ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will my overdrawn account affect my ilr application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gbsa29
Newly Registered

will my overdrawn account affect my ilr application?

Post by gbsa29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi there, I will be applying for my ILR in few weeks time and thought I could get some info regarding few things that are bothering me. I am a senior carer and I have the old style work permit (transitional arrangement)

1. I am paid £ 7.02 which is the appropriate rate for my category, on set O application form page 11 i am being asked for current rate of pay per hour as well as per annum? My annual income is not stated on my permit should i then write there N/A?

2. My account is overdrawn for the last 3 months could this be a reason for my refusal?

3. My husband has been transferring funds on my account (online banking) to help me pay off our bills, transfer made by my husband to my account are reflected on my bank statement do I also need to send his bank statement for our ilr application?

many thanks hope you could advice me on this....

selva

Re: will my overdrawn account affect my ilr application?

Post by selva » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 pm

gbsa29 wrote:Hi there, I will be applying for my ILR in few weeks time and thought I could get some info regarding few things that are bothering me. I am a senior carer and I have the old style work permit (transitional arrangement)

1. I am paid £ 7.02 which is the appropriate rate for my category, on set O application form page 11 i am being asked for current rate of pay per hour as well as per annum? My annual income is not stated on my permit should i then write there N/A?

2. My account is overdrawn for the last 3 months could this be a reason for my refusal?

3. My husband has been transferring funds on my account (online banking) to help me pay off our bills, transfer made by my husband to my account are reflected on my bank statement do I also need to send his bank statement for our ilr application?

many thanks hope you could advice me on this....
Answers

1) you are right- leave it empty or N/A
2) NO - there is no maintenance requirements for ILR but salary should be shown on your bank statement
3) you need to give the bank statements that shows your salary

old WP holders need to get a letter from employer with SOC code, see the FAQ section

gbsa29
Newly Registered

Post by gbsa29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:05 pm

thank you....

gbsa29
Newly Registered

Post by gbsa29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:07 pm

do i still need to write a covering letter to state why it is n/a?

polskasweetie
Newly Registered

Post by polskasweetie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:04 am

As with any application with the Home Office, a covering letter is best written. One, it formalises your application by indicating what you are applying for, and the relevant documentary support you have included. Two, you have some space to make brief clarifications on sections of the application form where you think merits a short explanation.