ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Untaxed Vehicle fine

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asifmal
Newly Registered

ILR and Untaxed Vehicle fine

Post by asifmal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:56 am

Hi All
I'm new to the forum and and wondering if you someone can answer my question...

I'm on tier 1 general visa and applying for ILR this june. My question is that if I receive untaxed license fine, is it going to be a problem when i apply for ILR?

1...Actually I received letter from bayliffs last year august saying that i need to pay £500 for untaxed vehcle based on thames valley court orders

2...I phone the court, they re open my case as dvla and the court used to sent letter on my prvious address which i never received

3...I went to court and signed statuary declaration and the court informed the dvla fixed penalty unit

4...they took the case back and i paid nominal fine which was around £60 if im not mistaken

5...I called dvla bournmouth to check wether there is any panalty against me..they said no...also there isnt any points on my license

Can someone please advise is this going to be a problem for my ILR aplication?

Thanks
asifmal@hotmail.com
Last edited by asifmal on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Re: ILR and Untaxed Vehicle fine

Post by NemesisDude » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 am

asifmal wrote:Hi All

I'm on tier 1 general visa and applying for ILR this june. My question is that if I receive untaxed license fine, is it going to be a problem when i appky for ILR?

1...Actually I received letter from bayliffs last year august saying that i need to pay £500 for untaxed vehcle based oin thames valley court orders

2...I phone the court, they re open my case as dvla and the court used to send the letter on my prvious address which i never received

3...I went to court sifned the statuary declaration and the court informed the dvla fixed penalty unit

4...they took the case back and i paid nominal fine which was around £60 if im not mistaken

5...I called dvla bournmouth to check wether there is any panalty against me..they said no...also there isnt any points on my license

Thanks
asifmal@hotmail.com
No problem with ILR. In nutshell, you ended up with a fixed penalty which is okay. :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: ILR and Untaxed Vehicle fine

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 pm

asifmal wrote:Hi All

I'm on tier 1 general visa and applying for ILR this june. My question is that if I receive untaxed license fine, is it going to be a problem when i apply for ILR?

1...Actually I received letter from bayliffs last year august saying that i need to pay £500 for untaxed vehcle based on thames valley court orders

2...I phone the court, they re open my case as dvla and the court used to sent letter on my prvious address which i never received

3...I went to court and signed statuary declaration and the court informed the dvla fixed penalty unit

Thanks
asifmal@hotmail.com
Exact same thing happened to me, bailiffs, statutory declaration, paid OCS (outside court settlement) as offered by DVLA etc etc . I am not as far as ILR yet but I have spoken with solicitor, it is fine. Do not worry about this.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...