ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem re-entering UK with Visitor for Marriage Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Problem re-entering UK with Visitor for Marriage Visa?

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I have just got back from England after bring on a Visitor Visa. The next visa I want to apply for is Visitor for Marriage. Is the fact that I came twice on my previous visitor visa going to have any negative effects with my next application? Would there be problems getting this next visitor visa (we have all the documentation, I still have a job and property and enough funds etc.)?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 pm

It is appropriate that you apply for a marriage visit visa if you intend to marry in the UK so making an application soon after a recent visit will not have a negative impact. The only issue will be the number of days you have previously stayed in the UK in the past 12 months. If you have already done six months in the 365 day look-back taken on the date you appy, your new visa may be refused.

I do wonder why you opened a new thread to ask this question as it's directly relevant to your previous marriage visit visa question?