ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon PEO on 13 April 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brakesh

ILR Success at Croydon PEO on 13 April 2012

Post by brakesh » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:50 am

The forum has been great help for me and the discussions, experienced shared by members and information provided had been very helpful to me to prepare for the appointment. I would like to thank all of you who had answered my queries to resolve any issues I had faced.

My case was quiet straight forward. I was on work-permit with one dependent, 5 years with same employer, absences less than 90 days, no absences were more than 30 days and salary was higher than stated in code of practice. Although my job title didn’t match the exact job title, I asked my manager to choose which was closest to my job title and the salary below my current salary. I guess it’s the benefit of working in a small firm.

The documents I submitted are:

1. Passport: Main Applicant & Spouse
2. Application Form: SET (O) Version 04/2012
3. Photo: Main Applicant & Spouse
4. Absence Sheet: Details of Absences (period of Work Permit)
5. Life in the UK Test: Main Applicant & Spouse
6. Employer Letter
7. Pay Slips : 3 Months
8. Letter from employer confirming that the pay-slips and P60s are authentic
9. Bank Account: Main Current Account (3 months) & Saving Account (3 Months)
10. P60: 5 Year
11. Cohabitation Documents: Marriage Certificate , Joint Bank Account I - 2 statement covering different date, Council Tax 2 years - joint name , Joint Bank Account II - 2 statement covering different date, Mortgage Statement - 2 years & Thames Water – recent
12. Letter from Home Office: Approval of Work permit, Visa Issuance Letter, Relocation of Employer - letter to Company, Relocation of Employer - letter to Main Applicant
13. Photocopies of all the documents including passport

I had made two packets - one with application, photos, passports and all original documents and another all the photocopies and arranged in a manner stated above.

On the day. I live in Croydon itself so it was 10 minutes drive from my home. There are two options to park the car, one infront of home office @ whitgift centre (NCP) or behind home-office there is another NCP but its difficult to find if you are coming here for the first time. I parked at whitgift centre because its closer to home-office. My appointment was 9:00am but I reached around 7:45, I thought I will have breakfast and might be allowed to enter around 8:00 but unfortunately they didn’t allow me to enter before 8:00. I asked them whether I can stay in the area ( which looked like waiting room), the security personnel said that we are not allowed to sit there. So we went to Sainsbury’s @ whitgift centre to buy some water and food.

At around 8.30, we went to home office. The security personnel at the door asked us what sort of appointment and the appointment confirmation email which I showed to the gentleman. He asked us to go through the security and follow and went through the security smoothly.
Around @ 8.45 am at the ground floor, there were queue for the counter where the ticket numbers were distributed. As soon as one of the counters was free, we were called. The gentleman (his accent and look was Indian) at the counter asked us our application form, passport and appointment email. Actually I had filled two form - one filled with acrobat typewriter and hand written. I was not sure whether they will accept the form filled using acrobat. We gave the application filled with acrobat and the rest he asked for. The gentleman completely ignored us and started to talk with his colleague and doing nothing (typical government employees). After they finished their conversation, the gentleman started to feed our data into the system, he printed the ticket number and gave us our documents, ticket number and fire exit information about the building. He asked us to go the 2nd floor and make a payment. The whole process took around 15 – 20 minutes.

Around, 9:00 am we were queuing at second floor to make a payment. The lady (accent was like eastern European) at the counter asked for our application form & ticket number and asked us to make the payment. I gave my credit card and she asked us to key in the pin. The payment went smoothly. She returned our document plus payment receipt, asked us to go straight and wait for our number to be called. The process took around 10-15 minutes.

