ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP to prove freedom from immigration time restrictions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Patagonian

BRP to prove freedom from immigration time restrictions?

Post by Patagonian » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:33 am

On the UKBA website it states:

"You should provide your passport showing permission to remain in the UK permanently OR the Home Office letter giving you permission to remain in the UK permanently."

As ILR applicants now get a biometric residence permit instead of a sticker in their passport will the BRP be accepted as proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions instead? The letter we received after the ILR application doesn't actually say that ILR has been granted just that they are returning the supporting documents and that the BRP will follow in a few days.

Thanks for any insight

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Not an expert by any means but I would argue it wouldnt be any problems. If concerned just stick a comment in the any other info box near the end.

My experience over the years of the Home Office sites and paperwork is that it is much more "guidelines" over what evidence to send and that they do certainly accept forms other than those stated (though potentially not in all cases).

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Biometric ILR card is the same thing as having a sticker on your passport.

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:02 pm

linkers wrote:Biometric ILR card is the same thing as having a sticker on your passport.
I sent my applicattion for naturalisation, as I am married to a british citizen I have to show I was legally in the country for 3 years, I am in the country since 2004, i sent my both passports out of which 1 was expired to show my lawful residence but as my last spouse visa i had BRP for that which they took off me when i applied for ILR, is that gonna be an issue as i had no proof to show last 2 yrs on spouse visa?

thanks for help.
Good things come to those who wait.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 pm

friend12345: home office have everything in their record so there won't be any issue for you to prove the 2 years.

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 pm

linkers wrote:friend12345: home office have everything in their record so there won't be any issue for you to prove the 2 years.
Thanks linkers :)