ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Due in Aug 2012

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roomanalisyed

Tier 1 Extension Due in Aug 2012

Post by roomanalisyed » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Hello Friends,
This topic might be discussed alot earlier, but I have a particular case. I came in UK on WP in mar 09 and got Tier 1 in aug 09, i have checked with friends verbally that even though my tier 1 is due for renewal in Aug 2012, i can still do it now and after that expiry of extended 2 years of valid visa, I am eligible for PR (indefinite leave) as the period starts from Mar 09.
Please advice if it is not correct. Also is there a problem if I start processing the extension now, as it is more than 1 month earlier as mentioned on UKBA. Will it be a problem ?
Also, if you can guide with the documents I shall be submitting, would be great.

It would be Me, Wife and 1.5 Yrs old daughter. Please advice if there are seperate application form and documents needs to be submitted.

Appreciate all response or pointers to any other post in the forum, where I can find my answers.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extension Due in Aug 2012

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:11 pm

roomanalisyed wrote:Hello Friends,
This topic might be discussed alot earlier, but I have a particular case. I came in UK on WP in mar 09 and got Tier 1 in aug 09, i have checked with friends verbally that even though my tier 1 is due for renewal in Aug 2012, i can still do it now and after that expiry of extended 2 years of valid visa, I am eligible for PR (indefinite leave) as the period starts from Mar 09.
Please advice if it is not correct.
Yes.
To be able to apply for settlement, you must meet 5 requirements.

1. You must currently be in the UK under Tier 1 (General).

2. You must have spent a continuous residence period of 5 years here in any combination of the following immigration categories:

Tier 1 (General)
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
work permit holder
innovator
self-employed lawyer
writer, composer or artist
Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer), if your permission was granted under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010

Also is there a problem if I start processing the extension now, as it is more than 1 month earlier as mentioned on UKBA. Will it be a problem ?
No
Also, if you can guide with the documents I shall be submitting, would be great.
If you mean documents for Tier 1 (General) Extension then its best you check the guidance notes. But you would more or less need
1XTier 1 General Application form (Main) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf
2X PBS Dependent application form (assuming they are In UK) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf
Photographs 2 of each
12 months Payslips
12 months Bank Statements
Birth Certificate (of child)
Marriage Certificate (some say its not necessary)
Utility Bills (joint names of you and your wife, but again not mandatory)

It would be Me, Wife and 1.5 Yrs old daughter. Please advice if there are seperate application form and documents needs to be submitted.

Appreciate all response or pointers to any other post in the forum, where I can find my answers.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I am not the expert but my personel suggestion will be to extend Tier1 in Aug 2012 and apply for ILR 6 months earlier in Mar 2014.

I don't know how long you are planning to stay with the compnay you got your workpermit through & company's business structure and even there is no gurantee that company will exist by that time.

I am only saying this because if you need any documets/letters from this company to support ILR application as per your plan and if you could not get any required piece of paper, then you might stuck.

Please wait for experts to answer, i might be completely wrong.