ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Our Chances of Finally Being Together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Our Chances of Finally Being Together

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if you could help me with a question. My boyfriend (UK citizen) and I (Russian citizen) want to know what the chances of getting either a fiancée visa or a visitor for marriage and then spouse visa are in our situation. The thing is I think we meet all the requirements, proof of relationship (been together for 5 years, visited each other plenty of times) and accommodation etc but my boyfriend doesn't have a job right now due to the unemployment crisis and has been looking for a while and we don't know how long it might take. I have savings of around 8000 pounds and he has around 1000 pounds. I also have property in Russia. In your experience would that be sufficient to show as finances?

As well as the combined 9000 pounds I (think) have very good employability (good working experience as a translator/Canadian Bachelor's Degree in English/Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English). The 9000 pounds should be sufficient to pay for my living expenses for a year or longer according to the current salary threshold of 5000 pounds annually (in the case that I am unemployed for a year) that my boyfriend cannot provide at the moment.

We may also be getting a large sum of money for a wedding gift from family members but this is not definite.

Thanks.