ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for non dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rtu
Newly Registered

ILR for non dependant

Post by rtu » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi there,

I am on HSMP (Tier 1 general), I will be completing 5yrs on 28-Nov-2012 and my husband is on work permit and he will be completing 5yrs on 28-Dec-2012. We have been married and together for 5yrs now.

Is it possible for both of us to apply for ILR at the same time?? I, as the main applicant as I qualify for the ILR first, and my husband as my dependant??

Is there any website/home office document that can referenced in this regard?

Thanks in Advance.

selva

Re: ILR for non dependant

Post by selva » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm

rtu wrote:Hi there,

I am on HSMP (Tier 1 general), I will be completing 5yrs on 28-Nov-2012 and my husband is on work permit and he will be completing 5yrs on 28-Dec-2012. We have been married and together for 5yrs now.

Is it possible for both of us to apply for ILR at the same time?? I, as the main applicant as I qualify for the ILR first, and my husband as my dependant??

Is there any website/home office document that can referenced in this regard?

Thanks in Advance.
you will not be able to apply together as dependant. one should be on dependent visa before applying ILR as dependant as far as I understood.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:14 pm

why not your both just apply separately as you both will be eligible for ILR.

the other option would be you get your ILR, you move your husband to be your dependant (spouse visa) and then apply for his ILR which will cost more.