ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishnais

ILR success at Sheffield PEO

Post by krishnais » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 am

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone who helped me patiently with all my queries regarding my ILR application.

I had my ILR appointment with one dependant at the Sheffield PEO on16th April 2012, and got the ILR application approved - without much hassle.

My background is that I am an old style work permit holder and worked for two different employers in the last five years. I got married only recently and wife had a work permit dependant visa from January 2012 and she came to the UK for the first time in the last week of March.

Here is the list of documents that I submitted:

• Employer letter with SOC code (Template taken from the forum)
• LIUK certificates x 2 (mine & wife)
• 3 months bank statement (Last week’s bank statement had both our names on)
• 6 months pay slips
• Letter from employer confirming business travel dates
• Employer letter confirming End of year earnings for 2011-2012 (Could not get the latest P60 in time, so got a letter from the HR)
• Letter from Employer confirming the authenticity of the payslips
• Letter from Previous employer
• P45 from previous employer
• Workpermits (UK) Letters x 2 (The ones that you get when you are issued with a workpermit)
• Address Proof
1) Polling cards (Both our names)
2) Council tax letter (Both our names)
3) TV, Internet and Phone bills (Only in my name)
o **All address proof’s only from March and April 2012**
• Tenancy Agreement (with both our names)
• Marriage certificate
• Cover letter explaining the reasons to include my wife in the application, without living together in the UK for two years (and quoting the relevant rules and paragraphs from the current immigration rules).

Experience at the PEO:

• Appointment was at 1.30PM
• Arrived at 12.30PM (Parked at the private car park close by, which costs only £3 – all day)
• Airport style security check
• Got a token at the reception desk at 12.40PM
• Got called by another lady at 1.20PM. She collected the filled in application and checked to ensure all the required details are filled in. She also collected the supporting documents. (She did not check through what documents I was submitting)
• I asked her if I also add photocopies. She was glad to add them as part of the whole pack. She put the application, supporting documents and photocopies in a pack.
• I was then asked to go to the payment counter, Payment was made at 1.40PM
• Then the waiting game started! (I thought a caseworker would have been assigned now and he would have started looking through my file, but I found out later that was not the case.)
• I was called to the Biometric counter at 3PM. Took only 5-10 mins. I was told that a caseworker would start working on my file now.
• My number was called out at 4PM. Went to the counter and the caseworker said that he can confirm that my ILR application has been successful (no questions asked!!) and the Biometric cards would come through in 7-10 working days. I was also given a signed letter confirming that. (When you get this, check it to ensure that it is signed. I saw one other family comeback in the afternoon as their letter was not signed.)

Thanks again to everyone that helped! Appreciate it guys!

Update:

Received the Biometric cards on 19th April!
Last edited by krishnais on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your experience on the forum.

Just a quick question how many years of P60's you've submitted ?

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for your future.

krishnais

Post by krishnais » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 pm

I did not submit any P60 at all. (I only had photocopies attested by my employer for the last four years. So, took a chance by not submitting it)

But, as mentioned before, I submitted a letter from my employer confirming the End of year earnings for 2011-12.

The letter from the employer just stated my NI number, Gross pay and Tax contribution for the financial year from March 2011-March/April 2012.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Many Many congrates...

Did you apply for FLR(M) as she has recently joined you?

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Many Many congrates...

Did you apply for FLR(M) for your Mrs as she has recently joined you?

krishnais

Post by krishnais » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi,

No, I did not apply separately for my wife.

She was included in my SET(O) application as a dependant. She joined me in the UK recently. (She was on a workpermit dependant visa)

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that Set(O) dependent will get FLR(M)..
My Understanding is you have applied for SET(O) and got ILR and your Mrs is ILR Dependent which is FLR(M)...OR did she got ILR same as you..

Please update me if i am wrong.

Thanks...

krishnais

Post by krishnais » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Nope, she got ILR. (This was possible because I was on the old style workpermit)

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks for the reply...That great news congrates..

I am on HSMP+Tier 1 and due for my ILR in December. My wife will only be completing 1 year by then. Will she be eligible for ILR.

Please could you kindly update me.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 pm

sham111 wrote:Thanks for the reply...That great news congrates..

I am on HSMP+Tier 1 and due for my ILR in December. My wife will only be completing 1 year by then. Will she be eligible for ILR.

Please could you kindly update me.
For your dependant wife she need to have completed a 2 year stay in UK before she can apply for her ILR.
She will have to apply for FLR (Further Leave to Remain)
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.