So we went to the waiting room around 9:15am. The waiting room was full of people and lots of noise (felt like train station). The case workers & automated machines were calling the numbers. Sometime it was very hard to understand it because of the noise created by the people & accent of case workers. We were wondering why case worker and automated machine were calling the number. After sometime we realized that case workers were announcing the number for the counter and automated machine for biometric information. Our number was called around 9:40am; the lady (British lady) asked us our application form, passport, ticket, photo and payment receipt. She started to input our data, no single questions have been asked. She returned our document and informed us to wait for our number to be called for biometric information & after that one of the case workers on the same floor will see us. The lady was nice and soft spoken. With her in the counter, there was another lady to whom she was telling what to do and things like that. I felt like she was new staff and she was giving her the training. The whole process took around 15 minutes.

Around 10:20am, our number was announced for the biometric information. I suggest people to have a sit at the far corner – near counter number 1-5 which is the counter for biometric. The number is also displayed on the board. The gentleman (British) at the counter was nice and he told us about the biometric. He asked us our ticket number and passport. He inputted my detail, printed the document and asked me whether the name and add are correct. He asked the question in the document and write yes or no and sign the document after that he took finger prints and pictures. He repeated the same procedure for my wife. The whole procedure took around 10 minutes.

Around 10:50 am the lady at the customer service announced our number. She asked our ticket number, wrote 2nd floor and requested to go to the 2nd where the case worker will see us. We went to the second floor and the waiting room was full. We thought like we might have to wait another half an hour but to my surprise our number was announced within 10 minutes of going to the second floor i.e. 11:00am.

The case worker at the counter asked our application form, ticket, payment receipt, original supporting documents and the photocopies of all the documents submitted. I had a sheet on the top of the documents explaining what documents has been submitted for each category as mentioned above. He flipped our application, checked whether we have signed where necessary, he looked at the page where you have to mention your salary, COP number, annual salary and working hours and the absence. He started to input data into his computer from my new passport, old passport and my wife’s passport. He then checked my employers letter, looked at my pay-slips. He started to look at the bank statement and pay-slip to check whether the amount in the pay-slip and bank are same. To make his job easy, I had marked in the bank statement where the payment from my company was appearing. He asked me whether I collected my P60 last week for the year ending 5 April 2012, I said yes. He smiled. He printed the COP related to my employment and checked it against the employment letter. He had a look at our life in the UK test and informed me how much I had got and my wife. At that time I was not bothered about the marks, we were interested to hear the magic work. After that he didn’t ask any question, In between he used to go away from his desk to print outs and photocopies and asked us to give few minutes. Almost after half an hour he gave us the thumbs up and asked us to give few minutes. He took our passport, did photocopy and printed some document. He came back and said the magic word that he has approved our application. He explained about the biometric card, not to make any arrangement of travel plant until we receive our biometric card and asked us to carry our passport & biometric card when travelling abroad. He gave us the letter , where my and my wife’s name was mentioned, which stated that the biometric card will be delivered within 7-10 working days and stuffs like that and second document giving information about ILR. He asked us to check whether we have got all our documents or not. He gave returned our entire document except employer letter. By the time we left PEO, it was 12:00.
I had a nice experience, didn’t see any IT issues. I saw one packet at the case worker desk stating documents to be collected – it may be of people who faced IT issue.

I think I had covered most of thing. If any of you have any questions just let me know, I am happily try to help you. All the best for you all who is waiting for their application and who is going to apply.

BR

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:31 am

Congrats !! Thanks for sharing your views!!!

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Brakesh

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR what a biggest Sigh of Relief for you I'm also very happy for you that's a great news I don't know if you remember in one of your post you've replied to few of my querries regarding SOC code or some thing like that any ways I am really happy for you once again.

My question from you is that it would be great for me if you kindly provide me with the letter material of your document which is Letter from employer confirming that the pay-slips and P60s are authentic and my other question is that did the CW asked from you regarding your P60s or have you submitted it by your self, and my last question from you is that which employer letter format you've have used one from the forum looks quite good and precise to me.

My absense from UK are also no more than 75 odd days so I am not really worried about that part mate as I am well under that threshold.

