ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success on 16/04/12 at glasgow

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ra_one_2011

ILR success on 16/04/12 at glasgow

Post by ra_one_2011 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Got ilr approval today at glasgow, no issue at all, went in at 9 and come out at 11
More detail to follow, does snyone know how long it takes to get brp at home does it really takes 7days to receive or longer?thanks.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Congrats ra_one_2011: I have seen most of the people getting BRP in 3 to 4 days.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi ra_one_2011

Heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR.

Please kindly ellaborate your experience on the forum.

Normaly you'll get your BRP with in 3 to 5 working days the earliest I've seen some one on this forum got it in 3 days exactly.

Good luck for your future.

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:11 pm

sorry for delay in my elaborated response.
i had an appointment at 9:00 reached at 8:50, straight in, got tocket number for my application after security check in. i was called at 9:20 by an application checker , asked me to hand in my file and anything else i want to submit. i gave all docs. i was called back again at 9:40 and told me that everything is fine and i will be called again in 10 minutes for BRP, which was right, did my photo and figure print, asked me if i had given my fingure prints to any police or ukba before- said no so that's that. waited an hour and called again by different guy who handed all my documents back and told me the good news and stamp my current visa with "Visa suppressed by BRP" on my and my wife's passport.I got my BRP today on 19th April exactly after Three working days. overall speedy process for that extra bit of money and happy customer.
doc taken by UKba
my salary slips
my HR letter,
my & wife's degree certificate.
last 4 years P60.
bank statement last 15 months.
no cohabitation proof taken
THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND SENIOR MEMBERS WHO PROVIDED VALUABLE INPUT ON MY QUERRIES AT EVERY STAGE. THANKS!!!!!!

avtarjain1980

congrats

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:25 pm

ra_one_2011 wrote:sorry for delay in my elaborated response.
i had an appointment at 9:00 reached at 8:50, straight in, got tocket number for my application after security check in. i was called at 9:20 by an application checker , asked me to hand in my file and anything else i want to submit. i gave all docs. i was called back again at 9:40 and told me that everything is fine and i will be called again in 10 minutes for BRP, which was right, did my photo and figure print, asked me if i had given my fingure prints to any police or ukba before- said no so that's that. waited an hour and called again by different guy who handed all my documents back and told me the good news and stamp my current visa with "Visa suppressed by BRP" on my and my wife's passport.I got my BRP today on 19th April exactly after Three working days. overall speedy process for that extra bit of money and happy customer.
doc taken by UKba
my salary slips
my HR letter,
last 4 years P60.
THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND SENIOR MEMBERS WHO PROVIDED VALUABLE INPUT ON MY QUERRIES AT EVERY STAGE. THANKS!!!!!!
congrats dear,

while filling in the form I ended up in few questions. I will appreciate if these can be answered -

i) In previous earning section 9 A4 - I want to claim for period
01APR11 to 31JUL11 and 01AUG11 to 31MAR12 [No Gap in Both]
Because of change in Job [/ Employment]

There are four start dates and end dates in FORM

Should I fill only - 01APR11 to 31MAR12
OR I should enter two periods as above

In both periods I was on Tier1

ii) In Section 9 A5 for Earning Details we need to print Source of Earning. Is this consist of -
Employer Name + Address + Start End Dates [do we need Address here a there is little space only?]

iii) Have you filled 1.10 Home Office Reference. Mine is 12char long which can not fit in 8 blocks.

iv) Section6 Immigration History - 6.2 -
If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet.
I am going to prepare adsence sheet as per template in this forum but question is - Should I leave 6.2 table blank OR I must fill some in form and rest on separate sheet (as they asked for continue).
cheers
AVTAR

ra_one_2011

Re: congrats

Post by ra_one_2011 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:40 am

avtarjain1980 wrote:
ra_one_2011 wrote:sorry for delay in my elaborated response.
doc taken by UKba
my salary slips
my HR letter,
last 4 years P60.
congrats dear,

while filling in the form I ended up in few questions. I will appreciate if these can be answered -

i) In previous earning section 9 A4 - I want to claim for period
01APR11 to 31JUL11 and 01AUG11 to 31MAR12 [No Gap in Both]
Because of change in Job [/ Employment]

There are four start dates and end dates in FORM

Should I fill only - 01APR11 to 31MAR12
OR I should enter two periods as above -----i Would fill 1april to 31 marchIn both periods I was on Tier1

ii) In Section 9 A5 for Earning Details we need to print Source of Earning. Is this consist of -
Employer Name + Address + Start End Dates [do we need Address here a there is little space only?] YES, that's right.
iii) Have you filled 1.10 Home Office Reference. Mine is 12char long which can not fit in 8 blocks. i didn't have any ref but if you write longer number wouldn't create any problem

iv) Section6 Immigration History - 6.2 -
If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet.
I am going to prepare adsence sheet as per template in this forum but question is - Should I leave 6.2 table blank OR I must fill some in form and rest on separate sheet (as they asked for continue).
i had created seperate sheet for my absence but also filled out in form, i think case worker more interested in form information than seperate paper sheets unless you have good reason to show it.

avtarjain1980

Re: congrats

Post by avtarjain1980 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am

Thank you very much - it will help. One more thing on same iv where you said -

but also filled out in form

As my absences are going over the provided fill-ins [Only eight] in SET(O) form - Should I mention only first eight in that OR the Most important eight in that [As I have few 2 days and 5 days short absences as well]

Definitely I will preapare another absence sheet containg ALL
cheers
AVTAR

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:02 am

put them in chronicle order and also write in small print to look on seperate page for more absence, i hope you don't have more than 180 days out.

avtarjain1980

Thanks

Post by avtarjain1980 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:52 am

ra_one_2011 wrote:put them in chronicle order and also write in small print to look on seperate page for more absence, i hope you don't have more than 180 days out.
Thanks

I have 120 absences but with 12-13 periods.

I will do as suggested. Help appriciated.
cheers
AVTAR

askyara

Re: ILR success on 16/04/12 at glasgow

Post by askyara » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm

ra_one_2011 wrote:Got ilr approval today at glasgow, no issue at all, went in at 9 and come out at 11
More detail to follow, does snyone know how long it takes to get brp at home does it really takes 7days to receive or longer?thanks.
congrates ra_one, can i just asked, what kind of visa you are holding before you get your ILR?

many thanks.