ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 general dependent- marriage certificate frm UK court

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MonikaGoel
Newly Registered

Tier1 general dependent- marriage certificate frm UK court

Post by MonikaGoel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 am

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get some information about getting Tier-1 general visa from India. We both live in UK and got married recently in a register office here. Is it going to be ok to submit the marriage certificate from a UK court? Also, since we didn’t get married traditionally we can’t provide marriage photos and invitation card. Are these documents necessary to apply for the visa?

Thanks,

Monika

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 am

Should be okay.
Give me more Karma (+)

MonikaGoel
Newly Registered

Post by MonikaGoel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks for replying Sam. Did you say it’s also ok not to provide marriage photos with the application? I read some stories about visas getting rejected because of absence of photos with the application so not sure about it. Although, the policy guidance on UKBA website doesn't say anything about marriage photos.

Thanks.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:01 pm

It is not mandatory to submit marriage photos but most people applying from India submit them and hence the CW's in India are used to it and assume that it is mandatory. If you have doubts, write a cover letter explaining this.

** This is strange ! Even if you got married in UK, did you not get photos taken after marriage??
Last edited by QuickSam on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give me more Karma (+)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:05 pm

MonikaGoel wrote:Thanks for replying Sam. Did you say it’s also ok not to provide marriage photos with the application? I read some stories about visas getting rejected because of absence of photos with the application so not sure about it. Although, the policy guidance on UKBA website doesn't say anything about marriage photos.

Thanks.
If you dont have photos then how are you going to get them even if they are required ??

I guess a UK marriage cert should be fine. photos, card etc are required if marriage cert is not UK me thinks
Manka