ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying For Ilr But I Got A Magistrate Court Fine 4 Yer Bck

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navaazo
Newly Registered

Applying For Ilr But I Got A Magistrate Court Fine 4 Yer Bck

Post by navaazo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi All,

came in UK June 2002 as a student. June 2012 I will be eligible for ILR based on 10 Years Continuous Lawful Residence. Now I have a query about the new eligibility requirement for Long Residence which is valid from on 8 November 2011. The new eligibility criteria is “The applicant must not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974”

I had a fine of £115 in 2008 February from a Magistrate Court London. The reason for this fine is I was failed to show a valid ticket on the bus (Though it was unintentionally). Now my concern is that, is this a spendable conviction within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974?
Please note; I have checked my SAR (Subject Access Request) from Metropolitan Police but in the Police National Computer nothing is recorded by my name.

I will highly appreciate that if anyone can inform me that, the fine I received by the Magistrate Court it will effect my ILR application? It needs to be spent?

Mnay Thanks,

Navaazo

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:40 am

My friend had a fine aswell in 2005, it was for over speeding. He received a fine of 60 pounds which he paid. Will this be a problem for him when he applies for ILR next week?

Thanks,