ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non UK Based Income While on Fiancee Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Non UK Based Income While on Fiancee Visa

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi,
We are thinking of applying for a UK fiancée visa in the near future. I currently work from home for an IT company in Russia and they have no problem with me continuing to work for them based in the UK, my question is - is this allowed on a fiancée visa? Am I allowed to provide this as financial documentation in the application form or is ALL work strictly prohibited while being on a fiancée visa?
Thank you!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:11 pm

You are not allowed to work on the UK on a fiancée visa, and that applies even if your employer is outside the UK.

Of course the problem goes away completely if the marriage happens outside the UK, then you apply for a spouse visa. A spouse visa entitles you to work as soon as you arrive.
John