to the UK

doctorinuk
Newly Registered

Post by doctorinuk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Does this mean that all travel has to be after the receipt of certificate + British passport for my child (~3 months)?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:08 pm

yes to guarantee re-entry to the UK. if you'd wanted to travel immediately following the ILR application then the child should have been included with this application.

os2012
Newly Registered

Post by os2012 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:21 pm

Greenie wrote:yes to guarantee re-entry to the UK. if you'd wanted to travel immediately following the ILR application then the child should have been included with this application.
Hello friend. Why is it that sushdmehta answered me YES for the same question and you're saying NO. Please clear my confusion. Thanks for your reply.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Your child will be granted entry.

The IO/CIO will look at all the circumstances and any reasonable IO/CIO will conclude there would be no point in refusing your child. The practicalities of removing a child whose parents are legally here would be pretty insurmountable.

The worse that would occur is that you are advised to regularise your childs conditions with the home office.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:58 pm

os2012 wrote:
Greenie wrote:yes to guarantee re-entry to the UK. if you'd wanted to travel immediately following the ILR application then the child should have been included with this application.
Hello friend. Why is it that sushdmehta answered me YES for the same question and you're saying NO. Please clear my confusion. Thanks for your reply.
Greenie is not "saying" no ... but "said" no - six months ago!! The difference in responses is due to the changes in immigration rules between April 2012 (Greenie's response) and October 2012 (my response).

:)
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

os2012
Newly Registered

Post by os2012 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
os2012 wrote:
Greenie is not "saying" no ... but "said" no - six months ago!! The difference in responses is due to the changes in immigration rules between April 2012 (Greenie's response) and October 2012 (my response).

:)
Thank you Sushdmehta.