ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query accountant letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daisy80

Urgent query accountant letter

Post by daisy80 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my ILR Visa next week.

I am applying as director of limited company

my accountant has given me letter for my salary and dividends.

He has mentioned his AIA Number
Association of International Accountants

http://www.aiaworldwide.com/

I can find his company name on the ACCA Directory only whom he is partner.
but not he himself?

will that be fine for the visa?

as per ho gudienace

evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm the accountant must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body. If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory body. These are: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). If the earnings were made while the applicant was not in the UK, the evidence must come from one of the above accountants or from an accountant or accountancy firm on the list of full members given on the website of the International Federation of Accountants, on

senior members please could you advise if this letter would be fine if the firm is accountancy firm is acca member

tryingforpr
Newly Registered

Post by tryingforpr » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:20 pm

can u ask for his practising certificate? i think this will prove he is legitimate/certified accountant...that shud be enough i guess...

i did the same thing, my ILR was approved.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Do we need a practising certificate or just a letter from accounting body saying that (s)/he is a member?
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

tryingforpr
Newly Registered

Post by tryingforpr » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 am

well its not mandatory to hv certificate with u...i asked; he gave..its bit strong proof that he is certified than producing a letter on letterhead..ne body can produce a letter...

but as i said its not mandatory requirement...so if u can hv it easily go for it, else its still ok