But I must say that you're extremely lucky not to come accross that IT issues and the other things like that, I am not really planning to book an appointment at Croydon at all though Thank God I personally never ever had any bad experiences my self at Croydon and I got my WP, and my previous Student extensions from Croydon as well. But lets see how things will come to me.

Once again thanking you for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Desperately waiting for your useful reply for my questions.

Good luck for the future.

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Smam wrote:Hi Brakesh

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR what a biggest Sigh of Relief for you I'm also very happy for you that's a great news I don't know if you remember in one of your post you've replied to few of my querries regarding SOC code or some thing like that any ways I am really happy for you once again.

My question from you is that it would be great for me if you kindly provide me with the letter material of your document which is Letter from employer confirming that the pay-slips and P60s are authentic and my other question is that did the CW asked from you regarding your P60s or have you submitted it by your self, and my last question from you is that which employer letter format you've have used one from the forum looks quite good and precise to me.

My absense from UK are also no more than 75 odd days so I am not really worried about that part mate as I am well under that threshold.

But I must say that you're extremely lucky not to come accross that IT issues and the other things like that, I am not really planning to book an appointment at Croydon at all though Thank God I personally never ever had any bad experiences my self at Croydon and I got my WP, and my previous Student extensions from Croydon as well. But lets see how things will come to me.

Once again thanking you for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Desperately waiting for your useful reply for my questions.

Thank you staffordjafar and Smam.

Smam as you requested please find both leter

Employment letter
To,
The Case Worker
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Date: 06 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,
RE: Name
We hereby confirm that, Mr. #### is working with us on a work permit since 1### 2007 in our firm Company Name, located at full address of the company as job title (mentioned on work permit application by company).

We certify that He is currently paid an annual salary of £$$$.00 (based on 37.5 hours per week) excluding bonus and benefits which is above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Occupation Codes of Practice for Tier 2, sponsors as published by the UK Border Agency (SOC Number Category – Job Title - £$$$.00). The above mentioned SOC code and job title have been chosen to reflect the closest match to his designation and associated job responsibilities.

We further certify that he is presently employed by us and is still required for the employment at the firm as Job Title.
Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarifications in the matter, please feel free to contact me.

Yours faithfully,
Payslip letter
To,
The Case Worker
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Date: 06 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,
RE: Name
I can confirm that all the payslips and P60s provided Mr.#### from company name are authentic.
Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarifications in the matter, please feel free to contact me.

Yours faithfully,
The caseworker didnt ask anything specific. He asked us to give us all the document we have and intend to provide. so i gave it myself. But later on he queried whether the p60 is of 2012 and whether i received it last week. thats all.

Actually my company had issued letter to previous work permit holders as well, so just replaced the name so i am not sure. one advise for you, if you highlight the money received in the bank statement and put the mark on it, it makes case worker life easy. What i found is if your documents are well presented then you might get result quickly.

Yes, as per the responses from the forum its better to go to birmingham. When i was booking the appointment i had option of both croydon and birmingham, but i went against birmingham because i just live near croydon Peo, approximately 10 mins drive. Anyway its quiet a relief, as i started to prepare the docs from last year and loads of regulations were changing. I hope there is not much to do for Citizenship.

regards,
BR

tanvirni

Re: ILR Success at Croydon PEO on 13 April 2012

Post by tanvirni » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Congratulations.

Umesh2211

Post by Umesh2211 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Brakesh

Congratulations.... to you ...

I got next month appointment for ILR for myself and mywife at croydon PEO. I have the similar case like you. I am on work permit with the same employer since almost 5 years.
I need help for couple of queries.

1. My annual salary is about £7000 more than salary mentioned for code of practice (SOC code). Do they query for that....

2. Does it necessary to submit the Pay slip letter? Because i haven't read or heard about that....

Please give me answer or any suggestions......

Thank you very much

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi Brakesh

Thanks a lot for your kind and extreme prompt reply. It's much appreciated.

