ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 4 visa rejection permanent residence stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slick086
Newly Registered

Teir 4 visa rejection permanent residence stay

Post by slick086 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi guys,

Last yr I submitted my application for a teir 4 visa in november 25th. I didn't get a response until January 6th 2 days after my visa had already expired. the reason was because of photocopies.

I have submitted another application and presently waiting for a response.

Anyway does this rejection affect my 10 yr stay, and are there steps I could take to get that record expunged ? presently i've been in the UK for 7

they could have contacted me, if the UKBA sent a request asking for originals i would have provided it. they clearly state this in the initial letter they send: "if any problem u shall be contacted"

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Ofcourse, this has been created a gap which can be questioned when you apply for ILR.

So keep you all documents and UKBA letter safely and provide it at the the time when you apply for ILR and questioned by UKBA accordingly.
Last edited by Deviser on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slick086
Newly Registered

Visa

Post by slick086 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Deviser wrote:Ofcourse, this has been created a gap which can be questioned when you apply for ILR.

So keep you all documents and UKBA letter safely and provide it at the the time when you apply for ILR and questioned by UKBA accordingly.
Yes but this is a gap that has been forced upon me as a result of their inefficiency and them being irresponsible. they could have responded at least before the expiration date !

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 pm

UKBA could have contacted you for originals but you cannot challenge them if they did not do so.

slick086
Newly Registered

Post by slick086 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Deviser wrote:UKBA could have contacted you for originals but you cannot challenge them if they did not do so.
true. it doesn't make it right on their part. it feels like bullying tbh. and breach of human right..

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 pm

UKBA love to do these tricky things with immigrants.

And one more thing, if your application will be refused this time, they will not provide you in-country appeal rights, as teachnically, you have made an out of time application.

slick086
Newly Registered

Post by slick086 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Deviser wrote:UKBA love to do these tricky things with immigrants.

And one more thing, if your application will be refused this time, they will not provide you in-country appeal rights, as teachnically, you have made an out of time application.
Thanks deviser..
the first application i made, it was on my own now its through the university which i attend. the university submitted a new one on the 21st January. they advised me to do it after the 10 day appeal period but within the 28 day range, as an application made outside this ranges could be automatically rejected,

In the future in 3 years time, would I need a lawyer, are there steps i could take to help my future argument. ?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Yes, you need to be careful every time when you will make visa extension application in next 3 years. As you are near to your ILR period, UKBA will try to creat problems as much as they can even on very little issues.

The usual trick is, first they will try to make you an 'out of time applicant'. If they will find something (i.e. photographs, photocopy, bank statement name/logo issue) by which they can mark your application as 'invalid', they will keep application 'in process' until current visa expire regardless you applied one month before or a week. Even during this time period they can ask for replacement document or they can send application back immediately. But they keep you waiting. Once current visa expires than they will send your application back as 'invalid' and ask for another application which automatically make you an 'out of time applicant'.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 am

Please don't post multiple threads on the same topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.