ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dilemma of a Dependant migrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saloman
Newly Registered

Dilemma of a Dependant migrant

Post by Saloman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:24 pm

8 Years in UK as dependent & ILR.
Hi,

Greetings to all.

First time here, seeking advise from esteem members of this forum.

I came here in the year 1999 as a dependent of my dad at the age of 16, studied here and now work for DWP. I am now major, age 24.

My dad first came on a work permit to represent his overseas employer who had a significant investment in UK registered company which after 3 and half year went under liquidation. Since his overseas employer has other significant interest to be looked after here, my dad than switched status as their sole representative. Home office endorsed dependants passports accordingly extending our stay for another 4 years. That 4 years period will end shortly but due to 5 years rule it will now delay for another year.

I have been here for 8 years and only visited India once for two weeks. Though I am major now my visa status remains as of dependent and I am subject to certain restrictions for permanent employment contract and promotion which is frustrating.

I understand introduction of new rule, according to home office is to cause maximum integration of migrants in UK life. In my case I am totally integrated in this society for long 8 years and deserve free hand to progress in my career in this free society.

Please advice which way I or my dad should approach home office to get ILR instead of extension for another year.
Would appreciate expert advice.

Thank you and have a nice week end.

Saloman.