Once again I've another question I think I had this discussion with you previously as well if I am right. I got my WP as a Finance Assistant in my company but later on I got promoted to Assistant Financial Controler in my company so shall I just mention my current job position with my promotion in my company in my employer letter to the UKBA or shall I use the Finance Assistant position on which I got my WP in my letter to the UKBA. I had this discussion with my HR director of my company and he said that there's no harm for me to show my current job position in my employer letter to the UKBA which is Assistant Financial Controller and the technical changes doesn't apply to us as I got my WP in 2007 it'll only applicable to people who got their WP on or after 6th April 2011.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 am

Umesh2211 wrote:Hi Brakesh

Congratulations.... to you ...

I got next month appointment for ILR for myself and mywife at croydon PEO. I have the similar case like you. I am on work permit with the same employer since almost 5 years.
I need help for couple of queries.

1. My annual salary is about £7000 more than salary mentioned for code of practice (SOC code). Do they query for that....

2. Does it necessary to submit the Pay slip letter? Because i haven't read or heard about that....

Please give me answer or any suggestions......

Thank you very much
Hi umesh,
For your first answer, they wont query it. I even saw his working paper, in which it has stated whether the salary is more than cop or not and caseworker answer was yes.
About payslip lettter. If you read the guidance under pqyslip its written that payslip should be original or something like that and second line it was written that if payslip is not on letter headed paper, senior personnel must write a letter stating its authentic. Although my payslip was original, because of 2nd line its better to take the letter and there is no harm. Better to be safe rather than sorry later on.
All the best for ur application.

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:31 am

Thanks a lot for your kind and extreme prompt reply. It's much appreciated.

Once again I've another question I think I had this discussion with you previously as well if I am right. I got my WP as a Finance Assistant in my company but later on I got promoted to Assistant Financial Controler in my company so shall I just mention my current job position with my promotion in my company in my employer letter to the UKBA or shall I use the Finance Assistant position on which I got my WP in my letter to the UKBA. I had this discussion with my HR director of my company and he said that there's no harm for me to show my current job position in my employer letter to the UKBA which is Assistant Financial Controller and the technical changes doesn't apply to us as I got my WP in 2007 it'll only applicable to people who got their WP on or after 6th April 2011.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Wishing you all the best for the future.
Actually one of my colleague had similar problem like yours. He started as supervisor and later promoted to assistant manager. When our boss saw the technical change doc he wasbin dilema whether to write his curren position or what was mentioned in wp + his salary way higher than mentioned in wp. But once our company had issued letter stating his current position and salary to bring his wife from india, so our boss decided to write the letter stating his current position and salary. Luckily, he got his ilr and he told me that they didnt query about this to him, but this was last may. Its up to you what you want to do. My only advice for you is not to take home office letter. I think it will be fine for you.
All the best
Regards
Br

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Brakesh

Thanks a million mate honestly I haven't met you personally but I must complement you that you're an absolute gem I mean it.

I had a similar discussion with the HR director of my company he use to work as a Senior Grade 7 Level CW in Croydon nearly 8 or 9 years ago and he's well in to these rules he understand them fully and knows how and to whom these rules are going to be implemented and he also assured me that I dont have to worry about any thing I'm more than on a safe side with all my promotions and every other stuffs documents wise as well. Telling you the truth that he even adviced me not to book an appointment at Croydon :) dont know why and he just adviced me that go to bloody Belfast, Birmingham any where else in the UK but not Croydon.

Thanks a million for your kind reply once again.

Good luck for your future.

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Smam,

Just wondering, if you would be able to manage to chat with your HR manager about my case below. It would be a greatest help.

I came to UK in April 2008 however visa was issued in Feb 2008. when I applied for extension in 2010. UKBA returned my application saying that I did not use the correct form for dependent ( the form was changed on the day they received application as i send though currier it became invalid the day they receive ). application came back, after visa has expired money refuned. I applied again next week and got our visa extended till march 2013.

as we stayed beyond visa expired date (sort of overstay). it appeared as a gap in lawful stay? will that affect our ILR or not?

