ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Passport has expired

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

James123
Newly Registered

ILR - Passport has expired

Post by James123 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:32 pm

My wife is ILR holder and her passport has expired; she suppose to travel outside UK in next couple of months. So I am applying for a new passport.

My question is that do we need to transer the ILR on to the new passport; if yes then what is the procedure?

Can she enter in the UK by having ILR sticker on the old passport?

Many thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:16 pm

She obviously has to get a new passport to travel. Then she needs to carry both passports with her, the old passport that has now expired, with its (non-expired) ILR visa, and the new passport.
John

tt

Post by tt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:16 pm

She can enter the UK by showing her ILR sticker on the old passport. See the discussion here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=9994

She can also opt to have a new ILR sticker put in her new passport, either by post (cost GBP160) or in person/by proxy (cost GBP500) at one of IND's Public Enquiry Offices.

Quite expensive, but that's been in place now for a couple of years.

She will need to

1. fill out Form NTL (see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=9994 for details), with a couple of PP photos,
2. pay the required amount, but NOT by cash,
3. submit her present passport, PLUS her previous one that either has her ILR sticker, or the one with the "indefinite leave to enter/remain" stamp, or, I guess, ideally all her passports which are relevant,

and that's it.

Other documentation is not required to be submitted to prove ILR, unless the passport/s themselves do not show ILR (which of course they will - unless she's lost them).

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:04 pm

i got my ILR transferred within an hour, cost me 250 pounds (feb 2005 before they hiked it upto 500).

i think the only reason why one would want it on ones new passport is because some countries(perhaps it is some counsellors of some embassies) will only grant you a visa if you have your ilr in your new passport