ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at PEO Croydon - Turned back due to "IT ISSUES"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tumbi
Newly Registered

ILR at PEO Croydon - Turned back due to "IT ISSUES"

Post by tumbi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Today, 16th April, I had an appointment for my ILR at Croydon PEO with two dependants. My case is straightforward based on combination of WP and Tier 1.

However after enrolling the biometric data at around 1pm, they kept me waiting for hours without my token number being called out. When I asked in between they just told me that the biometric results have not come back yet. I could see other tokens after me progressing through normally.

I was sitting there all day long, haven't gone out for lunch just to make sure I am there when my token is called, but they never did.

Finally at around 5pm they called my token number and at the counter told me that due to "IT ISSUES" my application is not going to be decided on today. The lady on the counter just asked for my all paperwork to be submitted. I handed over following documents + photocopies.

1. Passports
2. Work Permits
3. Salary Slips x 12
4. Bank Statements x 12
5. Employer Letter
6. P60 x 4
7. Cohabitation Documents
8. Form SET(O)
9. Biometric Cards
10. Life in the UK certificates

She said they will get back later on my contact number, however refused to give any timeline whatsoever. But just gave a written acknowledgement of documents submitted, not even checked if the application has all the supporting documents.

I was gutted, already having a headache for the day long wait and lunch of crisps! I was really disappointed with Home Office for keeping me uninformed about what's happening with my application or I can go out for lunch and come back. They just seemed not to care about it as they have already charged my card for the PREMIUM application fees.

In the end it wasn't just me, I was seeing 4 to 6 more applicants waiting and finally being told to return back without a decision. I then googled it for more and I can see a pattern - the same "IT ISSUE" reason being told for applications which were not processed on same day. It is really and IT ISSUE or just a cover for lack of staff and the increasing backlog?

What as waste day but I can just hope I'll see the result soon. HomeOffice Croydon, If you can't process PREMIUM applications on same day, stop charging PREMIUM FEES for it.

UPDATE:
---------

Got a call from UKBA confirming ILR is now granted, no additional documents required.
Last edited by tumbi on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:36 pm

So sorry to hear about this.
I am due to attend Croydon PEO in next couple of weeks.
Hope this "IT Issue" is resolved for good soon.

Also curious, if this problem is occuring at other PEOs as well.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't think so other PEOs are having any IT issues. Croydon is the worst PEO to go these days.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 am

Hi

I am really sorry to hear about your bad experience at Croydon.

Well the thing is that it looks more of a lame excuse to me rather than a real IT problem to be honest with you all forum members. How come its possible that they have this IT issue going on for ages without being resolved any ways that's an extremely bureaucratic Organization that's what it looks likes to me. Fair enough I can understand that they are the UKBA Head Quarters but I dont really think so that they have any right to do that. UKBA knows that 95% of the Visa applicants like to book a PEO appointment in Croydon just because of share convinience.

I have never ever come accross any other PEO turning away any single applicant or it might be the odd one or two and they are might not be on this forum. But the large majority is getting affected at Croydon only don't know why.

Good luck to all who got affected from this so called IT issues at Croydon.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:02 am

Hi

I am really sorry to hear about your bad experience at Croydon.

Well the thing is that it looks more of a lame excuse to me rather than a real IT problem to be honest with you all forum members. How come its possible that they have this IT issue going on for ages without being resolved any ways that's an extremely bureaucratic Organization that's what it looks likes to me. Fair enough I can understand that they are the UKBA Head Quarters but I dont really think so that they have any right to do that. UKBA knows that 95% of the Visa applicants like to book a PEO appointment in Croydon just because of share convinience.

I have never ever come accross any other PEO turning away any single applicant or it might be the odd one or two and they are might not be on this forum. But the large majority is getting affected at Croydon only don't know why.

Good luck to all who got affected from this so called IT issues at Croydon.

tumbi
Newly Registered

Post by tumbi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:25 am

I think it's happening at PEO Croydon only. One of my friend did his ILR from PEO Solihull last week and although being a very small PEO, it didn't had any such IT issues.

I am getting an impression that PEO Croydon are getting lot of PREMIUM applications (£££), however they don't have staff resources to work on that many cases on same day. Hence while they charge a premium fee, they put off work for later date when staff is available. That's like charging for what you can't deliver. I don't believe the lame reason of "IT ISSUES" as all other PEOs use the very same IT system to process their cases. They just think that it's OK for immigrants to suffer a bit and pay a bit more.

