ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashubhatt

English Language requirement for spouse

Post by ashubhatt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi All,

My spouse is applying for dependent using FLR(M) application. What english language proof she needs to give?? When she applied from India, in Feb 2011, she gave her masters(Advertising) and bachelors degree(bachelors of Commerce) as proof which was accepted( I was in UK Tier 1(general) at that time)

My question is whether she can submit the same as a english proof? anyone had any issue recently?

Note: I am aware that masters is not taken into consideration so I have she has mentioned bachelors as english proof

Any help would be great.
British passport holder since 17/09/2013
ILR: 12.04.12 - 23.03.22
Finish 5 years on 23.03.12. Applied for PR on 05.04.12 for ILR
Tier 1 (General Migrant) : 08.05.2009 - 08.05.2012
Work Permit: 23.03.07 - 23.03.12

zeevirgo

Re: English Language requirement for spouse

Post by zeevirgo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:13 am

If B com is 3 years then fine but get letter from NARIC

if its 2 years then she needs IELTS ....

ashubhatt wrote:Hi All,

My spouse is applying for dependent using FLR(M) application. What english language proof she needs to give?? When she applied from India, in Feb 2011, she gave her masters(Advertising) and bachelors degree(bachelors of Commerce) as proof which was accepted( I was in UK Tier 1(general) at that time)

My question is whether she can submit the same as a english proof? anyone had any issue recently?

Note: I am aware that masters is not taken into consideration so I have she has mentioned bachelors as english proof

Any help would be great.
ZIC

crb

Post by crb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:37 am

to avoid any risk ....KET (key english test) is cheap and easy.......

Alle

Is IELTS general 6.5 adequate

Post by Alle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:13 pm

My wife has got IELTS 6.5. Do you think this will be accepted when she applies under FLR(M) as my dependent after I get ILR

Please provide some clarifications

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Is IELTS general 6.5 adequate

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Alle wrote:My wife has got IELTS 6.5. Do you think this will be accepted when she applies under FLR(M) as my dependent after I get ILR

Please provide some clarifications
if it hasn't expired then she is good to go.

re-KET, I need to get my wife to do that.