ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Son(minor, US Citizen) coming to visit (EEA Visa Holder)Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Son(minor, US Citizen) coming to visit (EEA Visa Holder)Help

Post by hmpmarketing » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding my son coming to visit me in the UK. He is 11 years old and will be coming with his mother's consent to travel alone since we dont have the means to pay for 2 tickets (and due to some obvious reasons, we have been divorced, missus is a bit jealous), so my son wants to come see me now. I have re-married and hold a EEA residency visa (my wife is italian).

Im very excited to see him again, however Im a bit puzzled as to how we work out the visa, as he is coming on school holiday, so considered as a tourist. I know if you are an adult, as a US citizen you just go through the immmigration procedures (asked what you come here for, where you staying, etc) and you are given a stamp, but when we are talking about a child, how does this work? Can anybody guide me as to what I need to do? I was browsing the British Airways website and if you book through them and your child is travelling alone you get to register your child to something called "Skyflyer Solo service" however I couldnt find nothing regarding a tourist visa for a child.

Again, thanks for all the help!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:49 am

Unaccompanied child visitors
If you will be travelling to the UK without an adult (someone over the age of 18), we will treat you as an 'unaccompanied child visitor'. Your parent or guardian will need to provide:

their written consent for you to travel to the UK;
their full contact details;
and evidence that suitable living arrangements have been made for your stay in the UK.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas- ... uirements/