Umesh2211

Post by Umesh2211 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi Brakesh

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and also for giving me reply.....
Definately it will help me
Thanx
Take care

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks a million mate honestly I haven't met you personally but I must complement you that you're an absolute gem I mean it.

I had a similar discussion with the HR director of my company he use to work as a Senior Grade 7 Level CW in Croydon nearly 8 or 9 years ago and he's well in to these rules he understand them fully and knows how and to whom these rules are going to be implemented and he also assured me that I dont have to worry about any thing I'm more than on a safe side with all my promotions and every other stuffs documents wise as well. Telling you the truth that he even adviced me not to book an appointment at Croydon :) dont know why and he just adviced me that go to bloody Belfast, Birmingham any where else in the UK but not Croydon.

Thanks a million for your kind reply once again.

Good luck for your future.
Hi Smam,

its my pleasure mate. I had benefited from the forum a lot. So if my experience can help of any help, it will be great.

Honestly, if i was not living in croydon then i would have definitely booked for birmingham. It was just because of sheer convenience, i took a risk and i knew that there is no problem in my case. The only thing i was worried about was IT issues @ croydon.

If i were you, i would definitely book @birmingham because the payment has to be made only after decision is made and your case is not complicated too.

wish you all the best.

avtarjain1980

About P60

Post by avtarjain1980 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Dear brakesh,
Many Many Congrats first of all.

Regarding P60 for year ended 05APR2012 - You have submitted that to CW
which is good.

I was in impression that one get P60 in May month. Same was told by my employer to me. I was ready to explain same to CW that P60 can not be issues before mid of May. Now after reading your case I am not sure if CW will unerstand that I am helpless with latest P60. Also not sure if it can be possible for my employer to arrange this P60 if I pressurize them.
cheers
AVTAR

lucky1234

Post by lucky1234 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi Brakesh,

Few questions.

Did you make photocopies of complete file including bank statements, cohab docs etc?

Did CW take copies from you or made his own copies?

I was just thinking that making copy of all cohab docs, last 12 months bank statements, pay slips etc are just useless and so much time consuming.

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 am

Hi Brakesh,

Thanking you once again and definitely many people in this forum are getting the benefits from your useful replies that's for sure I am also one of them.

@rneeta I'll try my best to do that I am affraid I can't promise you any thing I am just an ordinary Assistant Financial Controler in my company and my company HR director is among one of the high end people in my company so I can't really promise you any thing but I'll try. He normally charge any where up to £500-£800 to the investment banks and other companies for providing them Ex-pat related HR consultancy issues. He don't really work for the UKBA any more and he hasn't got any links either other wise I would have begged him to get my case done eaisly, really can't say that he's an extremely helpful person well I believe you can imagine what kind of person he's if he manage to earn £500-£800 a day I can only imagine that and he dont take every single company cases.

Well Brakesh mate I also live in kind of near North West London side and croydon is only 10 miles away from me and offcourse Birmingham is nearly 200 odd miles but I'll definitely try to avoid Croydon. Thanks for your advice as well mate.

brakesh

Re: About P60

Post by brakesh » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:33 am

avtarjain1980 wrote:Dear brakesh,
Many Many Congrats first of all.

Regarding P60 for year ended 05APR2012 - You have submitted that to CW
which is good.

I was in impression that one get P60 in May month. Same was told by my employer to me. I was ready to explain same to CW that P60 can not be issues before mid of May. Now after reading your case I am not sure if CW will unerstand that I am helpless with latest P60. Also not sure if it can be possible for my employer to arrange this P60 if I pressurize them.
Thank you avtarjain. Actually i work for accounting firm so it was easy to get P60. it is not one of the required documents. so just be calm. if they ask you for P60, just tell them that you havent got it instead give them your last 12 months payslip and on top of that most of the information regarding p60, you can find it on march payslip.

all the best for your visa

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:44 am

lucky1234 wrote:Hi Brakesh,

Few questions.

