ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help please, spouse visa complication

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tom123
Newly Registered

help please, spouse visa complication

Post by Tom123 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:01 pm

Hello. I would appreciate it so much if some legal guy could help me out on this one.

I'm preparing an application for a spouse visa for my wife, the maintenence and accomodation side of the application is fine but I have problem. I own a house that I'm using as an investment and even without it, my application should be fine as i have savings, a job, and other accomodation.

The problem is, I can't get the house documents because a relative who is a property dealer is not giving them to me!! It's due to a financal dispute!

Now, I know that I don't have to mention the house, but the mortgage transactions come on my bank statement frequently. (there are tenents living there that cover the mortgage cost).

I can tell the ECO on the sponsors letter the reasons for not giving the house documents, but I fear there may be complications like he/she may question my intent of getting her over here to England and it may also undermine the credibility of the application.

PLEASE HELP. WHAT SHALL I DO?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:07 pm

I am not quite sure exactly what "house documents" you would send if you could get hold of them.

However, the relative's action really does not matter. Go to the Land Registry Online website. Enter the relevant house number and postcode and you will see that you can obtain a copy of their records online for merely £3, with a further £3 if you want a copy of the outline site plan.

That record will show who owns a property, details of any charges held on the property, things like that.
John

pumkin

Re: help please, spouse visa complication

Post by pumkin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:05 am

Tom123 wrote:Hello. I would appreciate it so much if some legal guy could help me out on this one.

I'm preparing an application for a spouse visa for my wife, the maintenence and accomodation side of the application is fine but I have problem. I own a house that I'm using as an investment and even without it, my application should be fine as i have savings, a job, and other accomodation.

The problem is, I can't get the house documents because a relative who is a property dealer is not giving them to me!! It's due to a financal dispute!

Now, I know that I don't have to mention the house, but the mortgage transactions come on my bank statement frequently. (there are tenents living there that cover the mortgage cost).

I can tell the ECO on the sponsors letter the reasons for not giving the house documents, but I fear there may be complications like he/she may question my intent of getting her over here to England and it may also undermine the credibility of the application.

PLEASE HELP. WHAT SHALL I DO?
So long as you can prove your current accommodation, what is coming off on your bank statement is irrelevant. You just need to prove you can maintain yourself and your spouse.

However, I don't know the story of the house documents, but I am assuming you are referring to the title deeds? Was your house used as security in a finance deal between yourself and your relative? Was anything put in writing? If not, and you own the house soley, I dont see how they can refuse to give you the title deeds, what were they doing with them in the first place? Just curious! :oops:

Tom123
Newly Registered

Post by Tom123 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:39 pm

I just want to say THANK YOU.
I made a property enquiry on the land register website and after paying £3, I saw my name on the title register. I'm now filling a form to obtain an official copy. Does anyone know how long this takes?
The downloaded one may not be acceptable for the ECO, even though it may not be relavant - i have enough funding and accomodation without the house.

I just want to be on the safe side.

I can't get the tenancy agreement, so I'm gonna make one up. Can anyone give some advice here? If I don't give a tenency agreement for the house the ECO might think I live in that house and my wife is gonna live at the proposed address - her aunties.
Unreasonable ECOs find anything to refuse you on - especially as we are applying from a developing country.

I also applied for a letter from the mortgage company. Thanks.

Tom123
Newly Registered

Post by Tom123 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:28 pm

Sorry. Ignore my question on the tenancy agreement. I think I can manage.