ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contact email for immigration queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VaniVishu
Newly Registered

Contact email for immigration queries

Post by VaniVishu » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Hello users

I shall be grateful if you can advise me on the email address to contact immigration office with queries. My friends have in the past written emails and got responses but the id doesn't seem to be in use any longer.
I am in a uniquely complex situation and is in need of advise from immigration. Can you help?

Many thanks
VaniVishu

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi VaniVishu.

You did not say what type of enquiry you have although this part of the Forum is for Tier 2 of the points based system.

UKBA's email address is UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk but you will only get a standard reply directing you to their various websites. There are other email addresses for nationality/citizenship and European enquiries.

Best to phone the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 (easiest to get through mid-afternoon).

johnjkjk

Post by johnjkjk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 am

I don't believe that the public email address in use any longer. Also I doubt that the UKBA would offer you advice pertaining to your particular immigration situation, especially if it's complex.

You can try posting your question on this forum or alternatively, there are lots of immigration solicitors out there, some of whom don't charge. Find one here http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/.

VaniVishu
Newly Registered

Post by VaniVishu » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 am

Many thanks Manci and Johnjkjk.

I am a old style work permit holder that ends in the near future. I was given 5 years WP however, have gone past the 180 days rule for 'time spent abroad'. I have gone to 197 days in total, INCLUDING 50 days gap between Visa being given and date I entered UK (because my employer recruited 10 and I was unlucky to get my Visa early and ended up waiting for others to get their Visas).

Other time spent abroad include, 28 days sick leave (was misdiagnosed by GP here and had to go for treatment to India), 50 days maternity leave (had baby here, but visited India for baby's ceremonies), 7 days annual leave (Condolence in family) and two other 4 weeks trip in line with my annual leave.

My visa expires soon and my employer expects me to apply for ILR as my job is a permanent contract but has hinted that they will not sponsor me any further, if I dont qualify for ILR. Although my manager has been reassuring me that UKBA will waive off this extra absence abroad, I want to know for sure what is likely to be the outcome so that I can start applying with others, who are ready to sponsor me.

I also want to know if I will have problems due to my maternity leave. I was paid statutory maternity pay but I have not applied for or receive any child related benefits.

Can you advise me on this? I shall be grateful.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 am

Hi Vanivishu

Have a look at this UKBA document which deals with how to calculate the 5 year continuous period for ILR:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

With regard to the 50 day delay between the start date of your initial leave and the date when you entered the UK consider this:

Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period
In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:25 pm

@mansi,

Do they verify any of time spend outside UK in 5 yrs?

Reason I am asking because in last 3 years I spend total 40 days out of UK just informing my manager, but not applying any leave with Human resource.

So I am just worried if they will verify this leave with HR or not ?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 pm

aarnags wrote:@mansi,

Do they verify any of time spend outside UK in 5 yrs?

Reason I am asking because in last 3 years I spend total 40 days out of UK just informing my manager, but not applying any leave with Human resource.

So I am just worried if they will verify this leave with HR or not ?

Thanks
Hi Aarnags
you should asume that they will.