ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Master_Blaster

ILR Query

Post by Master_Blaster » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi All,

I guess mine is a straightforward case but I need some advise on one point.

My case is HSMP 2 years + Tier 1(G) upon renewal for 3 years. I was in a permanent job from Jun 2007 until Dec 2011 and have started contracting (Ltd Company + Sole Director + 50% Share holder) since Jan 2012.

As for as the earnings requirement for T1 goes, I get all the required points with my salary in my permanent job. I plan to show 9 months from Apr 2011 to Dec 2011. I have signed payslips + Bank statements etc.

Will the case worker ask about my current employment? If yes, what all documents should I carry to prove my current employment? I have not taken any salary from Jan 2012 to Mar 2012 (as I was already over the 40% bracket). I have taken dividend after Apr 6 2012 and plan to take salary for Apr 2012. Please note that I do not need any of my 2012 income to qualify for points.

Please advise.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm

In current rules, you don’t need to be employed at the time of ILR.

As you have already earned enough between Apr 2011 to Dec 2011, you should be fine.