Did you make photocopies of complete file including bank statements, cohab docs etc?

Did CW take copies from you or made his own copies?

I was just thinking that making copy of all cohab docs, last 12 months bank statements, pay slips etc are just useless and so much time consuming.

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks
Hi lucky,

If you read the last page of the set (O) form under section final check list, its written "Have you provided your current passport(s) or
travel document(s) and all other relevant documents specified in section 11 and are they originals? (We also require photocopies of the same)"

If you do the photocopy of all the docs, then it might make the caseworkers life easy and it might help to get the decision quickly. You are thinking its completely waste of time to do the photocopy, imagine what case worker might be thinking if he has to make the copy of your documents. For you ILR is quiet important, you want to hear the decision as quickly as possible but for case worker you are just another case.

All the best.

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 am

rneeta wrote:Hi Smam,

Just wondering, if you would be able to manage to chat with your HR manager about my case below. It would be a greatest help.

I came to UK in April 2008 however visa was issued in Feb 2008. when I applied for extension in 2010. UKBA returned my application saying that I did not use the correct form for dependent ( the form was changed on the day they received application as i send though currier it became invalid the day they receive ). application came back, after visa has expired money refuned. I applied again next week and got our visa extended till march 2013.

as we stayed beyond visa expired date (sort of overstay). it appeared as a gap in lawful stay? will that affect our ILR or not?
Hi meeta,

Why dont you call home office and ask them. sometime they might advise you.

Regards,
BR

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:05 pm

hi smam,

I tried home office as well o. however, they were not able to advise. I contacted solicitor also he also could give definite answer.

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 am

rneeta wrote:hi smam,

I tried home office as well o. however, they were not able to advise. I contacted solicitor also he also could give definite answer.
Hi meeta,

Do you have the proof that you send the day before they changed the form? if you have then it might help because legally its the postal date that matters then they received it. One of my friend he applied for T1G, just one day before the rule changed, he send it through recorded delivery. They received the day the new rule was applicable and they returned his document asking him to fill the new form. He wrote to them saying that he posted on 05 april so he should not fill the new form and they accepted and granted him his tier1 visa. But i am not sure about the courier rule.

If you have send the home-office document on time and they have returned your document.. during the time of your application, you are legal. I hope you have proof of courier for the first postal, letter from home office stating that the application is invalid, the proof of postal for 2nd time and the bank statement where there is the entry of your money has been taken and refunded.

the important thing is if they have considered you have overstayed and breached the rule then wouldn't have extended your visa. So just be calm and apply for your ILR.

I hope you will be fine. i think its better to book your appointment @croydon because they have got higher rank case worker if they deem your case is complicated. In my opinion your one is simple as long as you are not out of the country for more than 180 days, same employer for 5 years, you have all the documents mentioned in the application form and dependants staying with you for more than 2 years.

Best of luck
Last edited by brakesh on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 am

Hi rneeta,

I totally agree with Brakesh he's an absolute gem and a very +ve person.

Good luck for your ILR.

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi brakesh!
Did they ask you on reception about single absence over 90?I have heard recently they start to ask that at Croydon...

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:58 pm

ramay wrote:Hi brakesh!
Did they ask you on reception about single absence over 90?I have heard recently they start to ask that at Croydon...
nobody @ croydon asked me about the absences.

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi Praksh, Smam

Thank you very much for your input. yes I sent it through Royal mail special delivary which might be courier and for the courier they take the date they receive not like postal in which date of application is the date posted. We did not challenge. I have special delivery receipt as well as Bank statement showing application fee taken which they refunded later for that application. . This is giving me a big problem.Every other thing is fine

are you aware of anyone who got successful ILR using qualifying period from the date of entry clearance not the actual date of entry to count 5 yrs if you enter within 90days of entry clearance with this new modernizing guidance document?