ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRIS scanners & biometric information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

timesofindia

IRIS scanners & biometric information

Post by timesofindia » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi

I had submitted my Tier 1 Extension application and in the application I had mentioned that I had not previously submitted my biometric information.
I remembered that I had submitted my details at the IRIS pilot scheme at Heathrow once, I was wondering if they are considered as BIOMETRIC details?

Can someone please suggest? Did anybody register for the IRIS scanning at the airport?

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Unfortunately I have no details like reference number of anything regarding my IRIS registration.

I was planning to write a letter to the caseworker explaining that, I had not provided my finger prints or biometric details at any UK Visa applications but I had registered (not used much) for the IRIS scheme at Heathrow.

Are there people who have got there visa extensions without any problems?

Does the IRIS scans taken at Heathrow airport related to the biometric resident permits?

Senior members any ideas/thoughts?

tier1HS
Newly Registered

Post by tier1HS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:52 pm

timesofindia wrote:Unfortunately I have no details like reference number of anything regarding my IRIS registration.

I was planning to write a letter to the caseworker explaining that, I had not provided my finger prints or biometric details at any UK Visa applications but I had registered (not used much) for the IRIS scheme at Heathrow.

Are there people who have got there visa extensions without any problems?

Does the IRIS scans taken at Heathrow airport related to the biometric resident permits?

Senior members any ideas/thoughts?
Hi,

I recently had my tier 1 extension successfully approved at Liverpool PEO. While recording my biometrics, I asked the UKBA officer, whether I need to provide my detail of IRIS records (taken at Gatwick Airport). The officer informed that biometric related question is only about, any data collected during visa application processes. IRIS does not count in this.

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm

I cant thank you enough !!!.
I had been through a Panic moment all this time and your answer has relieved a bit of pressure from me.

Thank you very much.