ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for Biometric Residence Permit?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KDP
Newly Registered

When to apply for Biometric Residence Permit?

Post by KDP » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 am

Dear Seniors,

I have applied for my Tier-1 General Application (Extension) on 24th March and I have just received a letter of acknowledgement from Home Office showing their reference number for my application.

My query is, Now what? when do I need to apply for my BRP (biometric Residence Permit)? Will Home office send me another letter inviting for BRP and should I wait for it? or this is it I have my case reference number and I have to use that number to book my BRP scans now.(within 2 weeks from the date on this letter).

Please need your expertise advice? any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,

KDP

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: When to apply for Biometric Residence Permit?

Post by vignezh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 am

KDP wrote:Dear Seniors,

I have applied for my Tier-1 General Application (Extension) on 24th March and I have just received a letter of acknowledgement from Home Office showing their reference number for my application.

My query is, Now what? when do I need to apply for my BRP (biometric Residence Permit)? Will Home office send me another letter inviting for BRP and should I wait for it? or this is it I have my case reference number and I have to use that number to book my BRP scans now.(within 2 weeks from the date on this letter).

Please need your expertise advice? any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,

KDP
Ok. it looks like you are not familiar with the whole process. BRP is now compulsory which is part of your application for extension of leave. Before they make a decision on your application, they will send you a letter to enrol your finger prints and photograph (Biometrics) at a post office of your choice. After this they will process your application and if approved, they will send your passport back (no visa stamp) and send you the BRP (which replaces the visa vignette)... Hope this helps.

KDP
Newly Registered

Post by KDP » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 am

vignezh wrote:

Ok. it looks like you are not familiar with the whole process. BRP is now compulsory which is part of your application for extension of leave. Before they make a decision on your application, they will send you a letter to enrol your finger prints and photograph (Biometrics) at a post office of your choice. After this they will process your application and if approved, they will send your passport back (no visa stamp) and send you the BRP (which replaces the visa vignette)... Hope this helps.

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, BUT I am aware of the BRP, my only question is, I have received an acknowledgement letter from Home Office mentioning that, they have received my application. Is this the same letter that you are mentioning in you quote? And if not then obviously I have to wait for Home office to send me the letter about BRP enrollment.

Just FYI, The acknowledgement letter that I have received from Home office doesn't mention anything about BRP.

I hope my question is clear this time?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

KDP

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

KDP wrote:
vignezh wrote:

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, BUT I am aware of the BRP, my only question is, I have received an acknowledgement letter from Home Office mentioning that, they have received my application. Is this the same letter that you are mentioning in you quote? And if not then obviously I have to wait for Home office to send me the letter about BRP enrollment.

Just FYI, The acknowledgement letter that I have received from Home office doesn't mention anything about BRP.

I hope my question is clear this time?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

KDP
no. wait for another letter which will come about a month after this acknowledgement letter and will request you to submit your BRP

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am

KDP wrote:
If you look at the time line, you will notice that there is an approximately 10-15 days gap between receiving the Acknowledgement letter (which you already did) and getting the Biometric invitation letter. You might also want to follow this timeline topic to see when others have got their biometric invitations
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60577

It will also be useful, if you could contribute your timelines to that thread

KDP
Newly Registered

Post by KDP » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

If you look at the time line, you will notice that there is an approximately 10-15 days gap between receiving the Acknowledgement letter (which you already did) and getting the Biometric invitation letter. You might also want to follow this timeline topic to see when others have got their biometric invitations
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60577

It will also be useful, if you could contribute your timelines to that thread[/quote]

I will definitely try to give my contribution to this blog.

Thanks anyway

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:36 pm

The Ack letter is not supposed to mention anything about the BRP. You will receive a Biometric Invitation letter for that.

The biometric invitation letter is barcoded and you have to enrol your biometrics at a participating Post Office. You cannot provide your biometrics if you've not received this letter.
Give me more Karma (+)

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 pm

dear all, i applied for 14 year ILR. my timeline is:

applied: 07/07/2012
acknowledgement: 16/07/2012

no invitation for biometric? im a bit worried.

what is the biometric process?