ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visa - a few questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NMck

Marriage visa - a few questions

Post by NMck » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi there.

I was hoping someone who has been through this before might be able to answer a few questions for me.

I am marrying my girlfriend on June 18th in the UK then she is returning to Venezuela to do the spouse visa so she can return to uk to live with me.

I was just wondering what are the possible grounds that the visa could be rejected. I am positive everything will be fine but every so often get worried the visa will be rejected as we have no plan b.

I would like to foresee any obstacles and plan around them so any advice would be helpful. Thank you so much.

friend12345

Re: Marriage visa - a few questions

Post by friend12345 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:52 pm

NMck wrote:Hi there.

I was hoping someone who has been through this before might be able to answer a few questions for me.

I am marrying my girlfriend on June 18th in the UK then she is returning to Venezuela to do the spouse visa so she can return to uk to live with me.

I was just wondering what are the possible grounds that the visa could be rejected. I am positive everything will be fine but every so often get worried the visa will be rejected as we have no plan b.

I would like to foresee any obstacles and plan around them so any advice would be helpful. Thank you so much.
As long your marriage is genuine and you can provide enough proofs that you can support your wife financially, there are no other reason for rejection.
Good Luck
Good things come to those who wait.

NMck

Post by NMck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:14 am

Could someone help me with another query please?

I will need to provide evidence that my parents own their house that me and my partner will be living in. We lifted the deeds of the house from the Bank where they were being stored but there is so much paperwork. They have owned their house since the late 70's so the papers look quite old and I have no idea which one to copy.

Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:45 am

friend12345...there are 'other reasons' for rejection. Previous immigration history, inadequate accommodation, the language pre-entry requirement not being met....there's a long list of grounds for refusal in the Immigration Rules.
Regarding copying the deeds, you simply need to show that your parents are the owners of the property.

NMck

Post by NMck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 am

Casa wrote:Regarding copying the deeds, you simply need to show that your parents are the owners of the property.
Thank you.

Although I need to provide evidence that they own the property, therefore I need to copy the deeds. I am not sure which document they need specifically.