On a lighter note, I did noticed some people lost in thoughts or not present in the waiting room when their token number was being called twice or thrice. That alone adds 20-30 minutes more time to process per application.

Last year, a friend of mine visited PEO Sheffield for his ILR. They phoned him while he was on his way to PEO and told about "IT ISSUE". When he arrived there, they asked him to come at later date or submit application along with documents and wait for response by phone/post within 7 days. Since they did this for ALL applicants that day, the IT ISSUE as the reason can be believed.

AVOID CROYDON, IF YOU CAN.

ibroxy
Newly Registered

Post by ibroxy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Do they state in the letter that they have IT issue?

tumbi
Newly Registered

Post by tumbi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 pm

ibroxy wrote:Do they state in the letter that they have IT issue?
No. It just acknowledges the documents submitted and their count.

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 pm

They are getting so many premium applications because the postal applications are taking such an unacceptable length of time that the system is grinding to a halt!
If an application is likely to take 10 weeks many will not bother to pay the extra and will wait. If it is likely to take 25 weeks they will pay the extra!
I doubt the IT glitch is any more than not enough staff to enter the information on the IT system!
As this is a good little earner for the UK it is a shame that it has become a shambles!

zimalc
Newly Registered

April 16 2012 SET(O)

Post by zimalc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 am

Hi, I had the same problem, after a few hours, been told that due to IT problems, I'll have to come back the next day (yesterday). I was the last one to leave the PEO (Croydon), and the caseworker promised to ring yesterday - no call. I was devastated after saving up all year to pay for this premium service. I am hoping for a call today but it looks like this IT issue is a known problem and I shouldn't keep hopes up. Thanks to everyone who wrote in here about this, makes me feel not so alone.

Happy to report back if I hear back from them. Oh, and I did call their main number yesterday but was shouted down why I don't listen to instructions of "they will call you". I told the woman to stop being aggressive and calm down, it's me that should really be upset, not you. So on the mainline switchboard, they are blissfully 'unaware' of any IT problems in Croydon. Apparently they would normally know of any prolonged issue and in this case, Croydon has not reported that yet. Strange.

DMck
Newly Registered

Post by DMck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 am

I think the promise of a phone call is just to get people out the door...Hardly ever actually happens.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 am

DMck wrote:I think the promise of a phone call is just to get people out the door...Hardly ever actually happens.
True that, One of staff member was so intimidating on the day even though i was being polite. Scary Place!!

avtarjain1980

scary

Post by avtarjain1980 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Reading so many threatning threads of IT-glitches sinch March 30 [>2weeks]
I am feeling like I am going to be the Next and can not do anything.

I am appearing in Croydon in 2week time. No option at all [Can not find alternate PEO - its too late but still I try sometime]

as Day are coming near It is like I can see a burning fire and forced to jump into that with >£2500 in hand ;)

Everyday I search for posts which can say - No IT issue at all, But None since then.

I wish to blacklist that IT company who has provided them Biometric Machines !!
cheers
AVTAR

tumbi
Newly Registered

Re: April 16 2012 SET(O)

Post by tumbi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 pm

zimalc wrote:Hi, I had the same problem, after a few hours, been told that due to IT problems, I'll have to come back the next day (yesterday). I was the last one to leave the PEO (Croydon), and the caseworker promised to ring yesterday - no call. I was devastated after saving up all year to pay for this premium service. I am hoping for a call today but it looks like this IT issue is a known problem and I shouldn't keep hopes up. Thanks to everyone who wrote in here about this, makes me feel not so alone.

Happy to report back if I hear back from them. Oh, and I did call their main number yesterday but was shouted down why I don't listen to instructions of "they will call you". I told the woman to stop being aggressive and calm down, it's me that should really be upset, not you. So on the mainline switchboard, they are blissfully 'unaware' of any IT problems in Croydon. Apparently they would normally know of any prolonged issue and in this case, Croydon has not reported that yet. Strange.
Did you noticed the signboards at every counter saying something on the lines "abusing our staff will not be tolerated"... they forgot that PEO Croydon is abusing the PREMIUM application process.

On the other hand, not all applicants at were turned back but they seem to pick random applications and turn them back to reduce work load.

tumbi
Newly Registered

Re: scary

Post by tumbi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 pm

avtarjain1980 wrote:Reading so many threatning threads of IT-glitches sinch March 30 [>2weeks]
I am feeling like I am going to be the Next and can not do anything.

I am appearing in Croydon in 2week time. No option at all [Can not find alternate PEO - its too late but still I try sometime]

as Day are coming near It is like I can see a burning fire and forced to jump into that with >£2500 in hand ;)

Everyday I search for posts which can say - No IT issue at all, But None since then.

I wish to blacklist that IT company who has provided them Biometric Machines !!
If it was the fault of some IT company, all the PEO offices would have suffered. But it seems to be ONLY CROYDON that is having such so called "IT ISSUES". Can't believe it!

Also I noticed the Biometrics enrolment staff was the only one group working hard to make sure they call each and every token. Occasionally coming out of their booths and calling the token numbers loudly. At 4pm going to each applicant waiting to check if their biometrics data is enrolled. This is to make sure they don't have to call the applicant again to get biometric data.

It's all planned! Work on some, leave the rest for another day!
Last edited by tumbi on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tumbi
Newly Registered

Post by tumbi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:53 pm

DMck wrote:I think the promise of a phone call is just to get people out the door...Hardly ever actually happens.
When the lady called my token number... I said to myself ... now here comes the surprise "IT ISSUE"... as I was reading similar threads on my mobile while I was waiting.

When she was saying "IT ISSUES".... I can notice she was not telling the truth. But what can I say to the operational staff... they do what they have been told.

avtarjain1980

seems like people are moving

Post by avtarjain1980 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Location Croydon
Day of the week Date Time
Tuesday 24 April 2012 10:20 AM
Tuesday 24 April 2012 10:25 AM
Tuesday 24 April 2012 10:30 AM
Wednesday 25 April 2012 10:00 AM
Wednesday 25 April 2012 10:05 AM
Wednesday 25 April 2012 10:10 AM
Wednesday 25 April 2012 10:15 AM
Wednesday 25 April 2012 10:20 AM
Wednesday 25 April 2012 10:25 AM
Wednesday 25 April 2012 10:30 AM

--- Bulk of appointments are getting released from croydon :) as on 4:50pm
cheers
AVTAR

tier1check

Post by tier1check » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 am

I have started one common thread for tracking PEO applications because of IT issues.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... bd50cfc714

Please put your details there. It would be easier for us to track and get idea.

zimalc
Newly Registered

Post by zimalc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi all, just updating that I got an unexpected call back this morning, ILR all processed and fine, am picking up tomorrow. I was expecting at least a 2wk wait considering the backlog. Good luck guys.

avtarjain1980

Congrats Buddy

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:33 pm

zimalc wrote:Hi all, just updating that I got an unexpected call back this morning, ILR all processed and fine, am picking up tomorrow. I was expecting at least a 2wk wait considering the backlog. Good luck guys.
many congrats.

Can you pelase mention when did you appear in PEO please. Help me figure out average responce time for IT issues.
cheers
AVTAR

tumbi
Newly Registered

Post by tumbi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Got a call from UKBA confirming ILR is now granted, no additional documents required.

DMck
Newly Registered

Post by DMck » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:36 pm

It's not isolated...Just had a friend go all the way up to Liverpool and had exactly the same prob up there!

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:53 pm

The problem is indeed with Biometrics system so not just croydon PEO, most other are affected and so as most of the post office when the system is down.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:55 am

Hi guys,
I applied on the 16th of April at the Croydon PEO and just recieved the dreaded further enquiry letter. Not sure what the problem can be as my application is a straight forward HSMP to TIER1 application. I have been in the same job for 4 years and did my TIER1 application/renewal while working for the same employer and earning more than the required treshold.
I am hoping to hear from anybody that may have been in a similar situation (both past and present)

Balaji88
Newly Registered

ILR IT issues in LIVERPOOL Very Urgent

Post by Balaji88 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 am

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me. I applied April 18th due to IT issues they said we will give a call. It's already 8 days is gone. Still i didn't get any call. Is there anybody got a call from UKBA office.